Jack Monroe #144 The man from Strictly, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pearl-clutching middle class person being terrified at the sight of someone not behaving in the genteel way which she's accustomed to.
She got scared by youngsters at a festival. They were dancing in a dance tent. 🤷‍♂️

She is 32 not 72 for goodness sake. Most people my age are more tolerant than her. Strange thing is, she expects tolerance off everyone else towards her though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
That, apart from it tasting absolutely bleeping disgusting, there's now greenwashing sustainable Palm Oil instead of all of it contributing towards dead Orangutans and the option for Palm Oil free stuff. They made it a thing manufacturers and marketers need to be aware of just as vegetarians, long before them, started with free range eggs rather than battery cages.

Mr D used to do the placements and payments. All free, whether in receipt of benefits or not. Oh, and then be approached in the street on the way home by people who he had sorted the free places out for, asking him for shelter money and bus fare to 'go and meet my tenancy officer two train rides away' when they were 250 yards from the council offices where he'd given them the details two days ago.
Its not the information I have. https://sheltercymru.org.uk/get-adv...tels will accept,to pay for the accommodation.

Reactions: 4

Maybe it's different in Wales? We're in England. It's different to B&B accommodation/domestic violence refuges, as they have different arrangements, but the ones that literally take people off the street, the clients don't have to pay a thing. And certainly not the equivalent of a ten pound bag that the local ones always happen to need.

Reactions: 9
She got scared by youngsters at a festival. They were dancing in a dance tent. 🤷‍♂️

She is 32 not 72 for goodness sake. Most people my age are more tolerant than her. Strange thing is, she expects tolerance off everyone else towards her though.
I think she honestly sees everyone who's not boot-lickingly nice to her as a threat 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 32
In my old job we directed service users to the various homeless units/ shelter in the city. They may have seemed ‘free’ to the user but payment for staying was collected from housing benefits if applicable (which it always was)

Reactions: 15

Let us not forget that she felt she needed a bleeping stab vest to brave the horrors of the Leftfield stage at Glasto. Seeing as no fucker that's working class can even afford the bastarding tickets for that, she thought she was at risk of being rushed by some stoned Trustafarians and blokes who dragged their children along in fishing carts.

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Maybe it's different in Wales? We're in England. It's different to B&B accommodation/domestic violence refuges, as they have different arrangements, but the ones that literally take people off the street, the clients don't have to pay a thing. And certainly not the equivalent of a ten pound bag that the local ones always happen to need.
Yes, shelter accom usually free, as far as I know. Such as those provided by church networks, but hostels, i.e. getting off the street on a more permanent basis, have to be paid for. The Welsh link was the first one I came across, same in England. What I don't know is if there is any statutory provision for overnight shelter, I would guess not, as they are provided churches, voluntary groups.

Reactions: 11
That, apart from it tasting absolutely bleeping disgusting, there's now greenwashing sustainable Palm Oil instead of all of it contributing towards dead Orangutans and the option for Palm Oil free stuff. They made it a thing manufacturers and marketers need to be aware of just as vegetarians, long before them, started with free range eggs rather than battery cages.
Ah ok thanks, do you mean Linda McCartney?

Palm oil is difficult, because it produces more oil per acre than any other crop, so palm oil in itself is actually very efficient and not the problem. If coconut oil or another alternative became equally popular, they would start to be grown en masse in the rainforests instead, and that would be the new problem.

Also, people only see it when it's listed as an ingredient, but most palm oil is used to make many of the most common ingredients that are found in almost all toiletaries, and also cleaning products. It's possible to avoid it, but you have to buy niche toiletaries and cleaning products. (Bio-D is a good cleaning product company. )Plus, 10% of the world's palm kernels (the outside of the fruit) are fed to UK dairy cattle.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
In my old job we directed service users to the various homeless units/ shelter in the city. They may have seemed ‘free’ to the user but payment for staying was collected from housing benefits if applicable (which it always was)
Yup. That was one of Mr D's jobs. Getting them in there and then arranging the payments. Doesn't take away from the fact that she gave somebody homeless/begging (as they were by the station, it's highly likely to be a street beggar) a can of drink from her bag (bet it wasn't Pepsi Max) and enough money to kill himself overnight.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Del Monte must be twisting her nuts about producing something for them. She's fobbed them off with her book deadline stuff and has promised them she'll be 'on it' as soon as that's up. I'm sure they're glad they hired her!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Del Monte must be twisting her nuts about producing something for them. She's fobbed them off with her book deadline stuff and has promised them she'll be 'on it' as soon as that's up. I'm sure they're glad they hired her!
and they haven't seen the recipes yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Just shows how she drops highly relevant details out of her dramatic statements. “My dog”! Erm. Not your dog though, is it? You’re dog sitting, fine, not your dog though. I just read that thread and her replies only. A few gems in there.

Reactions: 31
I'm forgetting the mandarin and parsnip peel Christmas creation.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.