Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@MancBee without 🔺 myself I am working with him at the moment. I work in construction in a governmental advisory role, he knows duck all about actual development; he is/was a mouthpiece for channel 4 and somehow has become the poster boy for design. If you follow the industry, I'm central to the press announcement at the weekend on the new building / design standards in planning. He turns up at our meetings and we humour him despite him and his ego having no influence.
I'm really shocked to hear that George Clark is up himself! He always seems so friendly and likeable on TV. He seems to know what he's talking about too regarding design, although I did pick up that his friend/co-presenter seems to know more.

You two should probably post your experiences on secret celeb gossip, it would make a change from that fantasist glamour model stuff.

Edit: please you and @MancBee spill the tea!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I went a few times around 2000 just before and just after they put up the proper fence. I was a very young teacher and I could never remember what bands I had seen when the kids asked me the Monday after. It wasn’t dangerous at all unless you are allergic to mud or horrific toilets.
Wasn't the stab vest because she'd apparently had death threats for coming out as trans or NB? Sorry, forget which one because it changes all the time. Because obviously Glasto is full of rioting transphobes, and is well known for its right wing politics and death threat-sending hippies.

Most festivals are pretty friendly and unscary. Pre-fence, the only scary think about Glastonbury was the overcrowding, but the atmosphere was still lovely. The only time I've felt scared at a festival was at Leeds one year when there was some rioting.

Reactions: 43
She couldn't know what to send unless she knew what appliances they had. Our friend is is an ex fireman (he spent all his working life in the service until he retired, not just a year) and he was very angry about grenfell as a previous mayor of London had closed stations and sold off the turntables needed to attempt rescue (I'll let you work out who that may have
Was listening to an interview with Sabrina Cohen-Hatton - she was homeless as a teenager growing up in Wales After her dad died. She actually lived rough for a time but continued to try and go to school. Also sold the big issue and gradually managed to pull her life back together. She has gone on to have what sounds like a stellar career in the fire service - Chief Officer West Sussex - also a qualified psychologist and has a book out at the moment. There must be someone in a bungalow somewhere who has a view on this.

Reactions: 16
I went through a year of diagnosis for a neurological condition, and much of that was ruling out auto immune conditions. They're serious tit and can be life limiting, you can't just decide you've got lupus or MS, FFS.

Or is she claiming RA? Most people have osteoarthritis, RA is much rarer, and both are quite rare in younger people (source: a year spent with an exceptional Neurological care team, who tested me for damn well everything before they found out that was causing the problem 🔺).
Yes, she's claimed to have RA. I had a lot of tests done to check for RA, ankolysing spondylitis, lupus etc. At no point did my consultant suggest, as Jack's apparently has, that RA is caused by spending a couple of Winters in an unheated, damp home.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She ‘thought’ she was. I mean, don’t allow the lack of a diagnosis from a doctor to get in the way of deciding you have something which can really limit your life. duck sake.
Did she google it and self diagnose?
So she is not immunosuppressed then? Was going to ask what meds she was on.

Reactions: 18
Me every time she posts an enormous thread on Twitter about something she has only a cursory (and wildly out of date) knowledge of:

shut uuuuuuuuuuuup.jpg

That New Statesman article is full of wonderful quotes, aside from being the origin of Old Chief. 'Hard, masculine body', 'broad-shouldered', 'I could bench press the Queen' 😂 No trace of those broad shoulders in our smol pixie now which is odd considering (especially in women) it's a skeletal trait, not muscular. Since I like to be forensic about weights and the lifting thereof, I looked it up and apparently the Queen weighs 55kg/121lb which for Jack would almost certainly be over her bodyweight. According to my probability chart, the chance that this happened is zero per cent.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Wasn't the stab vest because she'd apparently had death threats for coming out as trans or NB? Sorry, forget which one because it changes all the time. Because obviously Glasto is full of rioting transphobes, and is well known for its right wing politics and death threat-sending hippies.

Most festivals are pretty friendly and unscary. Pre-fence, the only scary think about Glastonbury was the overcrowding, but the atmosphere was still lovely. The only time I've felt scared at a festival was at Leeds one year when there was some rioting.
The husband and I went to the Farmyard Party (big motorbike thing) in Helmsley a couple of times years ago. Even that wasn't scary, there was a good vibe to it. Nearest thing to violence was probably me wanting to throttle husband for his Guiness farts in the tent 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Me every time she posts an enormous thread on Twitter about something she has only a cursory (and wildly out of date) knowledge of:

View attachment 413823

That New Statesman article is full of wonderful quotes, aside from being the origin of Old Chief. 'Hard, masculine body', 'broad-shouldered', 'I could bench press the Queen' 😂 No trace of those broad shoulders in our smol pixie now which is odd considering (especially in women) it's a skeletal trait, not muscular. Since I like to be forensic about weights and the lifting thereof, I looked it up and apparently the Queen weighs 55kg/121lb which for Jack would almost certainly be over her bodyweight. According to my probability chart, the chance that this happened is zero per cent.
Hold on, did she literally mean she could bench press the actual Queen? What a weird bleeping thing to say. I was totally confused about it when I read it and assumed it was some kind of weightlifting terminology that I didn't understand.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
More likely saw someone else use it in conversation irl or even on SM. She thought, oh I'll have that too and announced she has an autoimmune condition.
As someone with autoimmune conditions I would be insulted if it wasn't hilarious because of her stupidity. She truly is thick.
As someone with an autoimmune too I feel your pain and I am actually pretty pissed off that she thought she might have one. She certainly wasn’t shielding when she buggered off to Edinburgh. I’ve been nowhere for months. I was diagnosed after lots of tests, some pretty grim. Immunosuppressed my fat arse. I feel righteous anger - this is unusual for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
That might take a while I believe she's currently writing something big about the John Stonehouse fraud trial and it's impact on public trust in politicians.
Then there is her investigation in to the whereabouts of Lord Lucan.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Hold on, did she literally mean she could bench press the actual Queen? What a weird bleeping thing to say. I was totally confused about it when I read it and assumed it was some kind of weightlifting terminology that I didn't understand.
I think she mentioned before that 'during firefighter training' (🙄) they would give real life examples for the target weights they were expected to be able to lift morale. I think there was also 'large dog' or something?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I’m a bit rubbish on the forum so managed to screw up this post up a few minutes ago...but wanted to highlight an interview I’d listened to by Sabrina Cohen-Hatton. I’d imagine people on here are aware of her story as it chimes with that of a certain call handler from Southend. But in case not,
she said she became homeless after her father died and lived rough for a period in Wales As a teenager. Still found a way to attend school and after a period selling the Big Issue managed to get her life back on track. Anyway as stated earlier she’s had a stellar career in the fire service, qualified as a psychologist on the side and now has a book out.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reading through that mumsnet thread, it made me think about the way in which Jack uses message boards / forums (and of course the way it went down here in thread 31). She seems to log on with an attitude, ready to take her mood out on the people there, instead of seeing it as a community. She positions herself as the main attraction and talks down to everyone, it's clear she thinks she's better than the other posters, she doesn't even attempt to be nice. This may be all well and good if you're anonymous (though not really, in decent forums the horrible ones are generally pulled up); but when you're a public name, how on earth do you think you'll get away with it without being seen as a dick, WHEN YOU'RE ACTING LIKE A DICK? She uses people to tit all over them, gets her nastiness out, and then thinks she can walk away with it wiped from A. peoples' memories and B. the internet itself. It's so hilarious that she blames other people for their perception of her when she's the one creating that perception through her terrible personality and the way she treats and interacts with people.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

View attachment 413823

My dog weighs more than that!!!!
I knew the Queen was tiny but........hang on. The Queen's weight is online?!!! Why? Why is the internet so crazy?

Such a shame we aren't allowed swears...
"We genuinely just think you're a dick" would have been a great thread title 😂
I think that's more of a mantra than a thread title...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yes, there was an asterisk next to that claim which I (stupidly) thought would be to say haha funny joke but when I scrolled to the bottom this was the quote: my weightlifting chart was, for motivational purposes, set at benchmarks like “12 tins of beans”, “a small marsupial” and “The Queen”. I heard that at the next powerlifting competition they will only be announcing completed lifts in tins of beans. Olympic weightlifting is different, they'll be using tins of fruit cocktail.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.