Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we have all had a friend who retells a story where you were both present and it bears no resemblance to how you remember it. It is exaggerated out of all proportion. I certainly have.

I am sure that these things happen, drunk being loud in a beer garden, drunk being loud outside a station, but they are wildly exaggerated. She in no way would intervene in those situations though, she's a scared, smol lil pixie. Her getting involved is not exaggerated, it is fabricated.
She's also said herself, more than once, that she shouts and gets "furious" on Twitter but irl is a nervous little mouse. So which is it? 🤷

Reactions: 37
@MancBee without 🔺 myself I am working with him at the moment. I work in construction in a governmental advisory role, he knows duck all about actual development; he is/was a mouthpiece for channel 4 and somehow has become the poster boy for design. If you follow the industry, I'm central to the press announcement at the weekend on the new building / design standards in planning. He turns up at our meetings and we humour him despite him and his ego having no influence.
Really interesting to hear he has similar character traits whilst in work as out of it. Ego was off the scale. I think it is another of those cases where having the right connections, and being in the right place at the right time as to how he has got on. Certainly not his architectural talent.

He is as bad as Monroe regarding the Grenfell fire. He rushed there on the night shoving his nose in. He made some pretty outlandish claims about that night that have been disproved too.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
Reading through that mumsnet thread, it made me think about the way in which Jack uses message boards / forums (and of course the way it went down here in thread 31). She seems to log on with an attitude, ready to take her mood out on the people there, instead of seeing it as a community. She positions herself as the main attraction and talks down to everyone, it's clear she thinks she's better than the other posters, she doesn't even attempt to be nice. This may be all well and good if you're anonymous (though not really, in decent forums the horrible ones are generally pulled up); but when you're a public name, how on earth do you think you'll get away with it without being seen as a dick, WHEN YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A DICK? She uses people to tit all over them, gets her nastiness out, and then thinks she can walk away with it wiped from A. peoples' memories and B. the internet itself. It's so hilarious that she blames other people for their perception of her when she's the one creating that perception through her terrible personality and the way she treats and interacts with people.
All of this is so true, she created her on-line persona through social media and seems to be stymied when she's called out on the inconsistencies.
Needless to say that in her head she walks away having had the last laugh.
I'm still getting the giggles over the fact that angry vegans may yet bring her down 💪💚

• Haha
Reactions: 41
George Clarke is an architect, not a building control officer, or structural engineer. He is not an expert on fire safety. These people know diddly squat about construction, and just need to keep their noses out. How would they like armchair experts telling them how to do their job?

I can't bear the man (George) met him at a party, surprised his head fitted through the door, talk about love himself. Arrogant doesn't come near to describing him. As an aside, he can't even stick to a budget on a house renovation.
I served him years ago. The arrogance was beaming out of him. So smarmy!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I have sad news. I saw a magpie today and it was accompanied by some sort of rare butterfly. RIP SadFace.
glove 010221.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 79
It might have been Jack's attempt at satire. As she seems to have very little natural sense of humour a lot of her 'jokes' fall flat.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I've just reread the New Statesman article, here are a couple of funny bits.
Also, Jack has shrunk, she's teenier than ever, practically microscopic!
She's a card isn't she?

(Actually, she's a total bleeping bleep)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Maybe it was bench pressing the Queen that shrunked our plucky urchin. And to think just a few years later, she couldn’t even carry a few poorly made Kickstarter recipe books to the post office. Life can be so cruel. Just like the beautiful, gentle, soft birds we have lost. I feel quite melancholy.
ETA - I’ve got Radiohead’s “onion police” as an ear worm now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Did we have broken ribs on the list of fake injuries/ailments? “I’m sensitive today” 😴 we know, Jack! Every day is a day when people need to forgive you because..... bla bla
65F3DFD6-5357-4746-9D7D-B342880F511D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Hold on, did she literally mean she could bench press the actual Queen? What a weird bleeping thing to say. I was totally confused about it when I read it and assumed it was some kind of weightlifting terminology that I didn't understand.
Please can we have 'she could bench press the actual Queen' as a thread title?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Is this about Angel Strawbridge?
No, there's a thread about a chateux in the bloggers bit in here, they are proper grifters and very odd. They started off by appearing in escape to the chateux DIY with dick and angel

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.