Jack Monroe #145 Mamapapa, why is all the food brown?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NI veg soup (soup barley, soup celery and the rest) is such basic cooking. Pretty sure I learnt the recipe off my mum at a young age 🔺 as I’ve been bunging it all together for years. Even go so far as to use the left over chicken bones from a Sunday roast to make my own stock. The potato lump is definitely an NI thing. But HOW can she not know how to use soup mix? It’s like.... on the packet?! Did her NORTHERN IRISH BAPTIST IMMIGRANT MOTHER TEACH HER NOTHING??
Am I the only northern Irish person who is underwhelmed by veg soup. It's ok but I don't choose to have it. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Thanks for that.
A deadline is a deadline - the use of the word ’marginally’ is typical of Jack minimising her unprofessionalism. The deadline had already been extended by a few months, and she has still failed to deliver on time.
What she fails to realise or acknowledge is other people in the timeline to publish date, will have schedules organised to complete the next stages.
If you miss a university deadline for an essay/ project, it's usually an automatic fail unless there were mitigating circumstances ....something Jack would never understand ( don't think an ouchy ear would cut it somehow)

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Thanks for that.
A deadline is a deadline - the use of the word ’marginally’ is typical of Jack minimising her unprofessionalism. The deadline had already been extended by a few months, and she has still failed to deliver on time.
Time is an illusion. Deadlines doubly so.

1612435300561.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

So, I'm guessing she'll be all over this story won't she? Given it's all down to her hard work, dedication and applying all that strobing bollocks and wet ham concealer to her face or whatever it was she did...BBC mention MR and RM, but not her...

Absolutely shocking! Are they not aware of her work?!

Shes going to go on some big rant isn't she? About how badly done to she is, how no one one appreciates her work and most of all how she RENTS a crappy bungalow!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
It’s like constantly pointing out to your kids that your body’s changed irreparably because of them - look at my pouch, ‘my body is ruined because of you’ bullshit (the physical investment). It’s like shaddap.
Ive just realised that my mum has always done this to me ! I’m youngest of 3 born 10 years after the 2nd and I was always told by my mum that she used to be a size 8 til she had me ! I made her really ill and her back bad etc 😂 I adore my mum 🥰 but it’s not a helpful thing to say ( along with that I was a mistake and an accident !) 🙈😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
You know she's going to be the mother-in-law from hell one day. I am highly trained in these matters and can spot them a mile off.
God can you imagine?! 😬 The attention seeking behaviours when she feels too much attention is being bestowed on the partner and not her. 😬

Reactions: 24
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
The thing is. Did she ever hand in her political book, if not and she is using the same publisher that would be by my count two books she's hasn't been delivering on. That's not a good thing.

Sometimes I think she really is on a self sabotage.

Reactions: 32

So, I'm guessing she'll be all over this story won't she? Given it's all down to her hard work, dedication and applying all that strobing bollocks and wet ham concealer to her face or whatever it was she did...BBC mention MR and RM, but not her...

To be fair, the article does mention Jack, it is in the form of a quote describing the food parcels as a "poverty picnic". She loves a good slogan does our Jack. She does it in the hope that one day one of her slogans will go viral. They never do.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It's a boring day in Jackworld now that she's got to get off twitter and do some actual work.

Reactions: 20
Ive just realised that my mum has always done this to me ! I’m youngest of 3 born 10 years after the 2nd and I was always told by my mum that she used to be a size 8 til she had me ! I made her really ill and her back bad etc 😂 I adore my mum 🥰 but it’s not a helpful thing to say ( along with that I was a mistake and an accident !) 🙈😂
I think mothers are sometimes unaware of the way what they are saying will be perceived by the child hearing it. My mum was lovely, but told my much younger bother that he was a mistake, and that she was horrified when she found out she was pregnant. He remembers that to this day, even though he was clearly the favourite, and was the blue eyed boy for both my mum and dad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
It's a boring day in Jackworld now that she's got to get off twitter and do some actual work.
Dear Heart is definitely in the green part. This is where I definitely relate to Jack, although I do always manage to get the work done and to a good standard 😂
creative-proccess.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Sorry to post something so distressing. A mother and child. And judging by the roundness of the mother it looks like she was pregnant. I threw myself on the floor, howling and wailing.
Not sure how that other video is attached, thank God it wasn't anything rude or with my face on as I can't seem to edit it now :ROFLMAO: Csn you help mods?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
To be fair, the article does mention Jack, it is in the form of a quote describing the food parcels as a "poverty picnic". She loves a good slogan does our Jack. She does it in the hope that one day one of her slogans will go viral. They never do.
My bad there! Apologies - in my defence, I was EXTREMELY AND SEVERELY BUSY when I posted it **

Either way, I'm sure she'll be posting a link out to it on Twitter in 3...2...1...

*quickly skim reading it for mentions of smol pixies and failing to spot them

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Dear Heart is definitely in the green part. This is where I definitely relate to Jack, although I do always manage to get the work done and to a good standard 😂View attachment 418322
Every single essay I have ever written!

I think mothers are sometimes unaware of the way what they are saying will be perceived by the child hearing it. My mum was lovely, but told my much younger bother that he was a mistake, and that she was horrified when she found out she was pregnant. He remembers that to this day, even though he was clearly the favourite, and was the blue eyed boy for both my mum and dad.
I was a premature conception and my parents were 'forced' to Marry at 17 and 21.
*Narrators Voice*
They should NEVER have married.
I was blamed for anything and everything my incubator didn't like in her life.
It stays with you and fucks you up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
Can you imagine her trying to upstage the bride on her big day 🙄
and if not upstaging there will be a drama so that the focus is on her...a night in A&E (that never happened).

I can safely say that I dislike every post about SB. She should keep him out. She thinks she is clever writing what overall sounds like a positive message but then she inevitably gives all her resentments away.
I don't think she has a concept of giving or loving that does not ask for some kind of return for her in whatever form, be it financial or a display of an artificially constructed image.

'Investment' is a cruel word and concept to have when talking about human relationships of any kind. (Also with animals)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Am I the only northern Irish person who is underwhelmed by veg soup. It's ok but I don't choose to have it. 🤣
Babe, same x

Although it might just be my mum wasn't great at making it so I would never pick it on a menu or make it (although I did like the barley in it).

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.