Jack Monroe #145 Mamapapa, why is all the food brown?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every single essay I have ever written!

I was a premature conception and my parents were 'forced' to Marry at 17 and 21.
*Narrators Voice*
They should NEVER have married.
I was blamed for anything and everything my incubator didn't like in her life.
It stays with you and fucks you up.
Similar circumstances for my parents although they never blamed me.

Am so sorry you had to deal with all of that.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Babe, same x

Although it might just be my mum wasn't great at making it so I would never pick it on a menu or make it (although I did like the barley in it).
My mum could make it alright. It was always nice, but I always wanted something else. I just found it boring. 🤣

Reactions: 14
I can safely say that I dislike every post about SB. She should keep him out. She thinks she is clever writing what overall sounds like a positive message but then she inevitably gives all her resentments away.
I don't think she has a concept of giving or loving that does not ask for some kind of return for her in whatever form, be it financial or a display of an artificially constructed image.
I dislike her posts about him that end for eg 'God how I love this little guy'. Sort of should go without saying shouldn't it? Usually followed by squiggles fawning over her 'your relationship with SB is so special'. All sounds so insincere.
Why is she posting about him so much atm anyway? There seems to be a calculated reason for most of her tweets :unsure:

Reactions: 41
The thing is. Did she ever hand in her political book, if not and she is using the same publisher that would be by my count two books she's hasn't been delivering on. That's not a good thing.

Sometimes I think she really is on a self sabotage.
She hasn't started finished the pov book. It was supposed to be next but was swapped round with the 'huge budget bible'.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Similar circumstances for my parents although they never blamed me.

Am so sorry you had to deal with all of that.
Far too many people have knowledge of things they shouldn't. I know my next half brother up from me was 'forced' on her so that she didn't leave. She left anyway. And my God, even if she never said the words, he knew she didn't want him. I also know that the only reason I'm around is that she didn't notice she was pregnant for months. Which makes sense if you take into account that a) I'm ten years younger and b) she kept me off the radar/out of all non compulsory school provision/away from other children/sent to a different primary in the hope that there weren't any teachers who knew the family background (which backfired as one of my teachers actually taught him at the previous school, so knew all about his being one of the first children on the At Risk register when the concept was first introduced).

I also know that I 'nearly killed her' by jumping on her stomach aged 4 when she had a grumbling appendix. Apparently, I ruptured it because I unreasonably wanted things like physical contact and ewww weird child cuddles, which 'we don't do because the Queen doesn't with her children'). Bollocks. But that's the narrative.

ETA: at least it's just the things I heard directly - had she been a SM user, we'd all have been able to find out her opinions. Which wouldn't have been pleasant - except for one of the kids, who can still do no wrong and feels the same way about her. Although it would have been enlightening for him to see her wishing the eldest son dead as she never liked him either - especially when he died and she became this pitiful 'oh, he was so good to me doing everything, I don't know how I'll cope without him and his money'. And what the conversation about his Death in Service benefits actually entailed (PUT ME DOWN. ME. NOBODY ELSE. And him saying he wasn't going to do that. She got the Death in Service benefits, so is now absolutely minted.)

SB is going to know everything she says about how he ruined her life, body, etc, etc. And the truth of the stories about how lovely everything is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
I dislike her posts about him that end for eg 'God how I love this little guy'. Sort of should go without saying shouldn't it? Usually followed by squiggles fawning over her 'your relationship with SB is so special'. All sounds so insincere.
Why is she posting about him so much atm anyway? There seems to be a calculated reason for most of her tweets :unsure:
I have a kid the same age as SB and the way she describes him just isn't relatable at all. I still think all the stories are bullshit but a 10 year old making their mum cups of tea and sandwiches sounds like they are desperately trying to stay on their mum's good side and seeking approval :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
Far too many people have knowledge of things they shouldn't. I know my next half brother up from me was 'forced' on her so that she didn't leave. She left anyway. And my God, even if she never said the words, he knew she didn't want him. I also know that the only reason I'm around is that she didn't notice she was pregnant for months. Which makes sense if you take into account that a) I'm ten years younger and b) she kept me off the radar/out of all non compulsory school provision/away from other children/sent to a different primary in the hope that there weren't any teachers who knew the family background (which backfired as one of my teachers actually taught him at the previous school, so knew all about his being one of the first children on the At Risk register when the concept was first introduced).

ETA: at least it's just the things I heard directly - had she been a SM user, we'd all have been able to find out her opinions. Which wouldn't have been pleasant - except for one of the kids, who can still do no wrong and feels the same way about her.
Yes, very, very similar situation re the At Risk Register. That's the reason I was with my fabulous Grandparents for the first 8 years.
Then she 'won' us back.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Yes, very, very similar situation re the At Risk Register. That's the reason I was with my fabulous Grandparents for the first 8 years.
Then she 'won' us back.
How sad is it that whilst I'm so sorry you had that experience, I'm actually 'envious' that you got to live with your grandparents at all? I'd have loved to move in with my granddad and was planning to after I finished high school and she couldn't stop me, only didn't because he died.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Who is putting sad face emojis under the dead glove-birds? U ok hun? Who hurt you 🥺

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Can you imagine her trying to upstage the bride on her big day 🙄
The FIRST mother of the bride in Sarfend with TATTOOS dontcha know

Who is putting sad face emojis under the dead glove-birds? U ok hun? Who hurt you 🥺
It me, I am one of the sad face emoji people. I can't deal with sad inanimate objects. This is why I have confused-eye teddy bears from charity shops lurking about but my sadness also extends to items in trees etc :cool:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I'm sure this has been covered - by why is SB doing recipe testing for her NOW? Surely that part of the book should've been completed weeks if not months ago?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I'm sure this has been covered - by why is SB doing recipe testing for her NOW? Surely that part of the book should've been completed weeks if not months ago?
And why him? She's trained him to eat any old tit. What you need is somebody who is used to taste, texture, freshness and flavour in their meals.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
How sad is it that whilst I'm so sorry you had that experience, I'm actually 'envious' that you got to live with your grandparents at all? I'd have loved to move in with my granddad and was planning to after I finished high school and she couldn't stop me, only didn't because he died.
I am so sorry you never had that chance.
I'm grateful for mine every single day. They are long gone now but they are never far from my thoughts.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
It’s the weekend now. Going to dedicate it to reading all the articles posted this week
I feel sad for them poor dead glove birds. And sad about Jack’s ‘joke’ every time I think of it. So second hand embarassing.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I have a kid the same age as SB and the way she describes him just isn't relatable at all. I still think all the stories are bullshit but a 10 year old making their mum cups of tea and sandwiches sounds like they are desperately trying to stay on their mum's good side and seeking approval :(
Totally. It's not the flex she thinks it is. I have two of a similar age. Making lunch and cups of tea is just not on their radar because they are focused on their own interests* as I believe they should.

(*gaming and youtube)

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I just want to bung the full sized image too as there's a lot of.... uh.... detail.

(Read as: ABSOLUTELY SHITLOADS OF PILES OF CRAP FUCKIN EVERYWHERE)

I spy, with my little eye.... CHICKEN. EGGS. and PRUNES. 🤢

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.