Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a load of nonsense on the fire service story. Always slightly different. Be deleted soon.

Reactions: 73
...wouldn't it be embarrassing for the papers who initially punted her having to admit that she's a total fraud?
I think this is why it carries on unchecked. They'd all have to admit endorsing someone without doing even a cursory fact check of their story. At this point, they are equally as culpable.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
My take is still that she was a total nightmare at work and they couldn’t wait to get shot of her after she resigned. Those jobs are well paid because they are hard and demanding and not suitable for everyone.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
@TheDragonWithAFlagon i could tell such a similar story xx 😘

Her leaving/resignation tweets are utter bullshit. She’s trying to put out lots of small fires before they grow into a huge blaze. The irony.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
To be honest from that tale she's just tweeted she sounds like a nightmare employee and a complete liability to the service.

What psychiatrist has the time to sit on a patient's bed while they write a resignation letter and what difference does that make anyway?

I am so bloody confused because she's implying she was in hospital for psychiatric reasons caused by work? So this is before "the poverty" and her parents would have been fully aware that she was in the care of a psychiatrist and had resigned her job AND THEY STOOD BACK AND DID NOTHING?

Am I reading this right?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
So, as we all guessed.
She was a nightmare. Stamped her foot about not getting her way and resigned.
Because she is a complete brat she expected them to beg her not to quit.
They didn't.
Union accompanied her to appeal hearing.
She lost appeal hearing.
They were very much following the rules.
Even though her Daddy was the Chief, she still couldn't stay.
And yet still all of this is not her fault?
Also, genuine question, do civilian staff wear uniform? I only ask as I have a friend who is a call handler/dispatch officer for the Police and he laughed when I asked if he wore a uniform. He normally wears jeans.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
She resigned.
She changed her mind.
The employer did not change their mind.

That's the story in 3 lines, isn't it? Resignation ends contract of employment, no onus on employer to reinstate. Harsh, but true.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
I am trying to get my head around the difficulty she had with childcare on her return to the fire service. The shift pattern is 2 day shifts, followed by 2 night shifts, followed by 4 days off.

Her mum was a foster carer, so was around during the daytime, therefore able to cover the two daytime shifts. I am sure that as she was willing to look after foster children, she would be willing to do the same for her grandson. The child was attending a nursery, so the care needed would only be before and after nursery.

The child's father worked daytime in a bakery, therefore able to cover the two night shifts. He is the child's father and was willing to take his share of parenting. The child was again attending nursery, so he could have dropped him off on his way to work, and pick him up on his way home.

She says that one of his other carers forgot to pick her son up from nursery, she is accusing either her parents, or the child's father. I can only assume that it was because Jack, in her chaotic way, was not clear with her timetabling. Either that or they were just a little late because of traffic. Or there is the other possibility, she is lying.

She then had 4 days off with her son, a luxury many working mums (particularly single mums) do not have. Most single mums that work a 9-5 day job drop their child off in the morning, work all day, pick their child up on their way home and then feed and put the child to bed. Weekends are then shopping/housework, with little spare time to spend with their children. Many of them would love 4 days straight where they could have time at home with their child.

She had a well paid job, great work pattern that many working mums would love, a support network that many new mums could only dream of, but she wanted more. She then, in a fit of temper, played right into the hands of the fire service by handing in her resignation. They clearly wanted her gone.

She believed the stories she had heard from her right wing parents and grandparents, that single mums on benefits have it easy. They get money and a free house and they don't have to work. It was a shock to her that these stories were not true, that life on benefits is hard. Such a shock, that she has never got over it!

• Heart
Reactions: 85
"Needless to say, I had the last laugh"

End of the day, you have to be a ginormous phallus for any company - let alone a public sector job - to refuse a resignation rescindment. Hiring and training new staff is a big cost and an ache in the balls.

If Jack the compulsive spender could have had a payout from it at the time, she would have. They were delighted to get rid of the nightmare who had been protected by Daddy MBE's standing in the service. I think she's treading litigious ice here by publicly badmouthing her former colleagues, especially at a time when emergency services are under such strain. Tory vibes are strong with this one.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Once again the timeline makes no sense.

She immediately rescinded her resignation supported by an occupational health assessment.

When was that done? She was in A&E in the care of a psychiatrist resigning her job then immediately rescinding it as well as being assessed by occupational health as fit to work in a job that had just driven her to a breakdown?

Make it make sense.

I'm begging here.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Considering her Dad was clearly high up and well thought of in the Fire Service she must have been a bleeping nightmare for them to get rid of her. Let’s face it Jack that’s exactly what they did. You resigned and they jumped on it as it was a lot less hassle than trying to go through the disciplinary/dismissal procedure.

At some point in the midst of all of this chaos you have to stop and realise that you, your actions and the choices that you make are the common denominator here.

Also get the duck off Twitter, show some respect to the people who are waiting for the now very extended book and do some bleeping proper work as tweeting bullshit for validation is not what they are paying you for!

• Heart
Reactions: 57
She resigned.
She changed her mind.
The employer did not change their mind.

That's the story in 3 lines, isn't it? Resignation ends contract of employment, no onus on employer to reinstate. Harsh, but true.
With added 'it was everyone's fault but mine' for good measure 😂 Alright love sure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Reactions: 75
Her many and varied hospitalisations interest me.
I wonder how many of these occurred right after a relationship ended.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.