Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else hear this through gritted teeth?
Yes, Allegra has the TV career JM dreams off. When she says she’s been taking a break from telly 🤔 more like she’s not had any other offers.

And that nonsense about Pensions. Yes pensions make up a big chunk of the social security budget but you contribute to it all your working life. Maybe if she’d had a proper job instead of gritting and pretending to be poor she’d see the contributions on her payslip.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I tit you not I found my first grey hair on my thirtieth birthday. Seemingly appeared from nowhere overnight.

I'm salt & pepper with full-on badger stripes on each side with a big, grey quiff (on my head). No, I'm not on 'The Masked Singer' but have been like this since in my late 20s..I'm <coughs> 42 now & love it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I think Jaime Winston in the Jack Life story. Or Sheridan Smith. Would be gloriously shite.

I'd love to see someone like Kate Beckinsale make a Hollywood pouty lipped glamfest of The Poverty too.
but but but! jaime winstone's already been jack! on r4 with disapproving non-dusty grandma june whitfield

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’ve got about 25 more screenshots from mags ranging from Essex life, good housekeeping, psychologies magazine, some more diva, I don’t know where to start so I’ll leave the attached here in the meantime...
Well she acts like a wanker...? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
If she doesn't want to use his name on Twitter, at least say "my son". SB is so impersonal, it is a generic term and could mean any SB. It is so dismissive of her relationship with him, like he is some sort of possession.

Another of her little habits that sets my teeth on edge.
Just like she refers to her partners as Mrs J. Always reminding everyone that they are insignificant bit players in the Jack show.

Don’t get me started on using the words ‘super super delicious’ to describe spending time with her son. Then again I guess that the words delicious are rarely appropriately used in the crappy bungalow 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
oh ok, I looked up the liver and sultana thing. it was for a Finnish inspired xmas menu for the grauniad in 2013.

then I googled the specific dish

View attachment 415989

every day's a school day at the hands of jack monroe!
Trust Jack to have the arrogance to see a recipe for a dish hated by a nation’s schoolchildren and probably a hefty chunk of its adults and think “I’m talented enough to change their minds”.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Trust Jack to have the arrogance to see a recipe for a dish hated by a nation’s schoolchildren and probably a hefty chunk of its adults and think “I’m talented enough to change their minds”.
However, on the legendary Saturday night just passed when we had the origin of @essexgirl101, much excitement and sexy full-time for many Fraus & Herrs, my wife cooked my favourite dinner of Liver & Bacon. I got drunk, then fell asleep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

New thread! Sorry, the recap is lacking as I’ve not kept up very well with the thread. Please add to it if I’ve missed anything good.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.