Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t Essex girl say when she was on here that Jack had resigned and then tried to rescind but the Fire Dept refused? Could it be that Jack is reacting and adapting her story because of that?
I suspect this is *exactly* what’s happened.
At this point, virtually everything Jack does and says is a retort to what she’s read on tattle. And she keeps re-telling her various fabrications with so much extra detail that she can’t help but trip herself up.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I suspect this is *exactly* what’s happened.
At this point, virtually everything Jack does and says is a retort to what she’s read on tattle. And she keeps re-telling her various fabrications with so much extra detail that she can’t help but trip herself up.
We're living RENT FREE in her head!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I disagree.

When you've grown up actually in poverty, where you had to drop out of the invitation to take an entrance exam for a private school because it was known that you wouldn't be able to afford the uniform, never mind any of the activities, despite the full bursary that you would have received (and seen somebody less able in your class get it despite their being 'rich' enough to own a house, have two cars and go on holiday every year), where you were persistently underweight, where you scratched your itchy ear during Physics to find there was a bleeping flea in there, where you looked forward to snow because it meant that the ice on the inside of the window blocked some of the draughts, where you can still remember every coat you ever owned and the feeling when you squelched home in shoes full of blood to be told off for ruining them/growing out of them, where your glasses broke and you spent the next 22 months without any because the NHS wouldn't pay for a second pair inside two years - and when the comments from other kids about you living in a bin were more accurate than they realised. Oh, and that you were constantly told that staying in school was not for the likes of you by your own family - duck me, was she minted.

To me, wealthy is having a coat, shoes that don't hurt you, a hat, gloves and scarf and a pair of glasses vaguely resembling your prescription. Oh, and being able to afford a single NHS prescription, rather than trying to work out which of the five things the GP says you need is the most important because you can't afford a prepayment certificate.

You might not say your family was wealthy - but I would. Because, to me, you were.
I don’t think anyone was saying they weren’t well off or trying to play the poor card when that was their upbringing. The point is Jack can get away with saying her family wasn’t wealthy because in her world she could compare herself to people who have more - like we all can unless we are Jeff Bezos. However, she is careful not to say her family was poor - so she gets away with it as it’s not an outright lie and if challenged she can say “well I mean wealthy compared to the girls who had ponies”.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
To be honest from that tale she's just tweeted she sounds like a nightmare employee and a complete liability to the service.

What psychiatrist has the time to sit on a patient's bed while they write a resignation letter and what difference does that make anyway?

I am so bloody confused because she's implying she was in hospital for psychiatric reasons caused by work? So this is before "the poverty" and her parents would have been fully aware that she was in the care of a psychiatrist and had resigned her job AND THEY STOOD BACK AND DID NOTHING?

Am I reading this right?
Yes, well spotted. So she had psychiatric issues requiring hospitalization but her family and her son's dad, who seem to have been nothing but supportive and who were in regular contact with her because of childcare arrangements, did nothing. Provided no help. And let her slip into poverty and allowed her child to go hungry.

Reactions: 55
To be honest from that tale she's just tweeted she sounds like a nightmare employee and a complete liability to the service.

What psychiatrist has the time to sit on a patient's bed while they write a resignation letter and what difference does that make anyway?

I am so bloody confused because she's implying she was in hospital for psychiatric reasons caused by work? So this is before "the poverty" and her parents would have been fully aware that she was in the care of a psychiatrist and had resigned her job AND THEY STOOD BACK AND DID NOTHING?

Am I reading this right?
Also I don't think psychiatrists literally see people in bed and it would take a while to get a referral.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Uniform, what uniform? Two weeks in advance and two on arrears? Is that how they pay in the fire service?
This is probably her waffley way of saying they get paid mid-month for the entire month. So if her salary had come through for the entire month on say the 15th but her resignation date took her to 16th and the outcome of her appeal was rejected, she'd need to pay back the days not worked for 16th-31st. It's easier and cheaper for a company to do that than to put her leave date in payroll and re-run the payroll to pay her for the rest of the month if she were successful!

Reactions: 31
Where does she say SB was 6 months old when she left the fire service?
Telegraph article. She says he was six months old and didn’t know what was going on, and a month later she quit. Then in that shite she posted earlier, she says she quit when he was 19 months, having been back at work for a few months.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
I have worked HR but not with shift workers. However I would think saying that someone else would do all of your night shifts and you would do all their day shifts is dodgy ground to be honest.
it wouldn’t fit with their existing contracts and I think the person doing all the nigh shifts would definitely have the right to complain later down the line (even if it had been agreed).
It would also open the flood gates for any shift worker in the fire service to request only day/only nights. Would be unworkable.

If she was my daughter I would have told her she had a child to support and needed to get another job. I know she said she applied for loads of things and didn’t get anything. I live in a very depressed part of the country. I could get a full time agency job tomorrow doing admin.

Reactions: 41
Like a few of you have said, I'm questioning why all this rehashing of the origin story is happening now. I think it's a direct response to Essex girl's appearance here and also maybe an attempt to deflect attention away from the kitten/animal abuse allegations?

Reactions: 58
Telegraph article. She says he was six months old and didn’t know what was going on, and a month later she quit. Then in that shite she posted earlier, she says she quit when he was 19 months, having been back at work for a few months.
Thank you, I completely missed that blatant inconsistency. Crazy that she can say 2 completely different things within the space of a few hours, and then pat herself on the back for being able to clear it up for the 'trolls', when all it does is provoke more questions.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Beta blockers, anti depressants and sleeping tablets prescribed all in one whack by a dr? I am under a psychiatrist with #actualptsd and sleep terribly. I have never been prescribed all 3 at once, due to the high risk of suicidal ideation being a side effect. I can only talk from my experience but they tend to prescribe an antidepressant with ‘drowsy’ side effects to tackle the sleep issues. When starting a new antidepressant combined with a beta blocker I was monitored by the duty nurse via regular phonecalls. Nothing adds up. She is nothing more than a fantasist.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
She's trying herself up in her web of lies.
I know, I know, I'll tell them what flavour sandwich I was eating, that will prove it's true.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
WTF. Marcus Rashford more influential that Jack Monroe? Well. Let’s see how Jackie feels about this!
A3DC5A07-7550-4591-8D5F-0D24EA0CC2F2.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Beta blockers, anti depressants and sleeping tablets prescribed all in one whack by a dr? I am under a psychiatrist with #actualptsd and sleep terribly. I have never been prescribed all 3 at once, due to the high risk of suicidal ideation being a side effect. I can only talk from my experience but they tend to prescribe an antidepressant with ‘drowsy’ side effects to tackle the sleep issues. When starting a new antidepressant combined with a beta blocker I was monitored by the duty nurse via regular phonecalls. Nothing adds up. She is nothing more than a fantasist.
I don't take beta blockers, but do get mirtazapine and zopiclone on the same prescription. 🔺 I have diagnosed insomnia though, since I was born. I'm one of those freaks that barely ever sleeps, even with sleeping tablets in me. I take olanzapine as well as those two, and still, no sleep! lol. Literal madness!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I have been prescribed beta blockers in the first instance for anxiety @Misbehaving! With no checks on preexisting conditions. This was in 2013.
Yes thats my point sorry if i didn't make it clear yes i have heard of beta blockers being prescribed for anxiety absolutely and i'm sorry you have to take them (but i hope that they help?).
Its just i have not heard of them being prescribed by a gp for an irregular heartbeat?
If that was the case i would have been given beta blockers straight away but i wasn't because they needed to investigate first to find the root of the problem?
Its just that jack states she has heart problems and makes it seem as uf the gp gave her medicine for that?
Thats the scenario i find unlikely?
I believe she probably had anxiety fair enough get the beta blockers fine no problem but no thats not dramatic enough for our jackie (imo) no she states that she has a heart problem?
My question would be which cardiologist told her that?
You can't just throw that out there as if its the truth unless its been verified?
She weaves such a tangled web...honestly sometimes i really can't keep up with it?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.