Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've always thought Allegra was attractive tbh.
The underbite though...sorry commenting on someone’s appearance is unnecessary but one of my children has a bad one and I thought adults grew out of it 😬

Reactions: 8
I never thought she was a great parent as every time she talks about him it’s always stories which reflect back at her being a great mum. I call bullshit.
That and the unnecessary moves. I wonder how many times she’s had to go home as a stop gap after a break up and calls that a ‘move’.

Reactions: 28
We have pre and post official meetings to manage and control the celeb situation. In between we have meetings on masterplanning in the UK and international infrastructure which they think they influence (they dont).
I am so impressed by the breadth of knowledge and the range of careers of the people on these threads. There are members of all walks of life contributing here.

Jack Monroe could only dream of having such interesting and influential employment.

Thanks to all of you Frauen und Männer for all the knowledge I am gaining here. You're never too old to learn. I have had many of my beliefs and ideas challenged and changed. You are an amazing bunch of ninnies.

• Heart
Reactions: 94
I used to experience greater levels of anxiety going into the Primark at Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester. The place is a labyrinth! I miss drinking a cider at Glasto :cry:
Yup, I thought it was just going to have to move into that Primark once, there was just no way out!!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Diva mark 3, the columns
1) the word 'fan-fan' and other childish terms for private parts are just weird, idk why it's somehow awful to teach your kids the 'correct terms' and 2) this is so cringeworthy i almost couldn't read it to the end - your son is getting bullied about what you put on social media and your response is to put a photo of a 'cock drawer' on there?? Thus probably fuelling the fire? Y I K E S

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
‘Do you think nobody wants to marry you because you’re too clever?’

I am dead!

• Haha
Reactions: 77
That’s what I’m saying. Whenever she uses her son for the old ‘Misty eyed rhetoric’, she neglects to mention that she moved in with someone after FOUR bleeping DAYS. Took him far from his dad, gave him a new sister and new caregiver without a moment’s notice. I will never get over how abominably foolish and irresponsible that was. She never owns ul to it either, never says she regrets putting her son in that position, it’s always about her and the whole ‘she left’ narrative. Whenever anyone tries to be kind on here and says that she’s probably a great mum, I struggle to agree. I’d like to think so for his sake, but having a lazy, narcissistic fantasist for a mum must be so hard on him.
She’s a selfish hole, she puts her needs above those of her child and uses him online when she needs to soften her persona after being a head, she used the cat in a similar fashion.

Reactions: 43
Im only read the first one, “Transparenting”, but OMG the glaring lies in it 😮

I bet SB never called her “Mamapapa”
An older boy never said “your Mum’s a ******”

Not to mention these two entries for the Not Happened Of The Year Awards:

View attachment 413983

View attachment 413984
She really does think the world is obsessed with her doesn't she? In one of her parenting columns, she claims that nursery staff whispered to each other about her.
The columns are pretty hilariously bad except for the one where she rants about her son's tantrums and calls him a pint size misogynist, that's seriously bad.

Thanks for all the receipts @discolisa

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
That’s what I’m saying. Whenever she uses her son for the old ‘Misty eyed rhetoric’, she neglects to mention that she moved in with someone after FOUR bleeping DAYS. Took him far from his dad, gave him a new sister and new caregiver without a moment’s notice. I will never get over how abominably foolish and irresponsible that was. She never owns ul to it either, never says she regrets putting her son in that position, it’s always about her and the whole ‘she left’ narrative. Whenever anyone tries to be kind on here and says that she’s probably a great mum, I struggle to agree. I’d like to think so for his sake, but having a lazy, narcissistic fantasist for a mum must be so hard on him.
Plus it seems like he was regularly moving schools and that, on top of the alleged bullying, must've been really hard on the poor kid :(

• Sad
Reactions: 37
Is it just me, or does she own several different pairs of (quite similar) glasses?

None of them suit her but that's neither here nor there, just to say that glasses aren't cheap...
Please don’t judge...but I am loving Classic Coronation Street just now - Deirdre has just met the dastardly Jon Lindsay - and her glasses are straight out of the Jack Autumn/Winter Collection

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
read 2.5 of the parenting columns before my eyes rolled so far back I could see my hippocampus. such nonsense that never happened.

also, call your parent whatever you want, but "mamapapa" always reminds me of the beginning of frozen when little elsa calls for her parents after freezing little anna

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Finished reading all of the articles (Yes I'm in pain now, No I don't think any of it actually happened) and everything is so on-brand for Jack that you can quite literally play a game of Bingo with them.

Playing the victim/paranoia = (y)
Twee, middle-class bullshit nicknames = (y)
References to ~ masculine aesthetic ~ = (y)
Attempts to seem like a super-woke trendsetter, but coming off as seriously irrelevant and tone-deaf= (y)
Lies galore? =(y)

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Diva, here you go, will post diff articles separately x
That's another sister mentioned. Must be a long-term foster-sister as her adopted sister is just thinking of college and careers according to Jack. Wonder how she feels about being described as "feral"?

• Sad
Reactions: 33
How many of you have had to google ‘pecuniary’ today and still don’t know how to use it in a sentence? Asking for a friend (Jack)
When writing one’s Last Will & Testament, legacies of a specific monetary amount (ie £1,000) as opposed to leaving them a percentage of one’s estate, are known as “percuniary legacies” and the beneficiaries of such legacies “pecuniary beneficiaries”.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Plus it seems like he was regularly moving schools and that, on top of the alleged bullying, must've been really hard on the poor kid :(
He was. He started Reception in London alongside Allegra’s daughter (they were the same age) and when when Jack and Allegra broke up they came back to Southend. SB was given a place at a school in Basildon, hence having to commute to school on the train. Then when a local school place was available he would have moved schools again. This all would have been before Junior school age (year 3) I’m guessing.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.