Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just read the Mumsnet thread

It was narcissistic Jack right at her best....the second anyone disagrees with her the passive aggressive replies come out. And accusing a woman of stealing her wallet because she was loud? Sure, Jan.

I hate to quote Taylor Swift but I feel like this sentence perfectly sums up Jack “What a shame she’s fucked in the head”.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Three engagements? She’s J-Lo innit - although she manages to get down the aisle

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think that actually in early pandemic days when no one knew what was happening it was OK to be confused. At work some staff had letters off their GPs, some didn’t, there was a lack of clarity about pregnancy etc. So it would normally be fine for people to say ‘I thought I was but GP confirmed I wasn’t’. It’s just that as ever with Jack it’s a stupid inconsistency and most of us now think they’re lies.
Also the way she started talking about having a cough a couple of days prior to DKL launching was very much me faking an illness two days before a maths test aged 10. You've gotta lay the groundwork first by sowing the seeds of becoming poorly a day or two in advance. Or just get to secondary school and realise you can bunk off and smoke Marlboro lights in the local park for that period as they hadn't digitised registers at that point.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
She ‘thought’ she was. I mean, don’t allow the lack of a diagnosis from a doctor to get in the way of deciding you have something which can really limit your life. duck sake.
Did she google it and self diagnose?
I went through a year of diagnosis for a neurological condition, and much of that was ruling out auto immune conditions. They're serious tit and can be life limiting, you can't just decide you've got lupus or MS, FFS.

Or is she claiming RA? Most people have osteoarthritis, RA is much rarer, and both are quite rare in younger people (source: a year spent with an exceptional Neurological care team, who tested me for damn well everything before they found out that was causing the problem 🔺).

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I think that actually in early pandemic days when no one knew what was happening it was OK to be confused. At work some staff had letters off their GPs, some didn’t, there was a lack of clarity about pregnancy etc. So it would normally be fine for people to say ‘I thought I was but GP confirmed I wasn’t’. It’s just that as ever with Jack it’s a stupid inconsistency and most of us now think they’re lies.
She must have worked it out pretty quickly because she was out and about six days later:

Screenshot_20200402-104615.jpg

Thread #1, screenshot from @Catwinky.

(This post was deleted from Instagram)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Huge masc energy. Matching bra and pants.
I have a partially herniated disc in my back which required an emergency MRI.
When we got to the room at the hospital Mrs TUIT waved her hand at me and whispered, "You'd better have matching underwear on or I will die of shame."
Matching meaning white bra with white pants.
This is the compromise, she prefers proper 'sets' of understuff.
I'm known to wear black bra white pants, it doesn't bother me.
It causes acute palpitations in my wife!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Does anyone else suspect these characters in these tall tales do exist, but Jack as centre of the universe perceives they’ve somehow slighted her (not smiled back, not laughed at a joke she told them, etc) so she invents this huge tall tale to garner the sympathy she needs to recover from it? I don’t know if that makes sense but it’s something I’ve spotted in “my Jack”
Yup. Or she's taken a dislike to someone for jealousy reasons, and then spun a tale about how awful a person they are. That whole story about the mum at the pub is full of bitterness imo.

Just picking up on the bank texting her, to tell her the card had been fraudulently used, how would the bank know? Surely whoever took it is unlikely to have a bash at guessing a pin number? If it were used via contactless, the bank would be none the wiser who used it. Just seems odd to me, and more likely she lost her purse/card and then stitched that into her pub mum story.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
That's a lot of information about what call handlers do in the fire service...

She couldn't know what to send unless she knew what appliances they had. Our friend is is an ex fireman (he spent all his working life in the service until he retired, not just a year) and he was very angry about grenfell as a previous mayor of London had closed stations and sold off the turntables needed to attempt rescue (I'll let you work out who that may have been)

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Glasto certainly isn't what it used to be like back in the day. I've been a couple of times and have felt really safe there. The best thing about it is...it's outside. If you feel unsafe around someone or something you can literally just walk away!
I went a few times around 2000 just before and just after they put up the proper fence. I was a very young teacher and I could never remember what bands I had seen when the kids asked me the Monday after. It wasn’t dangerous at all unless you are allergic to mud or horrific toilets.

Reactions: 30
Yup. Or she's taken a dislike to someone for jealousy reasons, and then spun a tale about how awful a person they are. That whole story about the mum at the pub is full of bitterness imo.
I think we have all had a friend who retells a story where you were both present and it bears no resemblance to how you remember it. It is exaggerated out of all proportion. I certainly have.

I am sure that these things happen, drunk being loud in a beer garden, drunk being loud outside a station, but they are wildly exaggerated. She in no way would intervene in those situations though, she's a scared, smol lil pixie. Her getting involved is not exaggerated, it is fabricated.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
was she getting herself confused with Stormzy is 72 years old in that Banksy Union Jack number? Or was it before him and he COPIED HER!
My cynical mind makes me wonder whether, depending upon the year, if the potential presence of Dizzee Rascal/Stormzy is 72 years old fans was a factor in her decision.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Babe, same! Except not really 😂 My Dad was a postman for 45 years. I went to some Christmas parties at the local sorting office as a kid. I don't remember much about them other than sitting on Santa's knee. I vaguely knew some of my Dad's postie friends. I would never say I 'grew up in the postal service' though.

I did work experience at my Mum's Tesco branch too, did I grow up in retail?

Stop claiming other people's lives as your own you perfidious magpie 😖
Place your bets

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Jack had plenty of stories to tell The Guardian a few years ago, this was from yet another shady attack on David Cameron not being fit to clean her Dad's windows/word salad.
What a bag of shite to paraphrase Paul calf

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Is this insta? I am using a viewer and the newest thing I can see is five days ago under the curry picture, is it somewhere else?
I’m not sure if this link will work, but it’s under the latest post which is just like a quote pic type thingy:

Reactions: 14
She ‘thought’ she was. I mean, don’t allow the lack of a diagnosis from a doctor to get in the way of deciding you have something which can really limit your life. duck sake.
Did she google it and self diagnose?
More likely saw someone else use it in conversation irl or even on SM. She thought, oh I'll have that too and announced she has an autoimmune condition.
As someone with autoimmune conditions I would be insulted if it wasn't hilarious because of her stupidity. She truly is thick.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
George Clarke is an architect, not a building control officer, or structural engineer. He is not an expert on fire safety. These people know diddly squat about construction, and just need to keep their noses out. How would they like armchair experts telling them how to do their job?

I can't bear the man (George) met him at a party, surprised his head fitted through the door, talk about love himself. Arrogant doesn't come near to describing him. As an aside, he can't even stick to a budget on a house renovation.
@MancBee without 🔺 myself I am working with him at the moment. I work in construction in a governmental advisory role, he knows duck all about actual development; he is/was a mouthpiece for channel 4 and somehow has become the poster boy for design. If you follow the industry, I'm central to the press announcement at the weekend on the new building / design standards in planning. He turns up at our meetings and we humour him despite him and his ego having no influence.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.