Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon she didn’t tell her parents because, yes, they WOULD have helped, but they also would’ve told her to buck up her ideas (NI mothers, eh) and get a grip of herself. And poor, delicate smol pixie Jack can’t deal with any kind of tough love.

Reactions: 43
Applied for a fork truck driver role - which makes sense if you get confused at roundabouts.
Yeah, didn't she say she applied because she thought it would be easy, too? I mean, easier if you've got a driving license no doubt - how would they employ someone who can't even drive a car?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Would her Dad not bollock her for all this carry on, when he lives off the back of his FB reputation?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I never fail to be amazed by the size of the chip she has on her shoulder. So hard done to, our Jack!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
The teacher was right really (I know it didn’t happen). She’s in her 30s and still regularly misses rent payments. She’s not exactly successful. It’s not the gotcha that Jack thinks it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
She never questions why these things always happen to her. So many more stories to tell (for anther day, got to keep them guessing) The one common denominator is herself. Why would they want to get rid of her if she was so good? Why would they not employ her in other daytime rolls that she was qualified for? Why did they not just redeploy her into the suitable rolls that were being advertised? Why did they refuse to rescind her letter of resignation? Why did all these things happen to her?

Because she is a nightmare to work with, obviously.

The union said she had a good case for a tribunal. On what grounds? She resigned, they accepted her resignation. No case. A case of constructive dismissal would not have had a cat in hells chance of succeeding, otherwise she would have taken the unions advice.
I wouldn't be surprised if Daddy told her to sit down, take her medicine and stop making a bleeping Holy show of him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Yeah, didn't she say she applied because she thought it would be easy, too? I mean, easier if you've got a driving license no doubt - how would they employ someone who can't even drive a car?
It came with on the job training!!
Might have changed but years back when I was a teenager there was no requirement to have a driving licence - but you need very good spacial awareness and able to drive backwards. If she struggled with roundabouts no way could she cope in racking and narrow aisles where the error margin is inches

• Haha
Reactions: 30
How about you give us a clear timeline?

You have just said you gave up work when your son was 6 months old after juggling childcare......when did your maternity leave end?

Why have you previously put your poverty when he was 2-3 and eating bread and jam?

I suppose it answers the baby milk from the foodbank, or does it?

• Wow
Reactions: 31
I reckon she didn’t tell her parents because, yes, they WOULD have helped, but they also would’ve told her to buck up her ideas (NI mothers, eh) and get a grip of herself. And poor, delicate smol pixie Jack can’t deal with any kind of tough love.
I truly believe that there was nothing to tell them. None of it adds up, it’s all bullshit. Plus, they were helping! They were helping with childcare, his dad was having him too. All she could have ever told them was that she’s a lazy cow who spunks all her money on tit. Hence the not telling. It’s all a pack of lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
How about you give us a clear timeline?

You have just said you gave up work when your son was 6 months old after juggling childcare......when did your maternity leave end?

Why have you previously put your poverty when he was 2-3 and eating bread and jam?

I suppose it answers the baby milk from the foodbank, or does it?

Also the sheer drama of it all. I know she had spoken before about self harm when she was in the poverty but that has now been upgraded to a psychiatrist sitting at the end of her bed waiting for her to wake up, presumably from an overdose.

Do/did m&s ever do egg tomato and salad cream?🤢
I don't know if M and S do but Tesco do and they are amazing! I want one now even though I have already cooked some gnocchi for lunch, I might have it for dinner instead!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Ok Jack, was he six months old or 19 months old when you quit/got dismissed by old chief?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
She never questions why these things always happen to her. So many more stories to tell (for anther day, got to keep them guessing) The one common denominator is herself. Why would they want to get rid of her if she was so good? Why would they not employ her in other daytime rolls that she was qualified for? Why did they not just redeploy her into the suitable rolls that were being advertised? Why did they refuse to rescind her letter of resignation? Why did all these things happen to her?

Because she is a nightmare to work with, obviously.

The union said she had a good case for a tribunal. On what grounds? She resigned, they accepted her resignation. No case. A case of constructive dismissal would not have had a cat in hells chance of succeeding, otherwise she would have taken the unions advice.
I agree. If she was so good at her job, they could have moved her into a different support role. It takes weeks to train as a call handler, and that's a lot of money down the drain if they quit the fire service. I don't buy that she couldn't find a childminder to work with her shifts. Lots of nurseries take care of the kids of shift workers and make it work. I have a close family member who works in the police and they can just log into a central system and see their shifts a YEAR in advance, so it's only last-minute rushing around and scrounging up childcare if you're completely disorganised.

I'm guessing the tribunal would be on the grounds of maternity discrimination or similar. Perhaps a bit of sex discrimination or -phobias thrown in for the traaazzzers stuff? Who knows? I'd be interested to know exactly what the union said.

Reactions: 34
Convo may have moved on by now but she had no grounds to sue. She would have had to claim constructive dismissal (where someone resigns as they feel the environment is hostile/they are bullied to the point that they feel they have no choice to resign). Rejection of a flexible working application would not fall under this - even if her circumstances had changed, she was being asked to work the terms she agreed to when signing her contract. If they had changed her to working all nights for example, but her contract stated a mix of days and nights, she could have had a case. Throwing a tantrum because they would not amend the terms you agreed to is not a case. We had someone try and do something very similar at my old job 🔺

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I truly believe that there was nothing to tell them. None of it adds up, it’s all bullshit. Plus, they were helping! They were helping with childcare, his dad was having him too. All she could have ever told them was that she’s a lazy cow who spunks all her money on tit. Hence the not telling. It’s all a pack of lies.
She addresses this in the podcast and says that it was because of her growing up with foster children arriving in the middle of the night and knowing that social services can swoop and take your child away.
Again, it is all an increasingly elaborate patchwork of lies.
I can tell at a glance if one of my girls is ill, I can see if they have lost weight or are unhappy. I have to rely on the telephone for now but usually know within a few words if there's something wrong. Either Jack's parents are very unobservant, they are stupid or...
she's lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.