Jack Monroe #150 Haven’t you got peas to discuss?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to watch the video and give my verdict but am glad to see Jack read and responded. Not pleased about the ink based letters though.

Reactions: 32
Ok first, Dash is a beautiful boy and I wish he was mine. He looks a touch on the thin side though and this might be due to poor diet and lack of muscle tone because he can't roam, binky, run, jump or zoom. He is exhibiting nice natural pushing and burrowing behaviour. The deep pile shredded paper will be fun but I would not want him ingesting any of it. It's dark in there as we suspected and unfortunately I do think he does not has enough space. It looks like a typical pets at home hutch run combo which are never big enough. The RWAF reccomend a shed space of at least 6/4 foot but bigger, much bigger if you can give it. It would be good to know what flooring Dash has. Carpet and soft stuff like fleece can cause sore hocks/hock burn. Concrete is actually good for keeping the claws worn. Jack should be doing much better for Dash. He will be lonely too and possibly cold. It depends on how much bedding has there is. A partner would provide body heat and I doubt Jack has invested in a Snugglesafe for him.

I knew a lady who kept her bonded pair in the garage. She rented but had permission. Her garage had a window and she put puppy panels against the walls so the rabbits could not damage the walls but they had the full garage. It was filled with little dens, tunnels and hay boxes. It was very spacious, at least 8 metres by 4 and there was daytime access to a predator proof patio that had a playhouse for them. So if done properly, it can be a really good set up provided light, space and outdoor access are good enough.

@People-huv-tae-know can you comment on the squiggle recommendation that fenugreek leaves are catnip for bun buns please?
Fenugreek is safe for rabbits, they can have the stems, leaves and flowers which are full of vitamins and minerals. Fenugreek Crunchies are a popular bunny treat which I would describe as fenugreek biscuits, green and the size of a 50p coin. The rabbits past and present go nuts for them but I would not liken them to catnip (which seems to have a narcotic effect on cats). However rabbits are very food oriented and will become very enthusiastic and motivated by other treats too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
She’s replying to comments on Linda McCartney again 🤦🏼‍♀️
At the bottom of the article just after the tags
Once again, bullshit.
She didn't have to tell her parents about her imagined poverty.
All she had to do was say 'Mum, I'm a bit tight this month, can you float me £20 until my benefits come in?'
Or, 'Mum, I've overspent, could you do me a quick shop for bits for SB's tea this week?'
Grown up children do this all the time, believe me mine do. It's normal.
Far more likely that it never happened and Mummy and Daddy H were sick of the lies.
Exactly! I'm sure most of us have gone through a hard time or three. I've had help from family, friends and neighbours many times. I'm not a mother but I've always had pets and I was certainly never too ashamed to ask the people around me for help with buying pet food.

Even without you saying anything, those around you know when you are struggling. I used to live near a lovely girl ( and her puppy) who was unfortunately addicted to heroin and I'd often pop a few cans of dog food on her doorstep on my way to work. Because that's what humans do, I refuse to buy into that crap that not one single person around her noticed her 'struggles'.

re: the kitten, I had to skip a lot of that. Big love to @colouredlines for putting all that together. She seriously needs to be held accountable for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Speaking from experience a long time ago I was literally starving. A long story but I ended up in hospital with malnutrition. No one noticed. No one. I was an abused wife married to a psychopath who thought it was an interesting experiment to see how much abuse a human being can take before they suicide. If I told he would kill my dog and then me. Truly he would.
So yes, it happens.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 90
The Viggles are still irate. I repeated the last comments on the previous screenshot as the first here so you can see where they are; one is also replying to Pink Viggle from the last lot.

20210216_025211.jpg
20210216_025320.jpg
20210216_025527.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
That PR account isn’t a viggle it’s a new IG acct with no followers or posts which writes a lot like they’ve been here a long time.

Kinell autocarrot

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
The wording looks like a Tattler. They've used some of the words I've used in my posts.
Me too. Likely a long time lurker. I know that I don’t post anywhere else and Fraus know the rules so I reckon it’s someone at the end of their tether. Let’s face it she could try the patience of a Saint.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Yes here is jack the poverty fantasist/fetishist yet again putting a dickensian spin on everything to suit her own ends?
Its ridiculous but at the same time i might believe the free lunch bit :unsure: because she would never pass that up would she?
As for the wearing of two jumpers and her being all skin and bone i think thats just part of her mindset?
Its either feast or famine with nothing in between?
Maybe she was slightly slimmer than usual maybe she had to actually budget for herself (probably for a change?)
Her idea of deprivation is and i'm putting it politely vastly different i think than other people's?
Lets face it in jacks world it probably was traumatic for her just having to mix with normal people? (one's without much status who are not much use to her except as a backdrop to the main event that is jacks story)
So again here lurks this idea of (imaginary) persecution?
All a poor woman has actually done is ask jack if she is ok?
Yet that sets of the jack monroe inner dialogue oh dear...she frets...it couldn't be that the woman was being nice?
No she must be judging jack (like jack judges everyone else harshly and with a view to correct a wrong that does not exist?)
So the spectre of social services rears its ugly head the imaginary child snatcher come to whisk away dirty urchin jack and the little lad in tow?
When all he ever wanted was please can i have some (more) food?
This is just twisted but it shows how she views society and that is where her loyalties are?
Her problems are not just hers they are society's problems (other people's) so someone else can pick up the tab/deal with the mess/find the solution and she can contribute by telling us her tale of woe because its very very important (to her) and more relevant or interesting than anyone elses story and must be heard at all costs?
Eye roll... :rolleyes:
Agree with all of this. The bits in bold are exemplified by her horror - documented on Mumsnet - at having to interact with a very young working class mum at the pub, who did not behave as genteel as Jack would have liked. Jack felt threatened by her, accused her (on Mumsnet, not to her face) of pinching her wallet with no evidence, and wanted to report her to social services for allegedly "barking" at her kids and "snatching" their toys.

Me too. Likely a long time lurker. I know that I don’t post anywhere else and Fraus know the rules so I reckon it’s someone at the end of their tether. Let’s face it she could try the patience of a Saint.
I fully understand the new Tattler viggle's (Tiggle's?!) need for justice, so I'm not going to get angry with them. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place because she needs to be exposed as a fraud, and we're pretty much the only ones who know it. Yet we can't be the ones to do it.

It feels odd but validating to see my words written by someone else. I'm oddly chuffed 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Morning. Working all the bar/ cafe jobs whilst also working 4 days in the fire station will duck with your tax.

Who swaps squash bottles during a pandemic? So pleased my kids haven’t been home to see their granny since summer 2019 but she can tit about with other peoples’ recycling.

I am SHOCKED that the SEB podcast and grandad Labour forum analysts reveal further timeline inconsistencies.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
The PR account isn't in the latest screenshots. The orange viggle doesn't have any posts or followers but does follow one artist; they seem to be commenting rather than stirring and posting links so I'm wondering whether they are an alternative account for someone with a more identifiable or professional account, though not Jack as she most definitely isn't professional, in addition to having problems with written English! 😁

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Making shower gel from coal tar soap?? WTF is the point of that? Why not just use the soap. Why is she flailing around making all this useless stuff that no one wants or needs?
Why not use cheap readily available vegan shower gel rather than soap made of sheep fat, especially if you’ve spent the last week proudly shouting about how vegan you are?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Those soups....why can't she just make and test on recipe with affordable ingredients and use them appropriately (so not boiling fresh corriander to pulp or boil miso paste untill the taste is gone?)

Regardless of all the lies and other weird content, she's not doing the basic things people want from food writers: providing followers with well researched recipes that look attractive and will work when you try it. Her only claim to fame is being that bootstrap cook, so without the performative poverty she's got nothing.

(PS I'm all for making a soup with things I find in the fridge and cupboards, I've completed that mate. But I don't find it attractive when a food writer - bestseller writer ccording to herself- puts out that content. That's not a recipe)

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I don't like coriander and I wouldn't put the fresh stuff in anything. It tastes like soap. Maybe it'll mask all the other horrendous flavours together?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I think she will have to stop telling the story eventually because every time there are more receipts and inconsistencies. It wouldn’t be difficult either, she could just claim that reliving The Poverty causes her The Trauma and everyone must take her word for it or they’re being a meanie to the smol pixie flower for asking her to suffer.

I bet Urban Grandpa thought that in 2013 too though 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 41
All of those soups look the same despite supposedly being very different.

I think Tattle has got under my skin. I went to Asda last night and bought some yellow sticker quorn cocktail sausages and was surprised at how nice they are. It's the first meat substitute I have tried that actually would have fooled me.

Not only that but the Smart Price tinned tomatoes now have a ring pull, it's new because the ones I bought last week needed a tin opener. If I save my ringpulls from my single can of tomatoes a week I will have 52 at the end of the year to do something really useful with.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.