Jack Monroe #145 Mamapapa, why is all the food brown?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think mothers are sometimes unaware of the way what they are saying will be perceived by the child hearing it. My mum was lovely, but told my much younger bother that he was a mistake, and that she was horrified when she found out she was pregnant. He remembers that to this day, even though he was clearly the favourite, and was the blue eyed boy for both my mum and dad.
I was a mistake too. Mind you, I had already worked that out by the time my dad told me; nothing like an eleven year gap to raise suspicions of accidents.

Still not as bad as the accident that a flatmate's aunt had; all other children in their teens and she had triplets...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
This is exactly what happened with her veganish book and look what happened there 😂 How can you properly test about 15 recipes on the go... it's going to duck up oven temps, you won't be properly focused.... its insulting because we all know she's already missed her deadline and she's only now testing the recipes?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I now have a big pot of beef shin broth simmering away thanks to all this NI soup chat. Might do a step by step picture guide for Jack to show her what to do with the barley mix.
she would bung it in her 3 compartment slow cooker for 7 days at least

• Haha
Reactions: 27
milk bottles full of wee?

cream for the vegan

also cheap chicken breast,and eggs? This table isn’t even 90% vegan.

FFED7999-F22C-42C3-A605-73DAA23F55D4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
She’s been shopping at Tesco I see.

Eggs.
Cream.
Chicken.
Celeriac.

What’s her book about?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
If she's landed herself another TV slot or brand partnership I swear to God. I don't know what will make me rage more... that or the fact she's moving out because she's bought her 💝 forever home 💝 with Patreon donations.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
I kind of hope she sent a draft to her publisher and got a firm NO on the top tips, so now she has 100 pages to panic-fill.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I’ve never seen her do a live. Surely the brands know better? I’d love something to do whilst staying at home like a good citizen this weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Looks like a rather posh tin of olive oil in the background.

Glad she's being so thorough with the cooking temps, cos "oven tetris" won't affect those at all :rolleyes:

Ffs, where does she get off actually taking money for this utter shite?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.