Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She apparently worked for the fire service for 3 years. When did she work at a coffee shop and meet her boys dad then? I thought she was working in the coffee shop when she became pregnant with her boy? I could be wrong. She’s told so many stories, it’s hard to keep up.

Also, is there a timeline of her partners? Surely none of them would let her live in abject poverty? When was the police woman? When was Allegra?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 32
She apparently worked for the fire service for 3 years. When did she work at a coffee shop and meet her boys dad then? I thought she was working in the coffee shop when she became pregnant with her boy? I could be wrong. She’s told so many stories, it’s hard to keep up.

Also, is there a timeline of her partners? Surely none of them would let her live in abject poverty? When was the police woman? When was Allegra?
From the podcast today: her shift pattern was 4 on, 4 off so she did cafe and bar work. Her boss told her 2 of those 4 days were for sleeping but she worked anyway.
Which ties in with meeting the dad in a cafe. But raises more questions. If you worked that many hours, what were you spending money on? I save the most when work goes nuts as I don't have time to buy anything bar food or do anything. Unless she was already in "inflated lifestyle" mode and working to service debts.

Edited for carrots and a missing word

• Wow
Reactions: 49
she tells so many lies and everything's so inconsistent that at this point I'm thinking that she just set her sights on a media career and this was her only way in, given no discernible talent or work ethic

didn't she try working on the southend echo? and wasn't there the attempt at photography?

they failed, so she probs just thought, ooh, I'll try a blog, now what shall I blog about? I know, I'll pretend to be poor!

bit how like hinch tried other accounts before making it with the cleaning

it's a theory, anyway 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Joining in with the grapefruit truthing, but didn’t she put grapefruit in that Christmas prawn cocktail abomination for The Express?

She did indeed, and it was even mentioned earlier on in this thread, prawn cocktail with tinned grapefruit. And she allegedly made a few to test didn't she which she then ate, unless it was a lie of course and she didn't eat any?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
From the podcast today: her shift pattern was 4 on, 4 off so she did cafe and bar work. Her boss told her 2 of those 4 days were for sleeping but she worked anyway.
Which ties in with meeting the dad in a cafe. But raises more questions. If you worked that many hours, what were you spending money on? I save the most when work goes nuts as I don't have time to buy anything bar food or do anything. Unless she was already in "inflated lifestyle" mode and working to service debts.

Edited for carrots and a missing word
Suppose she did all those jobs to buy the Denby etc. Which she then had to sell. 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 28
That took a while but finally caught up!

I wasn't around for kitten gate so thank you @colouredlines for laying it all out so clearly and concisely.

As someone whose family did have to put down a beloved pet last year, as soon as the vet said it would be best to euthanise her, we did. My Mum was in bits about having to do it and she sobbed down the phone to me saying she didn't want to do it but she 'couldn't bear to see our little Daisy suffer'. And so, as we loved her, she was put down.

I couldn't imagine dragging a kitten to two other vets after the first said to euthanise. And then after the other two agreed to still insist you wouldn't. That is not only cruel, it's also totally mad to think that your wing and a prayer trumps vets with many years of experience.

I'm not bothered about triangulating myself at this stage tbh but I know a lot of the Super vet team and random tweets from blue tickers are not how you appear on the show.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
Tried to read the House magazine piece, couldn't stomach it. Found a new squiggle comment though.

Screenshot 2021-02-15 at 20.59.11.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
OT but my nephews are at the potions stage. All "fancy" products now have to be kept under lock and key after an unfortunate incident with a rather expensive bottle of skincare stuff.
It's heartwarming to know you all get it 🤗

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Another bit for the timeline. In this Guardian article from December 2013, responding to criticism that she was a sellout for her Sainsbury's adverts, Jack says this:

"As for the accusations that everybody has a price? Mine is £1,653 for six weeks' work. My actual fee is higher, identical to what the other three bloggers in the campaign are being paid, but I am keeping £1,653 to myself – the equivalent of the living wage for the six weeks that the campaign will run for. The rest is going into the tax pot; to a food project in Africa that I am visiting with Oxfam in January; and to my local food bank and homeless shelter. My friends think I'm bonkers. They tell me I've earned it, to keep it, to squirrel it away – but if I was in it for the money I'd have leapt at the first advertising deal offered to me almost a year ago for an upmarket butter brand, and all the 50 or so since then. I didn't. Am I guilty of selling out? Hardly."

Almost a year ago - that would be about January 2013. When according to other quotes, at this date she was destitute, starving, unemployed and reliant upon foodbanks. Did she really turn down a big advertising deal in the throes of poverty? Followed by 50 more work opportunities? Or is absolutely all of it bullshit?

She's so desperate to fight any criticism that she will mindlessly oppose it head on, even if doing so contradicts previous defenses or exposes previous lies. In this case her desperation to not be seen as a money-hungry sell-out means that she is contradicting her tale of jobless poverty woe.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Shes a bleeping disgrace. I dont believe the weight loss/SB being a state. Theres enough people around that would have clocked that. To lie about this tit. Scumbag.
Yes here is jack the poverty fantasist/fetishist yet again putting a dickensian spin on everything to suit her own ends?
Its ridiculous but at the same time i might believe the free lunch bit :unsure: because she would never pass that up would she?
As for the wearing of two jumpers and her being all skin and bone i think thats just part of her mindset?
Its either feast or famine with nothing in between?
Maybe she was slightly slimmer than usual maybe she had to actually budget for herself (probably for a change?)
Her idea of deprivation is and i'm putting it politely vastly different i think than other people's?
Lets face it in jacks world it probably was traumatic for her just having to mix with normal people? (one's without much status who are not much use to her except as a backdrop to the main event that is jacks story)
So again here lurks this idea of (imaginary) persecution?
All a poor woman has actually done is ask jack if she is ok?
Yet that sets of the jack monroe inner dialogue oh dear...she frets...it couldn't be that the woman was being nice?
No she must be judging jack (like jack judges everyone else harshly and with a view to correct a wrong that does not exist?)
So the spectre of social services rears its ugly head the imaginary child snatcher come to whisk away dirty urchin jack and the little lad in tow?
When all he ever wanted was please can i have some (more) food?
This is just twisted but it shows how she views society and that is where her loyalties are?
Her problems are not just hers they are society's problems (other people's) so someone else can pick up the tab/deal with the mess/find the solution and she can contribute by telling us her tale of woe because its very very important (to her) and more relevant or interesting than anyone elses story and must be heard at all costs?
Eye roll... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
She’ll be making her own scents soon, aka swishing rose petals around in a bowl of water à la 1993.
A woman walks along a rainy, Southend street in a 50p designer jacket, looking moody and pushing the pixie cut from out of her eyes.

Suddenly, one of the puddles starts to glow, she's drawn to it, as she kneels down and gazes into the puddle, a perfume bottle appears...

[Voiceover] Slop-ay: the new eau de parfum by Jack Monroe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Wanting to appear on Supervet is pure speculation, she asked for a “referral to Fitzpatrick” the third time a vet advised euthanising the kitten

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Not only did she use grapefruit in her Christmas abomination, she cooked it in ‘any hard fat’.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Sickening. She was even using a powerful Dyson hairdryer on the kitten when it was alive and trying to get her ex's attention 3 days before the seizure.

View attachment 437651
I don't believe a kitten would be unbothered by a hairdryer, mine freaks as soon as she hears a noise like that and that is without the air hitting her. I'm guessing the hairdryer wasn't on at that point.

My darling boy had trouble grooming himself near the end of his life so we washed him with a dampened cloth.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Am I just an old fashioned frau? I have a password BOOK! My mum bought it for me one Xmas and it’s one of the most useful presents I’ve ever had. I’m always telling people to get one. It’s like a little phone book with alphabetical pages; find your username AND password in one go! Just gotta hope no one steals it or I’ll be hhhhhhhgggghhhhhhhucked.
Omg my love please burn this book ASAP you can’t even chuck it in the bin! This is an absolute disaster waiting to happen! This may be worse than the slop dear heart, please at least put two factor authentication on everything (this should be default for your banks) so they need your phone and that book? That book should be a crime xx

ETA something productive - look at Apple keychain, google chrome password manager, or Last pass! xx

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I've just searched high and low for Hunger Hurts. It's no longer on her website. All outside sources linking to it show a broken link.

When did that happen?
Possibly when people here were questioning whether or not the foodbank ad given her baby milk that she was forced to drink since it is against both the UN and Trussel Trust guidelines to give it out and whether a 2 1/2 to 3 year old would be drinking formula anyway.

Another poster who knows about foodbanks said they do occasionally give it out though.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.