Jack Monroe #145 Mamapapa, why is all the food brown?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who the duck is nicking her recipes and passing off as their own? The onion?

Or was she on BBC good food forgetting she nicked from there in the first place! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Or they wanted to do a welfare check
Yeah, that’s what I meant by if they were concerned about SB’s welfare, though I suppose equally if they were concerned about Jack’s.

On second read of her tweet I wonder if she’s protesting too much about him being ahead, and he’d actually not submitted work for a couple of days which would likely trigger a check (at least where I am it would).

Reactions: 22
Soup?

Last I checked youre not supposed to be able to stand a spoon in your soup
I've been pissing myself reading this thread since the soup because I'm eating leftover NI veggie soup (🔺) from last night and couldn't be arsed to make any mash to go with it, so I put leftover rice in - you could eat this soup with a fork and IT'S DELICIOUS. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Since this is turning into an evening of “creative arts” ...

BE419596-7520-4A59-ACD3-5192E52496C9.jpeg

(Btw thankspaceyou google images!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
I've been pissing myself reading this thread since the soup because I'm eating leftover NI veggie soup (🔺) from last night and couldn't be arsed to make any mash to go with it, so I put leftover rice in - you could eat this soup with a fork and IT'S DELICIOUS. 😂
Oh my word my mum used to put a lump of mash in my NI veg soup (🔺) when I was young and I HATED IT. Still make the soup now (get soup veggies sent over as I moved / ?am an immigrant) but no thanks to that lump of sloppy watery mash!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
23FD467A-9F2F-4471-A757-EABA63C13EE4~2.jpeg

Why is she so obsessed with her chest? No one gives two hoots about your norks love so I don't know why you bring your "double D's" up at every opportunity.

Also DD means nothing without a band size attached. DD just means 5" difference between your underbust and full bust measurement. Which actually is probably pretty average I'd say? Probably less than average? I hate the way she makes out her tits are huge as they are DDs. A 28DD is vastly different in volume from a 38DD. Gosh this infuriates me. It's no wonder so many people are wearing ill-fitting, incorrectly sized bras with this kind of thing frequently perpetuated in the media.

Apologies fraus it appears we've found the hill upon which I'll die! 😆 I just hate bra sizing misinformation and want everyone to be adequately supported regardless of size.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
All the schools I’ve worked in have required 2 members of staff to go to a childs house, it’s part of the safeguarding plan. I’m sure the teachers aren’t busy though and have loads of time to pop to people’s houses.

I’m guessing maths wasn’t one of the 4.5 GCSEs she got then.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Sorry if you’ve seen these already!
Ergh. The style of those photos are so contrived. Reminds me of 'Rock Week' on Xfactor when a Jane Mcdonald wannabe gets trust up in a leather jacket and jodhpurs, strutting round the stage singing bat out of hell 🥴

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
I find myself pondering, more than I should about JM and her family relationships and wonder if they see social media Jack as a persona similar to Lorraine Kelly's tax defence?

They may therefore be more forgiving. Otherwise I can't comprehend why anyone gives her the time of day (contact with SB aside)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Who the duck is nicking her recipes and passing off as their own? The onion?

Or was she on BBC good food forgetting she nicked from there in the first place! :rolleyes:
recipesforpeoplewhohavenotastebudsandaremissingalltheirteeth.com

Just call it a potage. They don't usually have rice but you are a maverick.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I find myself pondering, more than I should about JM and her family relationships and wonder if they see social media Jack as a persona similar to Lorraine Kelly's tax defence?

They may therefore be more forgiving. Otherwise I can't comprehend why anyone gives her the time of day (contact with SB aside)
I've no idea why but the Lorraine Kelly thing absolutely kills me every time I read about it

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Sorry if you’ve seen these already!
So, hold on! “I changed my name and my friends and family didn’t bat an eyelid”. What! In another interview with the very same publication, you were constantly deadnamed by friends and family to the point of howling and clawing on your poor son’s shoulder. Make it make sense!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
No no no fraus just caught up in real time do not desecrate my former PMT music queen!! Used to love a bit of Alanis back in the day but now all menopaused up & much more mellow 😉

Have been loving the glove/bird photos, I HOOTED at one on the weekend (think it was the flamingo) & Mr FF looked over my shoulder & asked "why are you laughing at a photo of a glove?" To which I said och it's too difficult to explain why it's funny which he seemed to accept as a reasonable answer 😜

I have been looking out for lost bird souls & saw my first today, a large grey (man sized knitted mitten) which may have been a heron or heron gull on a pavement by the side of the road. Sadly I was at traffic lights in a queue at roadworks on my commute & couldn't get out to take a photo for fear of the lights changing & a road rage incident occurring where i may have had to kick shins in defence.

Thank space you all for bringing a strange bit of more funny in to my life! X

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Ergh. The style of those photos are so contrived. Reminds me of 'Rock Week' on Xfactor when a Jane Mcdonald wannabe gets trust up in a leather jacket and jodhpurs, strutting round the stage singing bat out of hell 🥴
What a beautifully accurate image this is 😄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I wasn’t a huge fan of the spuds but I love it with loads of barley. We normally just had boiled potatoes in it.
I remember one of the first times we visited my partner’s parents and they had made soup for us to have for lunch. It had reduced down loads and was made with shin with loads of barley in it so really thick. I loved it. Then his parents arrived in and said I was meant to add water in to thin it out as I basically had a home made concentrated version.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.