Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the 5th attached page, in the middle column, 2nd paragraph from the bottom (unfortunately the attachments aren't quoting in this post). Jack says that due to her book deal, she was able to put down a deposit on a beautiful flat in Southend, just before she moved in with Allegra. She decided to move in with her instead.

So, for 7 whole years, Jack has actually had the means to buy a Forever Home.
I wouldn’t be surprised at this point to learn she had bought, and was renting it out.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I can't bear the whole "one of the first people to come out as non binary" crap.

non binary people have existed as long as humanity has existed, you fool!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
I can't bear the whole "one of the first people to come out as non binary" crap.

non binary people have existed as long as humanity has existed, you fool!
her saying that just highlights her motive so much and is just peak jack monroe in general. she does such a disservice for people who are gender non-conforming.

i was having a field day in my head with those diva articles but sadly i can’t remember all the things i wanted to say because this thread moves so fast 🤣

this is one of the things i don’t get about jack, i am on adhd medication too and my friends and partner always laugh because i am off grid when the medication is in my system because it turns me into a functional adult and i’m BUSY doing work, it’s before i take it in the morning and once it’s worn off at night i start fannying about on anything that’s fannyaboutable (frustratingly these threads are mega fannyaboutable but my time when i’m in that zone rarely matches up to real time on the threads). if she’s on medication then they’re either the wrong ones or she doesn’t need them (and the latter is why she’s buzzing out her tits on twitter all day)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I would love for one of you Fraus to be a call handler and call her out on it. Or even better, one of her Jackolites call her out on Twitter.
Such a close call, I used to work at an international fire training centre ⚠ but not at the time she would've possibly have done a CONOPS course - more likely to have bumped into her dad if he liked a dance of a Thursday night. 😉😱

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
In the 5th attached page, in the middle column, 2nd paragraph from the bottom (unfortunately the attachments aren't quoting in this post). Jack says that due to her book deal, she was able to put down a deposit on a beautiful flat in Southend, just before she moved in with Allegra. She decided to move in with her instead.

So, for 7 whole years, Jack has actually had the means to buy a Forever Home.
I was completely baffled by that. Did she mean a deposit to buy?? Who would do that?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Me every time she posts an enormous thread on Twitter about something she has only a cursory (and wildly out of date) knowledge of:

View attachment 413823

That New Statesman article is full of wonderful quotes, aside from being the origin of Old Chief. 'Hard, masculine body', 'broad-shouldered', 'I could bench press the Queen' 😂 No trace of those broad shoulders in our smol pixie now which is odd considering (especially in women) it's a skeletal trait, not muscular. Since I like to be forensic about weights and the lifting thereof, I looked it up and apparently the Queen weighs 55kg/121lb which for Jack would almost certainly be over her bodyweight. According to my probability chart, the chance that this happened is zero per cent.
Obviously this is very boring but I have FORENSIC knowledge of British Powerlifting (I kid, but also was a member- maybe I still am? Who the duck knows) and based on the national results for Women's Classic Bench for the <47kg, <52kg and <57kg weigh in category Jack is having a bleeping laugh if she reckons she ever benched 55kg. We knew this already though.

Also I think in that cover shot with Allegra she looks happy and it kinda radiates out of her in a lovely way. Would feel bad for her that she doesn't radiate this now but she's a lying grifter so whatever.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Yup, I thought it was just going to have to move into that Primark once, there was just no way out!!
I once got lost in Milton Keynes Ikea.

It was harrowing, whichever way I turned I ended up by the picture frames. I had to phone my husband to come and rescue me (he was in the restaurant)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
It also boggles the mind when it's clear SB has a loving father who clearly would have stepped up back then as he has now. So many kids don't have that and it feels like Jack either wants to ignore it or minimize it so it seems that they are going alone at this.

Partly why I hate the phrase single mum for situations like these - it's true you are single and are a mum, but that's a very specific phrase usually used to describe mums who don't have a coparent and have their kid all the time. That's a completely different set of challenges to when you split custody.
This times a million! I am 🔺 a single mum and I feel such a fraud using that phrase because my daughter’s dad is very involved and I have excellent support from my family, as well as a flexible employer. So in the true sense of the word yes I am a single mum but I don’t by any stretch of the imagination think I have it tough, and I think that’s why Jack’s competitive single-mumming really riles me. It’s a kick in the face to all of those who do genuinely struggle and don’t have any form of support at all. She’s such an ungrateful madam.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Quoth the raven nevermore?
no manuscript?
I cry?
Why do i try?
poor jackie
She cries
It isn't me
Its my ears
poor magpie?
i do or die (trying)
This frugal life
its mine all mine
why deadline
why
i cry
poor magpie
finds a clue
in muddy puddles
i find
all sorts
its mine all mine
i never say die
lady di?
But tis i
the poverty
princess
magic
on the floor
quoth the raven
nevermore?

Nevermore shall i
dwell amongst the heathen
twitter mob
nor trolls
forsake
this tattle life
as i poor jack
of all trades
master of none
despair
at my hair brained
scheme
to write
a book
that no one wants
shall my effort
be lost
Quoth the raven
get a job

This no good
i haven't got
any talent
i cried
whats a poor
Jack to do
this book
won't write itself
you know
ask dear
allan edgar poe
he managed
twas a genius
i knew
qouth the raven
haven't got a clue

Then darkness came
i was still the same
it never mattered
anyway?
Poor magpie
he fly
right up to the sky
but i can't
orville dies
i cried
keith harris
too
poor me
poor you
quoth the raven
shut up now

so i go
now
i believe
i can
touch the sky
every night
and
any day
i spread my
wings
and fly away....
i can fly i can fly
as icarus
flied
so can i
too close
to the sun
with burnt wings
but i tried
how i cried
i die
lady di
i died
black swan
tis me
jackie
magpie
fried
but not forgotten
i made
another
sandwhich
short
of a picnic
for 20 p
lucky me
corned beef
and spam
mmmmm
taste
of my childhood
back to the end
where it
all began
dear friends
adieu
pie jesu

the end?

Sorry Boyo for the plagiarism/inspiration?😁.
What can i say except it came to me as if in a magpie inspired dream/nightmare?
Either that or its the red wine or mercury in retrograde?
Hmmm 🤔

Utter. Genius. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I agree, I think she is a terrible mother. I had a narc mother. It sent a chill through me when @essexgirl101 said her son was very very quiet. 🙁
I had the same feeling. As if the poor kid has learned not to speak up/make a fuss, in case he inadvertently triggers a screeching chaos. I hope not, but Jack has herself said things like she dropped to the floor crying in a supermarket in front of him, and there’s something like this in “Potatoes” for example.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I found this enlightening - on here it’s generally agreed that most things Jack says have a grain of truth and with that in mind. I believe the rent being late is based in some truth if she’s been used to shared finances for household expenses with LC, albeit with Jack’s exaggerated spin

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 33
Utter. Genius. ❤
Aaww thanks ❤ thats kind of you to say so
i feel humbled by all of you.
Your collective wit and wisdom has inspired me?
I'm surprised of myself because i'm actually (for the first time in ages) enjoying myself?
So thank (space) you to all of you.💞

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Jack in 60 years time? Adding cold oil to the onions and potatoes, a tin of peas, going on about long ago poverty, it's all here!

Awwww, Clara is lovely. I was terrified she was going to do herself an injury when she was cutting the onion and potato because of her poor knife skills but would happily listen to her all day long.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She made such a fuss of deadline day approaching when she posted all those photos on Twitter, but then deadline day arrives and she doesn't even mention it 🙃
Today is also deadline day in football, maybe there’s been a chaos and she’s somehow got herself signed to Southend United?

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Diva mark 3, the columns
These are all full on insane. None of the conversations happened. There isn't a nursery worker in the land who would find it remarkable that a boy wants to dress up as a princess, primary school kids do not talk about adult genitals, no one on a train gives a tit about a parent citing UNICEF numbers to their child. She's a fantasist.

I realise this take is just as hot as cladding. I'm sorry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
I read the MN thread where Jack did the Q&A

The mamapapa thing was short lived and inspired by a book apparently
She says that Mamapapa is like a boy sometimes and like a girl sometimes. In my opinion that is not nonbinary, that is gender fluid.
I think the way Jack describes herself, genderfluid is a better fit.
The way Jack presents, genderfluid is a better fit.
The way Jack dresses, genderfluid is a better fit.

I know that people self identify, but this is how other people get confused with gender and identity. I am not sure if my thoughts have transferred to this post clearly, it's a difficult subject to write about in a few lines. I have been involved with LGBT+ activism since the year dot, and I still get confused at times.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.