Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That account on Insta gives me the same vibe as people not realising Clark Kent is Superman because he's removed his glasses.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Hi all. Long time lurker. Finally made an account because I’m bedridden with period pain and have duck all else to do.

Going back to a while ago and Jack's pride at coming 84th out of 2000 in her entrance exams to her grammar school. The school only has 1050 pupils aged 11-18, so presumably they only allow in 150 pupils per year.

So 84th out of the 150 who gained a place. Jack will have gone from being among the top academic performers in her primary school, to suddenly being very, very average in her grammar school. That must have been a huge shock to her system.

There’s research that shows praising children for being intelligent makes them fear failure, try less hard, and makes them compare how they “rank” with peers. They really don’t want to lose their “intelligent” label. (Instead, adults should praise children on their effort).

Jack’s eternal hatred towards her grammar school and her behaviour in general - fear of failure; hatred of criticism; wanting to one-up her peers; lack of effort/motivation - looks like that of a perennial child who is upset at losing the “intelligent” badge. That could explain coming in the top 5% and gaining a place at grammar school aged 11, to needing to be seen by an educational psychologist at age 12 (contrary to her claims, they only assess learning needs, and cannot even speculate on autism).

Then of course her much mentioned 4.5 GCSE’s (at grade C or above), and dropping out because of it. She’s still stuck on it, like she’s still stuck on boasting about being “diagnosed” as gifted and talented, and coming 84th in her entrance exam. Not to mention lying about having a degree, in her deleted blog.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
The assumption that anyone questioning Jack on Twitter or Instagram is a Tattle crossover is baffling to me.
We don't have the monopoly on realising she's a lying sack of shite!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Question.

Wth is Sarah’s day? She is getting all up in our most liked niche!!

I think this thread title and recap surely will make sure we top the charts again 😈🤍🥰
You guys would actually like the Sarah's day threads, she's launched a recpie app for something ridiculous like $15 aud for Jack level recipes 😆

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Do squiggles think that no one ever used a tin in cooking before Jack came along. I suspect most of them can’t actually cook at all.
I was using cambells Chicken soup as the basis of a casserole 30 bloody years ago. None of this is new.
‘kin hell 😂😆😂
‘I noticed Nigella wearing a pair of chinos, hope Mom is getting up in your niche without credit’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
The assumption that anyone questioning Jack on Twitter or Instagram is a Tattle crossover is baffling to me.
Most vegans I know don’t believe you can be anything but 100% vegan, absolutely no deviation. Her calling herself 90% is deeply offensive to them.
I’m probably 90% vegetarian but I don’t call myself that because I do eat bloody meat.
It’s a real trigger point for them. I unfortunately worked with a vegan who was constantly bleeping offended we also didn’t want to be vegan, she spent ages trying to convert us like a religion. Her trying to show that you can be 90% doesn’t work for them, it’s all or nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It's really great to see how many people have such a low opinion of her and to hear their entirely reasonable explanations for that low opinion. Sometimes it's easy to fall into Jack's gaslighting narrative so it's really a relief to know that things aren't going unnoticed by the wider public, and aren't just confined to us bullying ninnies.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Do squiggles think that no one ever used a tin in cooking before Jack came along. I suspect most of them can’t actually cook at all.
I was using cambells Chicken soup as the basis of a casserole 30 bloody years ago. None of this is new.
Is poor old Phil Vickery going to get it in the neck now? I wonder if he was OK and not too easily distracted by the bright shiney lights 🧐 Happens to most professionals actually.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Most vegans I know don’t believe you can be anything but 100% vegan, absolutely no deviation. Her calling herself 90% is deeply offensive to them.
I’m probably 90% vegetarian but I don’t call myself that because I do eat bloody meat.
It’s a real trigger point for them. I unfortunately worked with a vegan who was constantly bleeping offended we also didn’t want to be vegan, she spent ages trying to convert us like a religion. Her trying to show that you can be 90% doesn’t work for them, it’s all or nothing.
Not quite, it’s the use of the label “vegan” that is triggering. Being 90% plant based is welcomed. Calling it any proportion of vegan is not! Vegan is a belief, not a diet. You can’t 90% believe that animals are not for human use. You either believe it and act accordingly, or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
To anyone concerned about the title - it's a quote from a tweet she posted where she said one of her friends calls her an 'honorary Unt' (cross between aunt and uncle!)

Edit: forgot to add credit for the title in a very meta twist.
words - @Jack_M
nomination - @Boyo @ComeForTheX StayForTheY @Pixieboots and many others! Your prize is a conversation with Jack at the fruit machine.
View attachment 406824

Anyways I commissioned a very special blogger to do our recap for us I'm sure it's amazing:

View attachment 406820
Not gunna lie. Just went to look for Jack Monwoe to follow. 🥸

• Haha
Reactions: 38
You guys would actually like the Sarah's day threads, she's launched a recpie app for something ridiculous like $15 aud for Jack level recipes 😆

I’ve been meaning to tag you to let you know tattle got referenced in a book! People like her, it’s fab but reads like the authors defs spent time on here 👀

On topic: we must find a way of watching that YT vid that doesn’t pay her x

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I’ve been meaning to tag you to let you know tattle got referenced in a book! People like her, it’s fab but reads like the authors defs spent time on here 👀

On topic: we must find a way of watching that YT vid that doesn’t pay her x
Oh that's interesting, that'll be at least the second novel that mentions tattle. If it's complementary we could have it on the tattle book club 😆. Most of the national papers painted a pretty misleading picture of tattle - with the worst being the independent

You can watch YouTube vids on any of the invidious clones like https://invidious.fdn.fr/

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I guess the energy of the full moon couldn't stop Jack from wading into the Linda McCartney account. She's going to hoist herself by her own petard, I'm here for it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Hi all. Long time lurker. Finally made an account because I’m bedridden with period pain and have duck all else to do.

Going back to a while ago and Jack's pride at coming 84th out of 2000 in her entrance exams to her grammar school. The school only has 1050 pupils aged 11-18, so presumably they only allow in 150 pupils per year.

So 84th out of the 150 who gained a place. Jack will have gone from being among the top academic performers in her primary school, to suddenly being very, very average in her grammar school. That must have been a huge shock to her system.

There’s research that shows praising children for being intelligent makes them fear failure, try less hard, and makes them compare how they “rank” with peers. They really don’t want to lose their “intelligent” label. (Instead, adults should praise children on their effort).

Jack’s eternal hatred towards her grammar school and her behaviour in general - fear of failure; hatred of criticism; wanting to one-up her peers; lack of effort/motivation - looks like that of a perennial child who is upset at losing the “intelligent” badge. That could explain coming in the top 5% and gaining a place at grammar school aged 11, to needing to be seen by an educational psychologist at age 12 (contrary to her claims, they only assess learning needs, and cannot even speculate on autism).

Then of course her much mentioned 4.5 GCSE’s (at grade C or above), and dropping out because of it. She’s still stuck on it, like she’s still stuck on boasting about being “diagnosed” as gifted and talented, and coming 84th in her entrance exam. Not to mention lying about having a degree, in her deleted blog.
I think you make some good points about Jack and possible golden child syndrome?
She seems to me to have been (from the info available) a rather precocious strong willed child who resented having to share her parents attention with other foster children.
Yes other people have needs as well!
She does not seem to have ever accepted this (imo).
It doesn't seem as if she likes to share anything?
Love or time or attention or resources no its all me me me....

Really sorry to hear about your period pain i know how horrible that is it.❤
I have heard from some people on tattle life that maya massage is supposed to be good in alleviating pain?
Who knows but it could be worth a try if its pretty bad?
Good luck

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Never in a million years would anybody, least of all a chef, steal her slop

• Haha
Reactions: 30
There was a guy who won an Employment Tribunal for being sacked over his “religion, philosophy or belief” he was a vegan and opposed some environmental damage his company was doing I think.
To be fair as the wonderfully named newbie @Cunderthunt said, say you’re 90% plant based, not vegan. Vegan is more than what food you eat. You can’t eat “90% kosher food” then claim to be Jewish (although Jack probably would)

Edit 🥕🔪🔪🔪🔪to you auto carrot

Reactions: 47

Hi all, I’m also a long time lurker, I always thought I was the only one that felt that she rubbed me up the wrong way. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one that doesn’t believe the hype and crap that she says, for example I just can’t understand why she claims that she has little to no money and works 20 hours a day?? That’s just not possible.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.