Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was expecting all those columns to end with 'and then everyone clapped'. Absolutely preposterous. Calling a vagina a 'fan-fan' ought to be an imprisonable offence. Where are the onion police?

I know it's very dangerous territory to get into gender and sexuality discussions here so I only want to touch on it but just because someone is currently in (and has only ever been in) a heterosexual relationship doesn't preclude being bi/pansexual or non-binary. I don't think that should be used as a validation of someone's sexuality. Additionally, I honestly do believe that a child would know and use the word '******'. Sorry to me-rail but from about age 8 I had other children at school (younger ones too) calling me transphobic slurs, including ****** and boy-girl (a phrase Jack uses in one of her Diva articles which doesn't sit right with me) just because I had a short haircut and liked 'boy stuff' 🤷‍♀️ Kids can be extremely brutal and ignorant.
Yup, I remember kids in primary school being pretty racist, homophobic etc - probably because they'd heard things on the telly or through parents/relatives :( Kids can be incredibly mean to their peers, and a lot of adults don't seem to understand this.

Thanks for the uploads @discolisa!

This was one bit that stood out to me, what a crappy thing to say about your sister. I’d be gutted if a sibling told a magazine that my marriage fell apart. 😞

View attachment 414462
The cheek of it!! Especially as her own relationships are anything but stable!!

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Why does she think teachers need to know all about the inner struggles of one parent, of a school of hundreds of children? She thinks she's the main character in life.
Nail on head. What Jack, Vonny Moyes-LeClerc and their ilk that we have met have in common is that. They think they are the main character, when for most people, they are either on the periphery, or are some loon they met once.

Reactions: 41
There’s a radio drama series about call handlers-I think it’s ambulance. I’ve only caught bits but it sounds good and only 15 minute episodes-
Now duck OFF.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Nail on head. What Jack, Vonny Moyes-LeClerc and their ilk that we have met have in common is that. They think they are the main character, when for most people, they are either on the periphery, or are some loon they met once.
Narcissistic I'd call it.
Thinking they're the sun and all orbit them.
She's important to her family, that's it.. for the rest of the world she's little.more than an oddity.

Reactions: 27
Oh gosh those articles are cringetastic. She really does imagine herself to live in some sort of weird old timey costume drama or something. I've never been to Southend, but I don't imagine it's that posh and everyone lives in a vortex of some sort where she'd stand out even a quarter as much as she thinks she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
When writing one’s Last Will & Testament, legacies of a specific monetary amount (ie £1,000) as opposed to leaving them a percentage of one’s estate, are known as “percuniary legacies” and the beneficiaries of such legacies “pecuniary beneficiaries”.

I'm a local Councillor type and always have to 'fess up to any pecuniary interests relating to the agenda items.

It took me longer than it should have to get what it actually meant 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Oh my word I'm actually here, in the present! Praise be 🙏🏻

Found this hilarious gem in the Scotsman article:

"Recently she’s cut her online media time, aiming for 15 minutes a day."

You probably remember this nonsense. This is what original drove me Tattle. Now and again I re read it to remind me of my moment of revelation. Before this I believed it all. Thank space you for keeping the vigil.

• Haha
Reactions: 79
Hey-cabal-hey.

This article popped up on Reddit and I thought y'all may find it slightly interesting.

'Wealthy, successful people from privileged backgrounds often misrepresent their origins as working-class in order to tell a 'rags to riches' story resulting from hard work and perseverance, rather than social position and intergenerational wealth.'

Sounds familiar...

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh my word I'm actually here, in the present! Praise be 🙏🏻

Found this hilarious gem in the Scotsman article:

"Recently she’s cut her online media time, aiming for 15 minutes a day."

Like me when I ‘set intentions’ to manifest not spending too much time on Tattle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
X
I'm a local Councillor type and always have to 'fess up to any pecuniary interests relating to the agenda items.

It took me longer than it should have to get what it actually meant 😂😂
One online dictionary gives this great definition of percuniary:

relating to or consisting of money.
"he admitted obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception"

It seems a particularly relevant use of the word 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
X

One online dictionary gives this great definition of percuniary:

relating to or consisting of money.
"he admitted obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception"

It seems a particularly relevant use of the word 😂
Almost like someone's picture should be attached to the definition... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Imagine being so up your own crevice that you think being a bride & having tattoos is going to shock the living tit out of people in this day and age. She just doesn’t stop, does she 😂
she needs to get watching the UK version of Say yes to the Dress, loads of tats on those prospective brides...[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Grunking so no idea where this will land but going to leave my daily reaction to Jack's lies here.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She really does think the world is obsessed with her doesn't she? In one of her parenting columns, she claims that nursery staff whispered to each other about her.
The columns are pretty hilariously bad except for the one where she rants about her son's tantrums and calls him a pint size misogynist, that's seriously bad.

Thanks for all the receipts @discolisa
these receipts are amazing @discolisa , it's incredible how often she seems to think that people on trains listen to her every word. Jack reeling off unicef statistics on the 8.03 train from southend to london is now one of my top jack quotes. So bleeping partridge.

Also the idea of her going on one of her defensive rants when her 6 year old son calls her fat...christ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Thanks for the uploads @discolisa!

This was one bit that stood out to me, what a crappy thing to say about your sister. I’d be gutted if a sibling told a magazine that my marriage fell apart. 😞

View attachment 414462
What sister? Surely the sister that was adopted isn’t old enough to have gone through all that? (Source: Fireman Dave’s Facebook family cover photo)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I think that Linda Mc have made their stance clear (by refusing to engage) and all that viggle can really do right now is discourage people from buying their products 🤷
I think the best thing that LM could do is just delete those recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
What sister? Surely the sister that was adopted isn’t old enough to have gone through all that? (Source: Fireman Dave’s Facebook family cover photo)
I have lost track of her siblings, truth be told.

On another note, was anyone else holding out for "treading on random piece of broken glass on the floor at home" as Jack's excuse for missing a deadline today?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
A friend of mine knows the actor who plays Roy and says he's such a lovely man with a brilliant sense of humour.

I love it when someone I like on TV is nice in real life! 😀

I agree, though, that when he was first on Corrie as Deirdre's weird neighbour when she moved in to a flat, he was indeed very creepy!

I think I watch too much TV.....
Not wanting to 🔺 but I've worked with 'Hayley' several times and she's one of the most genuine, down-to earth people I've ever met. So much so I'm avoiding putting her real name here as she's that nice and normal it feels weird to talk about her on the internet!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
This thread moves so fast that every time I catch up I've been beaten to anything I wanted to add to the conversation....
But what long arms Allegra has!!
2D8EB9A7-ED39-4719-AD8A-7AF9B265A466.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.