Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The kitten was Called pretzel which is offensive given its deformed paws
Then it was Sophie Ellis Pretzel handy as it combines Brexit tin hamburglar LC’s fave pet from childhood who was called Sophie and gave Mackie the opportunity to message SEB to tell her.
It’s layers of sick.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 69
Could this be the origins of her hatred of butter? She once turned down a collab with an 'upmarket butter brand' which could have launched her into the big time (or a lifetime of Princess Di jumpers) and now, filled with regret, she punishes herself by only using lard?
She has PTSD at the mere mention of butter 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Then it was Sophie Ellis Pretzel handy as it combines Brexit tin hamburglar LC’s fave pet from childhood who was called Sophie and gave Mackie the opportunity to message SEB to tell her.
It’s layers of sick.
Yes she thought it was brilliant. I remember a squiggle suggested 'mini' (to go with Cooper) which would have been nicer if nothing else.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
@heretoreaditall2019 Sorry, did my crap data protection make your eye twitch?! 🤣 I’ll stop trying to make people purchase a password book, I promise. I sound like Jackie but I’m not sure I would remember a password for an app. However, unlike her, I will take advice from a someone more knowledgeable than me and get an app. I could shred the book and put it in a pesto bag salad, add a bit of crunch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
It’s been said before Jack chose not to claim benefits, telling SB that “mummy works” it’s also been hinted at in some retells of The Poverty. Somewhere on the threads someone popped up and said they were on a FB group at the time for parents or something, and it was announced by Jack that they wouldn’t claim benefits and the FB group were imploring Jack to do it and think of SB and his needs 🤷🏼‍♀️
That was me. I've just been searching through to try to find when I first came across her, without success.I was signposted to Jack's Facebook page by someone I knew. People were telling her not to try to be self employed as it would just complicate matters where claiming was concerned. Nothing added up even then. Who would allow their child to go hungry and be cold when they didnt have to? Once she became 'known', that Facebook account was deleted.

Edit... grammar!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Also noted in the link I just posted is that she was referred to the foodbank "6 months ago" - that would be December 2012. At the same time she shot to fame. And she's trying to tell us that her parents didn't already know?

She already had a weekly newspaper column then and her photography and crafting business. It was February 2013 that she got her big proper journalist job. She can't have been using the foodbank for very long.

She also says this, which I sincerely hope is a whopping great lie:

“I was attending a group for the single mums on a Wednesday, and only went for the free lunch. One of the ladies noticed that me and my son always had seconds and thirds. She asked me if I was ok but I lied and told her I was fine. Because that’s the trouble, when you have got your collar bone jutting out of the two jumpers you wear to keep yourself warm, your cheekbones poking out and your son’s an absolute state: you tell everyone you’re fine, because you don’t want him taken into care.”
Knowing Jack, she probably means SB took 2 or 3 biscuits every time and he hated having his hair brushed so it often stuck up all over the place. IE totally normally toddler things.

Reactions: 28
Nothing adds up with Jack. Maybe she was never eligible for benefits or if she was, she mismanaged the money, either way I'm certain she was responsible for her brief poverty.
Anyway I've found an affordable forever home for Jack.
Screenshot_20210214-154550_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I'm sorry, can a Frau with ADHD please explain why you are more likely to break bank cards than the average person? Does ADHD cause extra strong butt muscles?
I think the cabal must all have very firm butts from all the Jack induced arse clenching. Best watch where we're storing our cards or the banks may be overwhelmed with reorders!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
It’s layers of sick.
oh god, I forgot about Louisa's dog. so many horrific layers to the whole sad episode

• Sad
I've been deliberately avoiding reading the details of the kitten episode since I got here but I stupidly went for it earlier. Sometimes I ask myself if I've got swept up in a wave of unfounded anti-Jack sentiments by contributing here and then I read something like that which convinces me that she is truly beyond saving.

The worst part is that she was fully in control of her mental faculties at the time (or such limited faculties as she is blessed with). She acted intentionally in everything she did and is now going to great lengths to re-write history so that she never has to take responsibility for her actions. If she came out and said that she was severely mentally unwell at the time and was sincere and apologetic, that would be different. I've done some pretty reprehensible things in my worst episodes and you can't change what you've done but you can try and make amends, take your bleeping medication and do everything you can to get into a better place.

Unfortunately she has no capability for self-reflection or sincerity and is unable to ever accept that she is wrong so in closing, Your Honour, I feel no guilt over conferring with a coven about such a morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
Naming the kitten Pretzel was a huge red flag, all about the content. She was hashtagging it ffs. Hashtag founder Monroe. Was the kitten talked about in the SEB podcast?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I can’t help but wonder what the criteria is for getting onto SuperVet - do you need to have 3 other vets tell you to PTS before they’ll look at your application? So weird how a so called animal lover would ignore the advice of not one, not two but THREE different vets and still believe that she’s so maverick enough that a TV vet could work some magic that other vets could not.
Catching up so sorry if this has already been said - I’ve been (with my nan lol) to Fitzpatrick referrals with her dog who had a really nasty leg injury. She rushed to the vets, who stabilised the dog, gave her pain relief, and referred to Fitzpatricks there and then because they knew that was the best option. Much like with human care, I think most cases will be referred by the normal vets.

Also, I know a couple of vets personally and I’m a lifelong animal owner. Every single vet, even the ones who are COMPLETE arseholes to other humans, will go above and beyond for the animals but they won’t EVER let them suffer. If a vet (let alone three) has ever recommended PTS, 99.9% of the time it’s the best option.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
The absolute arrogance in believing you know better than THREE vets. There’s barely a profession it’s harder to enter, it’s so competitive and highly pressured. But of course, Jack knows best.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
She has PTSD at the mere mention of butter 😏
Off topic but how is this ok? I have not bought any overdraft butter this month and I’m not yet overdrawn but I paid £4 for a NEW lightbulb and it just blew.
It’s just one thing after another and I’m tired, so tired, please leave me alone, I’ve had death threats and abuse etc. Rattle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
The absolute arrogance in believing you know better than THREE vets. There’s barely a profession it’s harder to enter, it’s so competitive and highly pressured. But of course, Jack knows best.
Vet Jack, completed it mate

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Thread title right there: Jack Monroe 151: a morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
The kitten was supposed to be a whole 'in the end, I didn't save this animal that others had given up on, she saved ME' story. That's why she didn't listen to the vets

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
Off topic but how is this ok? I have not bought any overdraft butter this month and I’m not yet overdrawn but I paid £4 for a NEW lightbulb and it just blew.
It’s just one thing after another and I’m tired, so tired, please leave me alone, I’ve had death threats and abuse etc. Rattle.
I hope you get some vouchers in response to your letter of complaint. That’s totally shoddy. And £4?! Daylight robbery. If you’ve not turned all of your bars of soap into #JackShacks bubble bath, I hear you can make them into candles (if you’re really desperate)

• Haha
More importantly, why does Jack bang on about something that happened nearly a decade ago as the rest for her entire job's existence?

Your experience, however brief, was barely relevant then, let alone now.

Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.