Jack Monroe #145 Mamapapa, why is all the food brown?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Afternoon siesta naps". I hope you're not helping your hijo son with his language deberes homework Jack, because you don't seem to grasp how the whole thing works.

She's been out to the garage this week - that pineapple curry(?) is full of rabbit turds.
what do you think she thinks siesta means? A bit Spanish-y?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
NI veg soup (soup barley, soup celery and the rest) is such basic cooking. Pretty sure I learnt the recipe off my mum at a young age 🔺 as I’ve been bunging it all together for years. Even go so far as to use the left over chicken bones from a Sunday roast to make my own stock. The potato lump is definitely an NI thing. But HOW can she not know how to use soup mix? It’s like.... on the packet?! Did her NORTHERN IRISH BAPTIST IMMIGRANT MOTHER TEACH HER NOTHING??

I don't suppose for a moment that she had the slightest interest in anything her mother was doing (cooking, cleaning, childcare, a life outside the home, having thoughts, feelings and being an individual person in her own right...). She gives off severe Daddy's Girl vibes.

Reactions: 42
Del Monte apparently nicked her peach curry recipe ages ago, and that’s part of the reason we were surprised by them partnering with her. Obvs her tweets about it have gone but there’s plenty of trails left behind.

View attachment 417917

check out the comments on here... I’m so shocked they worked with her after this 😬

So you see, this is why I don't feel bad about Linda McCartney versus the viggles. She absolutely sent this kind of stuff this way to Del Monte, and I have no doubt she was pleased when her followers took up her 'cause'. I noticed yesterday she liked these tweets (see below) and you just KNOW she's thinking about Linda whilst conveniently forgetting her own twitter rants (at train companies, banks, etc) which sicced her sycophants on the people behind the social media accounts.

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 09.37.39.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 09.37.52.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I wasn’t a huge fan of the spuds but I love it with loads of barley. We normally just had boiled potatoes in it.
I remember one of the first times we visited my partner’s parents and they had made soup for us to have for lunch. It had reduced down loads and was made with shin with loads of barley in it so really thick. I loved it. Then his parents arrived in and said I was meant to add water in to thin it out as I basically had a home made concentrated version.
I now have a big pot of beef shin broth simmering away thanks to all this NI soup chat. Might do a step by step picture guide for Jack to show her what to do with the barley mix.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
what do you think she thinks siesta means? A bit Spanish-y?
She thinks it means 'afternoon quiet time' or something. Remember last summer, when she used it wrong? She said something like her and SB were doing jigsaws and whatnot during their 'siestas'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Her bio briefly described herself as a "newly hatched TV presenter"
Newly hatched?

Covered in lasagna goo, unsure what they're doing and unable to stand on own two feet...

Sounds accurate from the clips of DKL I saw... 😜

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
I now have a big pot of beef shin broth simmering away thanks to all this NI soup chat. Might do a step by step picture guide for Jack to show her what to do with the barley mix.
That sounds amazing. I have no idea what NI soup actually is, but it sounds nice and hearty.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She thinks it means 'afternoon quiet time' or something. Remember last summer, when she used it wrong? She said something like her and SB were doing jigsaws and whatnot during their 'siestas'.
Sounds like her definitely free grammar school neglected the language department while focussing too much on ensuring every girl leaves with the ability to use Pythagoras' theorem every day for the rest of their lives

• Haha
Reactions: 39
So you see, this is why I don't feel bad about Linda McCartney versus the viggles. She absolutely sent this kind of stuff this way to Del Monte, and I have no doubt she was pleased when her followers took up her 'cause'. I noticed yesterday she liked these tweets (see below) and you just KNOW she's thinking about Linda whilst conveniently forgetting her own twitter rants (at train companies, banks, etc) which sicced her sycophants on the people behind the social media accounts.

View attachment 418199

View attachment 418198
I mean in the vast scale of underpaid workers in the UK, managerial level marketing professionals are amongst the last I would be pitying 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Sorry to post something so distressing. A mother and child. And judging by the roundness of the mother it looks like she was pregnant. I threw myself on the floor, howling and wailing.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 98
Is anyone else realllllly troubled by her talking about motherhood using terms like 'a return on my physical and emotional investment'?

I mean.......Jesus christ.
I noticed this, too. It's like @HarderFaster said, it's probably an attempt at some kind of a joke but comes across as a ghoulish way to view your own son. It makes it sound like she has a very rigid set of expectations for her child and she'll be a Diasppointed Mum™ if he fails to meet them.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
As an excuse not to explain why she uses Pythagoras theorem on a daily basis -
View attachment 418223
Thanks for that.
A deadline is a deadline - the use of the word ’marginally’ is typical of Jack minimising her unprofessionalism. The deadline had already been extended by a few months, and she has still failed to deliver on time.
What she fails to realise or acknowledge is other people in the timeline to publish date, will have schedules organised to complete the next stages.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I will never get over how embarrassing this is. And she didn't even use the Pythagoras lie defensively against a squiggle, she was defensive against her own claim of not enjoying maths! Like a dog chasing its own tail.
It's like her 25.000 daily steps around the crappy bungalow lie. So ridiculous, patently false, and just mentioned out of nowhere. Why? Why???

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I noticed this, too. It's like @HarderFaster said, it's probably an attempt at some kind of a joke but comes across as a ghoulish way to view your own son. It makes it sound like she has a very rigid set of expectations for her child and she'll be a Diasppointed Mum™ if he fails to meet them.
You know she's going to be the mother-in-law from hell one day. I am highly trained in these matters and can spot them a mile off.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.