Jack Monroe #145 Mamapapa, why is all the food brown?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The one thing I've learned from Jack is that all my friends are tit and none of my puddles are deep enough.
#whyisnoonegivingmestuff?
Basically everywhere is a muddy puddle right now. Sure I could find treasures for us all 😂
IMG_20210205_091326.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
You just need to be quick with the screenshots:

View attachment 419800
View attachment 419802
View attachment 419803

(there's more but haven't been quick enough so far 😂)

Bit more 😂:

View attachment 419811
"The burden of childcare should not always fall to the fairer sex." Is that right Jack? Fairer sex, really? You are expecting the Fire Service to modernise, but you use such outdated, patronising and misogynistic language to describe women. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Also, who else would carry the burden of childcare when you are a single mother? If you thought that the father should carry the burden, then it was up to you to pursue this, no one else could. Though being a single mum is something you love to constantly remind us of.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
You just need to be quick with the screenshots:

View attachment 419800
View attachment 419802
View attachment 419803

(there's more but I haven't been quick enough so far 😂)

Bit more 😂:

View attachment 419811

Will delete this post shortly.
She spends the majority of the article talking about herself and boasting about how fit she allegedly was. It was unnecessary, especially considering she was never actually a firefighter. She ought to have interviewed her female former colleagues for more relevant quotes. Her only connection to the issue at hand is that she used to be a call handler, and used to work out.

Some resentment towards her son noted, when she refers to her past life before she was a mother and boasting that she used to be a "machine".

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
His dad has had SB at least two nights a week since he was a tiny baby. Couldn’t the two nights have been the ones she was on night shift? Nursery for the two days? Did she really want them to just hold her job for another year or more until she could be bothered to manage her childcare situation? Seems almost like she wanted to force their hand. Like ‘can’t come in tonight, got no childcare, when will you change things so I don’t have to work shifts as I’m a single mum?’ or something 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 36
74FD4FE3-5486-4B56-BD20-F71E285AAB2B.jpeg

Gifted or not, I find the Apple Watch juxtaposed by the layers of tables, trolleys and tinned fruit hard to reconcile. The fact that she has AirPods in too (cropped out) just emphasises how much of her personal narrative she continues to push as a poverty story. I don’t for a second believe all the ‘nice’ things were gifted, especially if you friends and family publicly see that you and your son live off £20 a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Hellmann's told her to keep the AirPods after they fell in a bowl of slop when she was doing Lives from the Mayo Palace.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
That article just strikes completely the wrong tone IMO. It reflects her mindset in that the Fire Service should adapt to suit Jack Monroe's needs, rather than prioritise actually functioning as an effective emergency service.

I hate that anecdote about marrying someone on the opposite shift. I am sure it was a silly throwaway comment, not a serious suggestion.

Maybe they didn't consider her childcare issues, but knowing what we know of Jack, nothing they did would have been enough, and sorry to be blunt but in a job like that in the end it does come down to physical strength, a certain mentality, and the ability to work shifts of a specified length. Sorry, you can't leave a burning building because it's school pick up time. Even someone like me in an office job still has to meet the demands of my role. She doesn't seem to grasp this.

Old sick note would never have lasted as a fire fighter anyway.

Every job has its demands. I couldn't have managed to work as I have without a tonne of family support which I am beyond grateful for. She decided to jack in her job and create drama which she's milked ever since.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
New thread is up - I reported it as I called it 145 not 146 🙄🥕🥕🥕

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.