Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else suspect these characters in these tall tales do exist, but Jack as centre of the universe perceives they’ve somehow slighted her (not smiled back, not laughed at a joke she told them, etc) so she invents this huge tall tale to garner the sympathy she needs to recover from it? I don’t know if that makes sense but it’s something I’ve spotted in “my Jack”
Yes definitely, I imagine her in the beer garden trying to ingratiate herself to this woman, doing her horrible fake laugh and turning on her 'charm', only for her smile to turn upside down 🙃as someone drops a drink near her and her legs gets slightly splattered, then 'taking to mumsnet' to unleash her suppressed rage and make the whole thing into some sort of hero narrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Has she moved house with her son 18 times though? Has this ever been proved? Or has she just moved a lot, and then less with her child?
Of course no proof. It doesn’t even make sense. People being in unstable housing can of course cause a lot of moves, but 18 moves in six years is ridiculous. From all the interviews during/after The Poverty™️ It adds up to about 5-6. She caused two of those moves by moving her young son straight in with Allegra after the first date. She then obviously needed a whole new place after leaving. Although maybe a certain tea giving Essex Girl can verify?

Reactions: 36
There's a Mumsnet thread about the DKL stuff, and it's amazing but someone mentioned Jack doing a Zoom call on-air because she was 'immunocompromised' - anyone got any evidence for this? Would be hilarious if she'd said that considering she was live on the show a few times (and the chips run??)
The first week of DKL was Zoom because she 'had a cough' which later became 'sneezing' and 'hayfever'. She said she was shielding because of autoimmune disease. Which is a lie.
When she visited us in thread 31 she admitted she only thought she was immunocompromised and we were bullying her because she made a mistake.
Upside was we got to see her disgusting kitchen and inspired Matt to make his 'terrible' comment which was TV gold.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Oh god, threatening to call social services on a young mum because she was too loud for your liking in a beer garden? Scummy, scummy behaviour.
Hang on but i thought that fearless class warrior/saviour of the poor and needy stood in solidarity/on the breadline with mothers everywhere?
Hmm must have missed that bit (you know the empathy bit) of that particular narrative?
Also as others have pointed out that bit about a flying drinks tray and the use of the (not applicaple) word innit?
Just does not ring true to me?
So what is it Jack is she up in your niche (space) ?
Or being all matey mate (completed it)
My bets are on didn't happen mate?
Also as a mum i have been in pubs several times with kids (usually outdoors or by the kids area) but i've seen with my own eyes that if the kids (mine or anyone else's ) get rowdy or disturb the other customers then the bartender or manager or even another parent always (in my experience) comes over and has a quick word to the parents?
So if this woman was even half as aggressive as jack described or abusive there is no way on earth (imo) that someone would have not intervened?
So this narrative or poor little nnocent jack (with the well behaved child and dog) getting ambushed in public by some marauding mad drunken woman kids in tow sounds like what it is (imo) absolute bullcrap?
What it does provide i think is a interesting insight into jack monroe plucky moral (self appointed) crusader thought process and view of the world and people and how to relate to them?
Complain to mumsnet
Call social services
Completed it mate.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Once you've had someone pissing on your tent at three in the morning, everything else seems a bit tame eh?
In all fairness we did only go for the day! I'd camped many times and knew my mums limits!

My best monday morning wake up was a group hurling rotten fruit in condoms at tents. Fun times.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Let us not forget that she felt she needed a bleeping stab vest to brave the horrors of the Leftfield stage at Glasto. Seeing as no fucker that's working class can even afford the bastarding tickets for that, she thought she was at risk of being rushed by some stoned Trustafarians and blokes who dragged their children along in fishing carts.
was she getting herself confused with Stormzy is 72 years old in that Banksy Union Jack number? Or was it before him and he COPIED HER!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Also with the whole “you’ll never believe that a foul-mouthed teen mum stole my wallet” saga... wasn’t the entire basis of her ADHD doctor-shopping diagnosis her inability to keep hold of a set of keys or pair of glasses? Hence the gushing over the hideous neon #gifted Tiggy + Bo bag because it had compartments for things which meant she’d never lose anything again!

Funny how when she needs an excuse for her incompetence it’s severe ADHD but when she loses something and can plaster the blame on a young mother in a Wetherspoons who doesn’t meet her middle-class expectations of decorum it must have been a theft.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Also with the whole “you’ll never believe that a foul-mouthed teen mum stole my wallet” saga... wasn’t the entire basis of her ADHD doctor-shopping diagnosis her inability to keep hold of a set of keys or pair of glasses? Hence the gushing over the hideous neon #gifted Tiggy + Bo bag because it had compartments for things which meant she’d never lose anything again!

Funny how when she needs an excuse for her incompetence it’s severe ADHD but when she loses something and can plaster the blame on a young mother in a Wetherspoons who doesn’t meet her middle-class expectations of decorum it must have been a theft.
If you read the thread, she has absolutely no evidence that the wallet even went missing from the pub, yet she's so eager to point the finger at this person. I do believe the woman was 'commoner' than Jack and Jack's barely concealed fear and hatred of her stems from that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Christ, she's thick as tit, isn't she? Anybody under the influence of anything is more of a risk to everybody else - and then giving a homeless guy cash for a hostel? They're free - that's one of the standard 'Scuse me, have you got some money?' scams (Mr D used to deal with the hostels/service users), along with 'my kid is in the hospital' and 'I've locked myself out and I need train fare to get my spare key from my Mum'.
This is the sort of thing that grinds my goat, I've worked with homeless/housing/hostels and I've never ever heard of a hostel where you tip up with some money from jack monroe and get a bed for a few nights!
I think Jack is bordering on fraud and she should be held to account for it.
Essexgirl reckons her achilles heel will either be a TAX issue or a breach of contract.
I hope it's both.

Reactions: 38
The first week of DKL was Zoom because she 'had a cough' which later became 'sneezing' and 'hayfever'. She said she was shielding because of autoimmune disease. Which is a lie.
When she visited us in thread 31 she admitted she only thought she was immunocompromised and we were bullying her because she made a mistake.
Upside was we got to see her disgusting kitchen and inspired Matt to make his 'terrible' comment which was TV gold.
She ‘thought’ she was. I mean, don’t allow the lack of a diagnosis from a doctor to get in the way of deciding you have something which can really limit your life. duck sake.
Did she google it and self diagnose?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Imagine being in control of that many kids and still finding the time to skilfully lift a wallet 😂 Fagan would be most proud

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Also if there’s been 4 engagements has she moved in with 4 different women (and then out again when they’ve broken up). This sounds a very stable way to bring up a child.

• Sad
Reactions: 33
FDC3D812-64A7-492B-800D-C97BD7BF2D1E.jpeg

So this means that Louisa was the 4th engagement. I think we had her down as 3rd or am I remembering that wrong? I mean, who really gets their child into another engagement after three previous breakdowns of relationships. She’s so selfish and irresponsible.

Sorry, jinx @Lumpyspaceprincess

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Of her son is 10, she's moved 18 times, that's 202 days at each house. That seems unrealistic to me, but what do I know?
I also RENT so have moved quite a bit, but nearly all rental places give you a 12 month contract to begin with. Some places there's a six month break clause for if you hate the place, or the LL discovers you're growing weed/you've not paid rent etc. (useful for when we had drug dealer neighbours so needed to move sharpish!) But yeah there's no way she's done 18 moves. Even if she was some nightmare tenant the eviction process would take months.

She seems obsessed with the idea of owning a home without a mortgage. I'm guessing she's got the means to save up enough to buy, but has absolutely fucked her credit so knows that no lender will be interested. I'm self-employed and trying to save a deposit and it's tough, because I'll need about 30%, but there are options.

If you read the thread, she has absolutely no evidence that the wallet even went missing from the pub, yet she's so eager to point the finger at this person. I do believe the woman was 'commoner' than Jack and Jack's barely concealed fear and hatred of her stems from that.
She writes as if her only experience of working class people is watching Shameless.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I think that actually in early pandemic days when no one knew what was happening it was OK to be confused. At work some staff had letters off their GPs, some didn’t, there was a lack of clarity about pregnancy etc. So it would normally be fine for people to say ‘I thought I was but GP confirmed I wasn’t’. It’s just that as ever with Jack it’s a stupid inconsistency and most of us now think they’re lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.