Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate hate hate that "no wonder men have trust issues" line. What a crappy, misogynist 'joke', playing on that naff idea that women wear make-up to attract/magnetise men, then when they get their claws on them and reveal their 'real' face and then the poor men are trapped. She really does live in her own fantasy version of the 1950s.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 141
View attachment 440393
Imagine having 180 expensive eyeshadow pallets and you still don't know how to blend your makeup properly 🥴

(Obviously I hate the poverty cosplay, lies, grifting and treatment of animals the most... but am I going to take the piss out of this low hanging fruit? Yes, absolutely! X)
Looks like she’s been on the magic markers

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Ha, never forget Mary Poppins Jack. Spit spot more slop.
Also she does kind of remind me of the avon lady in that get up?
Could be a alternative career choice?
Ding dong?
Avon calling?
I'd love to see the look on the expectant customers faces if she came a calling? :p

• Haha
Reactions: 29
"no wonder men have trust issues" 🙄 that's another example of her wanting to be one of the girls, like that's how we talk amongst ourselves.

most of us don't wear makeup for the benefit of men. men know women wear makeup and that it looks different to bare skin, they (mostly) aren't actually stupid. and besides, plenty of men wear makeup

she really is just so basic!

• Heart
Reactions: 78
I really can’t wrap my head around the sheer amount of makeup. Seventy seven lipsticks, okay they’re probably not all premium brands but that’s got to be somewhere in the region of £500 to £1000 at least. That wouldn’t be too bad if they were something you could get a lot of use out of like a good quality coat or a kitchen aid (not one taken apart and sprayed pink and sparkly though) or something which would hold or appreciate value. But lipstick goes off and there is a limit to how much you can use. Okay I’m not much of a lipstick wearer but I don’t think I’ve ever finished one before the taste and texture had made it obvious it was past it’s best.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
To be fair she isn’t very good at make up application. I can see why she might want to join a make up group,for narc supply me me me
She would benefit from lessons, she doesn't seem good with colours, despite being confident with them. Jack, get some lessons!

And like anything, coating yourself in expensive product doesn’t necessarily produce a good look. A great MUA could recreate a near perfect knock off celeb look with rimmel and revolution.
Kind of like the £250 Lady Di jumper? Looked good on Diana (RIP)

ETA 🤣🤣🤣🤣poundshop Shirley Manson

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Everything is a drama with our Jackie - even putting on makeup. Of course she had to slowly, gently, gingerly be coaxed into wearing it over the course of six months. It must be so exhausting being her.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I don't care if she has 50 lipsticks and 40 eye liners. It's the inconsistency of pretending online you're low on money, saying your rent had bounced for 6 months and then rattling the tip jar and the piss taking Patreon. And the 20 pound shop that leaves out all the things she actually eats.
SO much this! There’s nothing wrong with liking make up. There’s nothing wrong with liking make up THAT much. What is wrong is owning that amount of make up whilst simultaneously giving out the impression that you’re one meal of washed spaghetti hoops away from the workhouse.
What she implies about her situation is not true and it’s not fair. It’s not fair to those who believe her and give her money, stuff, time and/or sympathy because of that.
And it’s not fair to those who are actually in dire straits because people will look at ‘poor’ Jack and assume that everyone in her supposed position acts in the same way.
Fair enough it’s not booze or drugs but it’s playing right into the stereotype that people who are poor are poor because they waste their money on things they shouldn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I hate hate hate that "no wonder men have trust issues" line. What a crappy, misogynist 'joke', playing on that naff idea that women wear make-up to attract/magnetise men, then when they get their claws on them and reveal their 'real' face and then the poor men are trapped. She really does live in her own fantasy version of the 1950s.
Anyone who associates with JM ends up with “trust issues “.

• Haha
If BB somehow had a love of both Mary Poppins and S&M which meant she found a mean Mary P hot???
She looks like she’d twit you with that duck handle
I think someone spotted that Louisa did indeed have a picture of Mary Poppins on her twitter.

Reactions: 24
I‘ve read that some ”influencers“ will include typos in their posts on social media, because there’s always someone that will comment to point it out, which then ups their engagement. I think Glossy FB Jack was kind of doing the same. There’s no way she was that new to make up (speculation and just a hunch your honour), but applying what looks like her entire collection all at once, in a hack-handed way, is guaranteed to get attention and comments.

It‘s true that with the right skills you don’t need the high end brands. A friend of a friend 📐 went on to become a highly successful MUA (we‘re taking international supermodels, music videos, that kind of thing), and his recommended brand was Rimmel. Now this was “84 years ago”, but the point still stands.
Personally I love Barry M, it’s affordable, colourful, cruelty free, and fully VEGAN!

(yikes, sorry for the long post 🥴)

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I really can’t wrap my head around the sheer amount of makeup. Seventy seven lipsticks, okay they’re probably not all premium brands but that’s got to be somewhere in the region of £500 to £1000 at least. That wouldn’t be too bad if they were something you could get a lot of use out of like a good quality coat or a kitchen aid (not one taken apart and sprayed pink and sparkly though) or something which would hold or appreciate value. But lipstick goes off and there is a limit to how much you can use. Okay I’m not much of a lipstick wearer but I don’t think I’ve ever finished one before the taste and texture had made it obvious it was past it’s best.
Yes its the ostentatious waste of it all that is really a bit sick?
You would never use all those cosmetics would you? They probably just got left in a draw or a make up bag?
She really has a serious compulsive spending habit and then complains about bills or the landlady needing her rent?
As for this new book with frugal living tips i can only presume that she is doing it for her own benefit because she is the one who needs to learn how to be frugal?
I wish she would drop the pretence that she is doing it for others as some kind of romatic gesture to alleviate poverty?
Please do us a favour jack get your own life in order first, before you try to lecture others about what you consider to be their poor choices?
Its all very hypocritical and disconcerting?
The scary thing is at least for those close to her is that there is no happy medium?
Its either fancy lady di jumpers mountains of lipsticks and lets not forget the 250 cookbooks brought in waterstones or its one pound bacon and cheap sausages?
Then she feels aggravated because she is not a homeowner/forever home...its ridiculous?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think someone spotted that Louisa did indeed have a picture of Mary Poppins on her twitter.
Louisa Brexit tin thief, thanked Jack for her birthday tickets to see the show. Referring to her (Poppins) as being the first women she'd ever loved....from memory, not a direct quote m'lud.

• Haha
  • Wow
See in that HuffPo article, this line about SB really stands out:

"The only thing constant in his life really is me.”

The implication here is that his dad is absent and that there's no support network.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.