Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Great comment underneath it from our favourite viggle:

View attachment 413153

I’m sorry for this shameless schadenfreude but I’m really pleased that Jack wasted a whole day that she could have been writing her crappy book to film the Linda Mc horse-testicle-on-mush recipe that they can’t even use because the vegans dislike her so much.

I initially misread (I have an ouchy head) but Jack will forever be known in my smol maverick brain as Jack 'cheap meat' Monroe

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She got scared by youngsters at a festival. They were dancing in a dance tent. 🤷‍♂️

She is 32 not 72 for goodness sake. Most people my age are more tolerant than her. Strange thing is, she expects tolerance off everyone else towards her though.

Oh yes, the stab vest at Glasto and the young'uns dancing (she was well under 30 herself at the time!) were scary. She's on another planet.

I had my son at the same age as she did, 16 years ago. I managed not to turn into an old lady. I didn't have the same experience through my 20's that my friends did but I didn't totally lose touch with what was going on around me.

I went with my mum to T in the Park and she didn't need a stab vest, she had an absolute blast and could have shown the young 'uns a thing or two.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
In 2016 he’d apparently moved house 18 times. Yeah, right! He’d had to have moved every four months over that six year period.
0215D3E8-56E9-48FE-817A-4408E822BAF7.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
She got scared by youngsters at a festival. They were dancing in a dance tent. 🤷‍♂️

She is 32 not 72 for goodness sake. Most people my age are more tolerant than her. Strange thing is, she expects tolerance off everyone else towards her though.
She was actually 26 at that festival! Even worse! She's terrified of normal people. It's so funny to know all of this while comparing it to the butch, no-nonsense righteous warrior she likes to present herself as.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Oh yes, the stab vest at Glasto and the young'uns dancing (she was well under 30 herself at the time!) were scary. She's on another planet.

I had my son at the same age as she did, 16 years ago. I managed not to turn into an old lady. I didn't have the same experience through my 20's that my friends did but I didn't totally lose touch with what was going on around me.

I went with my mum to T in the Park and she didn't need a stab vest, she had an absolute blast and could have shown the young 'uns a thing or two.
I always assumed that a majority of the people at big music festivals were middle-class anyway - they're not cheap, these days!

Reactions: 41
Trying to imagine Jack's horror if she ever witnessed the scenes at T in the Park lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Trying to imagine Jack's horror if she ever witnessed the scenes at T in the Park lol.
Once you've had someone pissing on your tent at three in the morning, everything else seems a bit tame eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Once you've had someone pissing on your tent at three in the morning, everything else seems a bit tame eh?
Rolling up to the festival at 11am on the Friday only to find it like Night of the Living Dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
There's a Mumsnet thread about the DKL stuff, and it's amazing but someone mentioned Jack doing a Zoom call on-air because she was 'immunocompromised' - anyone got any evidence for this? Would be hilarious if she'd said that considering she was live on the show a few times (and the chips run??)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Has she moved house with her son 18 times though? Has this ever been proved? Or has she just moved a lot, and then less with her child?

Reactions: 21
Does anyone else suspect these characters in these tall tales do exist, but Jack as centre of the universe perceives they’ve somehow slighted her (not smiled back, not laughed at a joke she told them, etc) so she invents this huge tall tale to garner the sympathy she needs to recover from it? I don’t know if that makes sense but it’s something I’ve spotted in “my Jack”

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
There's a Mumsnet thread about the DKL stuff, and it's amazing but someone mentioned Jack doing a Zoom call on-air because she was 'immunocompromised' - anyone got any evidence for this? Would be hilarious if she'd said that considering she was live on the show a few times (and the chips run??)
March 27th 2020:

Screenshot_20200327-140027_1.jpg

Screenshot_20200327-140048.jpg

(This was deleted from Instagram)

Thread #1. Screenshot from @Catwinky.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Let us not forget that she felt she needed a bleeping stab vest to brave the horrors of the Leftfield stage at Glasto. Seeing as no fucker that's working class can even afford the bastarding tickets for that, she thought she was at risk of being rushed by some stoned Trustafarians and blokes who dragged their children along in fishing carts.
Glasto certainly isn't what it used to be like back in the day. I've been a couple of times and have felt really safe there. The best thing about it is...it's outside. If you feel unsafe around someone or something you can literally just walk away!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.