Jack Monroe #145 Mamapapa, why is all the food brown?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
again, she’s made out like he’s there 24/7 by using her weasel words.

I think ‘marginally over deadline,’ as featured in one of her tweets from earlier, needs to be in the next thread name.
I love that the bombshell news of her missing her deadline was met by a collective shrug from the cabal and we just chatted about pythagoras instead.

(the man himself meeting his Greek cousin Jack, saying “thanks love, I’ve already eaten though, must dash!“)

8A4575F0-F946-4879-9486-169E99C6DB4C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
So pleased to see “two soups” again, one of Alan’s finest!

I was unwell again and have been asleep a lot. I had a bad dream about the Onion Police - their heads were onions. As it’s the middle of the night now and there’s nobody around I sought reassurance from Slopbot

62650323-91E5-473E-810E-2E0E6F1ED633.jpeg

Send cattos! 😱

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Many years ago, she posted a jar of what she'd labelled as "Dragon Jam'... loads of people asking for the recipe in the comments.

Untitled 2.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 04.03.44.png

*The frauen smile wryly*

Untitled 3.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Is anyone else realllllly troubled by her talking about motherhood using terms like 'a return on my physical and emotional investment'?

I mean.......Jesus christ.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 101
View attachment 417649

Why is she so obsessed with her chest? No one gives two hoots about your norks love so I don't know why you bring your "double D's" up at every opportunity.

Also DD means nothing without a band size attached. DD just means 5" difference between your underbust and full bust measurement. Which actually is probably pretty average I'd say? Probably less than average? I hate the way she makes out her tits are huge as they are DDs. A 28DD is vastly different in volume from a 38DD. Gosh this infuriates me. It's no wonder so many people are wearing ill-fitting, incorrectly sized bras with this kind of thing frequently perpetuated in the media.

Apologies fraus it appears we've found the hill upon which I'll die! 😆 I just hate bra sizing misinformation and want everyone to be adequately supported regardless of size.
I've said this before - she might as well wear a sandwich board saying 'I have breasts'. Why does she try and squeeze the size of her chest into every single argument when the principle of the point has no bearing on your bra size?

Well, if you are reading Jack - I too have breasts - bigger than your DDs and not once have I ever thought that my bra size was more important or of any consequence to the job I do in a male dominated industry. The gender pay gap is not about physical attributes but the fact that women take off time for maternity leave, are overlooked for promotion and training opportunities, have caring responsivities, move to a part time role when they have children etc. This applies to women who work Jack, and you dont. Still, it does all women a disservice to peddle the line that the pay gap is due to the fact that women have breasts.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Is anyone else realllllly troubled by her talking about motherhood using terms like 'a return on my physical and emotional investment'?

I think she’s trying to hit that “flippantly honest motherhood” style beloved by social media parenting types who sell their children for sponsorships, but she’s such a horrible narcissist that she just comes across as a self-absorbed bleep.

I mean, I think everyone who talks too much about their kids on socials is awful, tbf, but Jack can’t even get the dark/funny tone right, such is her clunky writing and dreadful personality.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

SB seems like a sweet , kind, cheerful sort who also appears to have a very nice Dad who does his fair share of good parenting .

Jack’s so busy congratulating herself she forgets about his Dad who , I’ve no doubt, is the better parent.

Reactions: 46
Here's one of those posts from the future.

View attachment 417904

I think I can see pineapple so she might be editing a Del Monte photo?
Those ball bearings making an appearance again on the far right of that picture. It doesn't look appetising at all.

I am always disappointed when I look up tattle while having my first morning coffee only to find one unread page. Do we think Jack has had her arse kicked for asking for another book deadline extension and she is keeping her head down?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I’m glad she understands return on investment though. Send your patreons their beige postcards otherwise I’ll start a Thursday ThunderClap #postcards

• Haha
  • Heart

I totally missed that first time around (I tend to not look too hard at her food pictures!) but yeah, it is a weird turn of phrase.

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Yes. Very much so.

But, hey - it’s just another wtf in The Life Of Jack ft SB as an adjunct.

Reactions: 28
Does anybody think that when she got DKL she thought that she had finally arrived, and would move to skl,and be minted working 1 day a week? The fact she was constantly hassling both mr and mrs forearms, she must have been gutted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I think she’s trying to hit that “flippantly honest motherhood” style beloved by social media parenting types who sell their children for sponsorships, but she’s such a horrible narcissist that she just comes across as a self-absorbed bleep.

I mean, I think everyone who talks too much about their kids on socials is awful, tbf, but Jack can’t even get the dark/funny tone right, such is her clunky writing and dreadful personality.
This is perfect, I agree @Emmapism something always feels off and I’m conscious of nit picking for the sake of it / commenting above my station after only been a parent for 5 mins uno?

It’s just horrible how he’s a mechanism for her to rebrand as whatever she wants to be this day - struggling single mum who has it worse than anyone else or thriving parent of a child genius who’s better than all you other women struggling to keep up with home schooling. Standard her. It’s reprehensible, also @LennyBriscoe lots of love, your comment made me teary and I really hope you and bub get the support you genuinely need. ❤❤❤❤

Also will be mixing my walks up a bit more in pursuit of an exotic bird, I’ve not even found a plastic glove ffs x

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Oh yeah I know it could be seen as nitpicky. It just made me feel weird. I think like @HarderFaster said it's just a poor joke but still. EURGH.

Reactions: 33
It’s like constantly pointing out to your kids that your body’s changed irreparably because of them - look at my pouch, ‘my body is ruined because of you’ bullshit (the physical investment). It’s like shaddap.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Her latest posts about SB give me the rage and yet again, she has muted replies as it’s like she knows she’ll get tit for it. I’m saying this as a stressed out homeschooling homeworker who has actual deadlines and workloads and can’t fanny around on Twitter all day and call it work.

If he’s so ‘advanced’ and rattling through things I can’t help but feel it’s really because he’s at his dads half the time, he’s hiding from her, or he’s so desperate for her approval that he’s putting himself under pressure.

But the worst bit is that regardless of his own achievement she’s focusing on how he’s helping her and she’s getting the chance to pass on her tools of maverick genius. He’s just a prop to her.

• Sad
Does anybody think that when she got DKL she thought that she had finally arrived, and would move to skl,and be minted working 1 day a week? The fact she was constantly hassling both mr and mrs forearms, she must have been gutted.
Her bio briefly described herself as a "newly hatched TV presenter"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.