Jack Monroe #145 Mamapapa, why is all the food brown?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also have LEFT (🔺) and have to buy my soup vegetables separate and chop them up like some kind of animal instead of just buying a bag of them done already. 😂 I actually just make shitey insta-mash for mine because it's not like it matters when it's in a soup 🤷‍♀️

This actually reminds me that at some point back in these threads (maybe during a letdown larder?) Jack didn't know what to do with a packet of the dried soup mix you use in this soup.
NI veg soup (soup barley, soup celery and the rest) is such basic cooking. Pretty sure I learnt the recipe off my mum at a young age 🔺 as I’ve been bunging it all together for years. Even go so far as to use the left over chicken bones from a Sunday roast to make my own stock. The potato lump is definitely an NI thing. But HOW can she not know how to use soup mix? It’s like.... on the packet?! Did her NORTHERN IRISH BAPTIST IMMIGRANT MOTHER TEACH HER NOTHING??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
NI veg soup (soup barley, soup celery and the rest) is such basic cooking. Pretty sure I learnt the recipe off my mum at a young age 🔺 as I’ve been bunging it all together for years. Even go so far as to use the left over chicken bones from a Sunday roast to make my own stock. The potato lump is definitely an NI thing. But HOW can she not know how to use soup mix? It’s like.... on the packet?! Did her NORTHERN IRISH BAPTIST IMMIGRANT MOTHER TEACH HER NOTHING??
Even I know, and use, soup mix. I'm a home counties lefty lib too... Without the benefits of her immigrant lineage. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
@Sideboard Bob if you don't buy oldchiefquotes.coven.de I'm going to riot. Do you want me to end up in onion prison?
I’m only half joking when I say I don‘t think I could handle the power and responsibility that comes with owning a whole website so... I guess you better work on your a-peel? 🧅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I've been pondering the Ruby Rose thing for a while and was thinking about it again when everyone was sharing their favourite Jack lies a few threads back. Whilst it's not the funniest or most outrageous lie she's told the whole "I once stood in on set for Ruby Rose"* is probably one of my favourite examples of a Jack lie. I think it's because a lot of the lies she tells we don't have evidence of what actually happened. It could have been a long time ago or a private incident that she is retelling. We rightly presume that they are small truths that have been massively embellished. With this one we have the evidence of what actually happened. So "I once stood in for Ruby Rose on set" turns out, in truth, to be that Jack was actually a background artist in a pretty low key music video, which was set in a prison, loosely based on a television show that Ruby Rose starred in. It's just ridiculous how she managed to spin that out so much. And unashamedly tweet that when the evidence is available for all to see.

I've been doubting the origin story even more since Christmas. There are so many inconsistencies and things that just sound wrong. I don't believe anything she says. I think if you read everything she says through the "Ruby Rose lens" you start to get a clearer picture of how she can take something inconsequential and spin it out of all proportion.

*The tweet has long since been deleted so I can't find the exact wording she used but I'm pretty sure this was it. I think the tweet was linked into the threads rather than screenshot so can't find it now.
Yesssssss! She lies so much we suspect she's lying about everything. But the lies always have enough truth in them that its something she could backpedal on if she was really cornered. Then again, tweet and delete. Tweet and delete.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
'Out of office' made me hoot as well. She always tries to make herself sound so professional, like when her site went down and she assured everyone she had her 'IT guy on it', when in reality it was her shakily trying to fix it while receiving a few texts from some random guy off Twitter

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Here's one of those posts from the future.

Screenshot_20210204-001014_Nova Launcher.jpg

I think I can see pineapple so she might be editing a Del Monte photo?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 52

View attachment 417904

I think I can see pineapple, so she might be editing a Del Monte photo.
Looks gross. Guessing some type of curried monstrosity. Looks like black beans, but the rest looks, well, unpleasant to say the least (or rather I'd prefer not to think about it in case it puts me off my food for the rest of the day!)

• Sick
Reactions: 25
Jack's a bit quiet today so here from the archives:

View attachment 416842

Top to bottom:

Slop with exploded cherry tomato (that looks like unruly labia)
Classic slop
A bowl of black pepper with a slop garnish

Which one would YOU choose?
It’s late and I’ve had wine but I read that as I was swilling mouthwash and I almost choked on it! So funny yet tragic. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Who the duck is nicking her recipes and passing off as their own? The onion?

Or was she on BBC good food forgetting she nicked from there in the first place! :rolleyes:
Del Monte apparently nicked her peach curry recipe ages ago, and that’s part of the reason we were surprised by them partnering with her. Obvs her tweets about it have gone but there’s plenty of trails left behind.

4DB2FD1A-CF1A-4F9C-945C-C755F0B65A77.jpeg

check out the comments on here... I’m so shocked they worked with her after this 😬

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
"A peach chickpea curry is minging but I hope you get your due from them" haha! Wise words

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Del Monte apparently nicked her peach curry recipe ages ago, and that’s part of the reason we were surprised by them partnering with her. Obvs her tweets about it have gone but there’s plenty of trails left behind.

View attachment 417917

check out the comments on here... I’m so shocked they worked with her after this 😬

“The man from Del Monte can duck off” has made me laugh way more than it should. Anyone else think the Del Monte people hear that a LOT?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Just to add am a lover of the chick pea curry. Have made veg and chick pea curries, hummus, roasted chick peas, veg tagine etc. Tinned peaches, ok with Greek yogurt and black grapes!

Reactions: 17

View attachment 417904

I think I can see pineapple so she might be editing a Del Monte photo?
At first glance I thought this looked unusually textured (yet still unappetising)...then I noticed the image is cropped and whatever grotesque concoction she's made from tinned pineapple is sitting (gently, softly, mindfully) in the usual mire of slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I love how the immigrant thing finally gives us white NI girls the special status we were waiting for 😂😂😂 jack needs to catch a bleeping grip!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.