Jack Monroe #145 Mamapapa, why is all the food brown?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again because it’s nice.

Jamaican Ginger Cake- bought.
Double Cream
Small tin of Mandarin segments (any brand will do)

Slice cake lengthways.
Whisk cream until thick.
Drain mandarins.
Softly softly 😉fold in half of the drained mandarins with the whisked cream and then sandwich the two halves of the cake together .

Basic and delicious.
That sounds so tasty - thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Also, sending ❤ to everyone here with ADHD and/or autism, and to those who are parents of “neurodiverse” kids.
I have so much to say, and wanted to add my own experience and two cents, but I don’t even know where to start, and just ended up making this instead! 🤷‍♀️

View attachment 417538
Hahaha. The ads on my phone were PERFECTLY timed for scrolling through...

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 32
ooh, Mom did similar in a xmas show but with pomegranate cos it's FANCY and called it a makeshift trifle or some such. obviously, jack won't remember that or she'd have had a go like she did at all the other trifles 🙃

I made it and it was OOOFT 😋
Make tit trifle more like

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Whoever said “.Traazers, on a bird?”(said in a Old Chief voice ) is funny , is right on the money 😂😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Soup?

Last I checked youre not supposed to be able to stand a spoon in your soup
I totally agree with you on this concept. The 'soup' shown looks like a hammer and chisel may be necessary to break in.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
What it all comes down to
Is that everything is going to be fine, fine, fine
‘Cause
C3C8A931-2BD6-4940-A175-0BA3548D0518.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I’m shockingly far behind but I’ve become an actual connoisseur of slop for a weaning baby and whilst at times (eg struggling to blend any food with a skin) I’ve admired Jack for being able to liquify absolutely everything, there’s no way you’d even feed a baby that tit? It’s literal slop. It’s tit coloured slop. There is no way this is okay, why is she presenting it with those naff humble chef hands like it’s a gift?!
The last bit of your comment made me lol! I'd like to think that Jack plays a practical joke where she presents her slop with her signature gift hands, SB and BB are just tucking in with their straws, then Jack slams her hands down on the table, lets out a huge belly laugh and roars, "Only joking! I've got the Charlie Bighams in the oven. Get your Sophie Conran plates ready!"

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Monroe only got her diagnosis of autism a few years’ back, prompted by her inability to learn to drive, roundabouts and junctions being a particular hazard. “I just freeze, like a blackout. It happens in other areas of my life too,” she says. “So the doctor tested me and said I have 99 per cent of the qualities of classic autism and there are ADHD qualities to it. But what do you do about it? I just say ‘I’m autistic, that means I’m a bit odd – not all autistic people are odd – but I’m a bit socially awkward, not very good at feelings. But I’m a fantastic cook, so come over and let me cook for you but don’t try and talk to me too much about how your day is going.’”

from the Scotsman article quoted on the last thread.

Lies, lies, lies.

duck off you lying idiot.

So you first claim a magic educational psychiatrist turns up at your house when you were 12 and diagnoses you and your parents hide it from you and then this bleeping bullshit.

What Dr tested you? Please tell me what the 99% qualities of autism you have, and the 1% you don't have? She has not mentioned SEVERE autism yet but this 99% bullshit hints at it.

When did the ADHD diagnosis appear? That article is from early 2019.

The stereotype of being a bit socially awkward in there, funny how you manage to go to Glasto which would be a sensory nightmare for almost all autistic people. Loads of non autistic people are a bit socially awkward.

And what the duck have roundabouts got to do with it? I don't remember roundabouts and driving being on the diagnostic tests I actually took, I've not heard one other autistic person talk bullshit about roundabouts.I'm taking my non autistic daughter out for practice drives right now, and guess what? She doesn't like roundabouts because they are hard for a learner driver.

Stop damaging the work people have done to help autistic girls and woman be recognised with your bullshit.
Did she really say that about the autism and ADHD?? You’d think if you were going to lie about something medical, you’d at least Google how they ‘test’ for it. No mention of a QB test, or psychological assessments or speech and language sessions? No? Just a doctor meeting her once and deciding she’s 99% autustic and a little bit ADHD? Did the same doctor diagnose her 98% veganism too??

• Heart
Reactions: 38
She clearly doesn't do liquid, gas or solid tests on her recipies from what I can see.

Liquid foods, Ie soups turn out solids
Solid foods Ie most things she attempts to cook turn out liquid or to give them their correct terminology sloplike.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Sorry if you’ve seen these already!

I got as far as "thankyouverymuch" no spaces before choking on my drink!

and all the people she's cited as being trans/genderfluid/genderqueer all came out *once*

it's just beyond self-obsessed to keep banging on like you're the only queer in the world.

and don't wear stained clothes to a big do. please. you are not cool

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.