Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know some people work with paper spread out to help visualise something but the way those sheets of paper are pinned up covering the whole wall really looks more like a procrastination thing than anything else.
All that paperwork on the wall would make me feel claustrophobic in that room, as if the words are ready to shout out and leap at me. What's wrong with one checklist or a flip chart?

Reactions: 27
She seems to think that she's a mad creative who works best under the pressure of a looming deadline. If Robert Louis Stevenson could write Jekyll & Hyde in 2 weeks, why not R Jackie?

But...Jack, you're not producing art, you're creating a slop manual. There's obviously a market for overblown descriptions of food (Nigella), but people buy her books because they like the recipes first and foremost.

Your recipes should be reliable, well-written and well-tested, not "one and done, autism for the win" and then 10.000 words of What Tattle Got Wrong.

This book is going to be bleeping terrible. Jack, you're not a maverick, you're not an artist, you're just a bad cookbook writer with terrible organisation skills.
Now I've got 'bad cookbook writeerrrr' to the tune of Smooth Operator circling around my head.

Whhyyyyyy

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Also the last couple of pages.....come on roll eyes post response. We need you now more than ever!

🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I think she makes a song and dance about being disorganised on purpose. Those potential employers DO see it, swear they’ll never work with her, then she can blame her severe ADHD on not being offered work. “No one wants to hire ME, a severely autistic, ADHD addled tattooed lesbian, look how I’m being discriminated against! They see how my maverick brain works and they don’t want to know...” type bollocks. This only works for companies who don’t have a work experience child in doing the collab deals.

Her red carpet gumpf. Oh my god. David Brent is back. That snarl... that hair! I’m a tiny bit older than Jack and would have sued the hairdresser if I had come out looking like that. Actually looks like my Nanny’s hair. She is SEVERELY old though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Yeah, she’d claim Northern Irish is her first: it’s definitely not Greek.
Erm, northern Irish isn't a language. 🤣 My 5 year old asked me to do I speak that when I am at home. I had to explain we speak the queens English. She really Is a trumpet.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Bbc breakfast are running a piece about the effects of long COVID, how many days until she remembers........?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Cinnamon granola does sounds delicious but if it’s the same as her other granolas it will be oats in cheap oil which don’t get crunchy and suggests 2 tbsps is a suitable portion size.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Cinnamon granola does sounds delicious but if it’s the same as her other granolas it will be oats in cheap oil which don’t get crunchy and suggests 2 tbsps is a suitable portion size.
Yeah, I've found that with her granola recipes. It's not that they taste unpleasant, but they're definitely not granola.

Reactions: 25
Yeah, I've found that with her granola recipes. It's not that they taste unpleasant, but they're definitely not granola.
I’ve made the peanut butter and jam one a few times because people keep giving me jam and I never really know what to do with it. It ends up tasting like a cheap flapjack, as you say, not unpleasant but nothing like granola.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.