Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ha “quietly furious” 😂😂😂
Her pharynx was closing! I wouldn’t expect much sound at all in this instance apart from rasping breath sounds. Sorry if my medical hot take is now lukewarm, or worse still at the temperature of that tea in the slow cooker.

<Kermit x Lipton gif>

As you were, meine Damen und Herren

• Haha
Reactions: 42
How dare people comment on her story, without knowing her or asking her about it.. LOL. You've sold your story and all its versions for years luv. No one asked.
Also it's like, which version are we/aren't we allowed to comment on? The previous one which you've basically hinted was a fabrication? Or this new story that you've only just decided you can tell?

This is pathetic and desperate at best.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Didn’t Essex girl say when she was on here that Jack had resigned and then tried to rescind but the Fire Dept refused? Could it be that Jack is reacting and adapting her story because of that?

• Wow
Reactions: 101
Yes, she said that she got calls from the nursery saying that no one collected him, that she was 30 miles away...
Pst - none of the above happened 🤥
It just so outrageous to say that about your family and friends!! I mean her parents were foster carers wonder did they ever forget about the kiddos in their care or was it’s just family members. Sorry to be so flippant, I’m just in awe of how one person can be so utterly unlucky(*** readers I am not in awe, in fact her never ending story of woe is beginning to grate on my tits 😂😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I feel for SB, when older he is going to have to listen to the Tales of Poverty Woe again, and again and again, and I can imagine he will join the dots and feel like it was his fault. Jack will never stop telling this tale.

Jack is like Uncle Albert "during the war poverty..."

• Haha
Reactions: 46
She never questions why these things always happen to her. So many more stories to tell (for anther day, got to keep them guessing) The one common denominator is herself. Why would they want to get rid of her if she was so good? Why would they not employ her in other daytime rolls that she was qualified for? Why did they not just redeploy her into the suitable rolls that were being advertised? Why did they refuse to rescind her letter of resignation? Why did all these things happen to her?

Because she is a nightmare to work with, obviously.

The union said she had a good case for a tribunal. On what grounds? She resigned, they accepted her resignation. No case. A case of constructive dismissal would not have had a cat in hells chance of succeeding, otherwise she would have taken the unions advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
It’s interesting how we have different definitions of wealth depending on our personal experiences. I think that mine and Jack’s are similar though, which kind of proves the point that she’s never truly known poverty and is just a middle class girl cosplaying.
Quite. Very early on in these threads we had a poster who was what I (as a self-confessed) middle-class woman would class as wealthy. She spectacularly described her family life in great detail, yet she insisted to us that she wasn’t wealthy. It’s all relative isn’t it? I’ve genuinely been shocked reading about how some other posters on this thread have grown up/lived in actual poverty, as opposed to JM’s poverty cosplaying.

Reactions: 56
but sure y only authorised people could pick him up, and the nursery would have their contact details and would call them first? Who is she throwing under the bus for failing to collect her child and not answering their phone?
Totally. And if it did happen as she describes (I know, I know), I get why that must have been - briefly - worrying. But, as apparently with everything in her life, it precipitated such an over reaction from her.

Drama, drama, drama.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
[
Okay, nerd alert but if anyone has read the Wheel of Time books you'll know there’s an order of female sorcerers called Aes Sedai . Aes Sedai have a magical oath on them which means they can’t lie, but they’re experts at manipulating the truth “An Aes Sedai never lies, but the truth she speaks, may not be the truth you think you hear.” This whole thing about “my family were not wealthy” reminded me of this for some reason.

And also you know who tend to get ejected from hospitals without follow up care? Munchies. Funny how that popped into my head too.
Did anyone finish those books? Honestly I started when I was young teenager, borrowing village bible sized tomes of a fellow nerd son of my mums friend, got to about 8 maybe and then felt like every time I started a new one I needed a catch up. I heard he died before he finished the whole thing (which is how I see GoT ending if I’m honest). I should wiki them to see what actually happens.
On topic - yes she is totally like that apart from the badass sorcery.

ETA the author died, not my book loaner

Reactions: 24
I had no idea Jack was allergic to tomatoes. Why is she rinsing off hoops then? Seems dangerous if one of the ingredients could kill you.
This is where I’ve been going wrong all along! I should’ve known all I had to do was rinse the peanuts out of peanut butter, silly me!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Another podcast! Listened to it. Made notes as I went. These are the bits I don't think have been mentioned.
Military rota for childcare - which didn't work!
CCJs still on credit report from that time - so how did she get a mortgage for that flat she lost the deposit for when moving in with Allegra? Was it not a deposit but the whole lot? I know you can get mortgages with bad credit but they tend to be more expensive and need a good income. This would also have been when the borrowing rules tightened, so the checks were more detailed. [Total OT, my mortgage interview was at that time, took 3 hours, I lost a stone in nervous sweat, and was only borrowing about 60% of what they offered!]
Applied for a fork truck driver role - which makes sense if you get confused at roundabouts.

Lots of mentions that it's cheaper for the government to look after kids at the time than repair the damage later - seems to me her new line as used on the SEB pod too.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She wasn’t a single parent though. She was a co-parent. There’s a massive difference. I have friends whose dad takes them for a few hours on a Sunday.

who would take a shift job 30 miles away without a car anyway. I could understand if they moved her. But why do it in the first place.

I found the years when children are tiny difficult and expensive but in some ways easier. They are more adaptable and happy to be in childcare for hours on end. I had more trouble with an 8 year old and zero holiday support and no wrap round with school.
luckily I had a great childminder for school but I had to quit when I couldn’t do a 7 week school holiday cover as Prince Lumpy was too busy/working abroad.

for £27k job she could have found more adaptable childcare than just nursery. In an area like Southend I imagine there are nanny shares and childminders who do overnights (mind did for a nurse). Or use his bloody dad!

honestly all the ‘I work a 20 hour day’ makes me think she has no idea about what an actual working day is and is bone idle. I can imagine her sick record in the fire service also wasn’t great.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
So she’s saying she resigned when her son was 19 months old, and had been back at work a “good few months”. In something quite recent, I swear she said she went back to work when he was six months old.

Trying something for a few months and finding it difficult, especially childcare juggling, is nauseatingly bloody normal.

Working four days a week, with tonnes of family support, should not be enough to cause a person a breakdown. There were clearly underlying contributing MH factors (if the breakdown happened). I don’t think that working four days a week, with family help, should be considered overwhelming circumstances. Especially with a good salary and low childcare costs.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
so this is like the intro to what appears to be titled "jack monroe's book of thrifty household management". a perfectly normal sounding, if full-on, routine for a single working parent which caused her to have a breakdown? which then will lead into "i was POOR" and so on until we reach table salt in a stolen milk bottle for your baths and mussels with pears for your tea

also, jack babe, no one's allowed to sit on hospital beds. not even inexplicably not-busy psychiatrists. infection control, not completed it mate 😞

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I’ve genuinely been shocked reading about how some other posters on this thread have grown up/lived in actual poverty, as opposed to JM’s poverty cosplaying.
Some of us are still in poverty. Lol.
I got a job last march, before Covid, i was chatting to my new line manager. He asked about Universal Credit and what it's really like.
I said to him...
"How many of your bills would £900 cover?"
He said, after a minute, about 3, I'd be £1500 short on everything else.

Someone earning £2k a month will seem wealthy to someone existing on £950. TBF it has gone up £80 a month since then.. as had electric bill, food bill, water bill, etc

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I am trying to get my head around the difficulty she had with childcare on her return to the fire service. The shift pattern is 2 day shifts, followed by 2 night shifts, followed by 4 days off.

Her mum was a foster carer, so was around during the daytime, therefore able to cover the two daytime shifts. I am sure that as she was willing to look after foster children, she would be willing to do the same for her grandson. The child was attending a nursery, so the care needed would only be before and after nursery.

The child's father worked daytime in a bakery, therefore able to cover the two night shifts. He is the child's father and was willing to take his share of parenting. The child was again attending nursery, so he could have dropped him off on his way to work, and pick him up on his way home.

She says that one of his other carers forgot to pick her son up from nursery, she is accusing either her parents, or the child's father. I can only assume that it was because Jack, in her chaotic way, was not clear with her timetabling. Either that or they were just a little late because of traffic. Or there is the other possibility, she is lying.

She then had 4 days off with her son, a luxury many working mums (particularly single mums) do not have. Most single mums that work a 9-5 day job drop their child off in the morning, work all day, pick their child up on their way home and then feed and put the child to bed. Weekends are then shopping/housework, with little spare time to spend with their children. Many of them would love 4 days straight where they could have time at home with their child.

She had a well paid job, great work pattern that many working mums would love, a support network that many new mums could only dream of, but she wanted more. She then, in a fit of temper, played right into the hands of the fire service by handing in her resignation. They clearly wanted her gone.

She believed the stories she had heard from her right wing parents and grandparents, that single mums on benefits have it easy. They get money and a free house and they don't have to work. It was a shock to her that these stories were not true, that life on benefits is hard. Such a shock, that she has never got over it!
At one point she says she paired up with someone who did her nights and she did their days, 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.