Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do squiggles think that no one ever used a tin in cooking before Jack came along. I suspect most of them can’t actually cook at all.
I was using cambells Chicken soup as the basis of a casserole 30 bloody years ago. None of this is new.
They really are a strange bunch. What on earth do they think happened to all the tins on the supermarket shelves pre-Jack? Surely they must've used a tin at some point in their life?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I think we can guarantee that she won't be working with them again. Between this and her being blacklisted by Veganuary, I doubt any vegan company would go into partnership with her again.

Now to work on the omnivorous companies...
Butcher Jack? Mangling meat like a maverick. Obviously, all meat is interchangeable and I've already found a Top Tip: 😀

1611840362435.png

Or Cultural Appropriation Cooking? She's already ventured into this territory and there's lots of groups to alienate. Stop Getting Food Wrong! springs to mind. ;)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Butcher Jack? Mangling meat like a maverick. Obviously, all meat is interchangeable and I've already found a Top Tip: 😀

View attachment 406980

Or Cultural Appropriation Cooking? She's already ventured into this territory and there's lots of groups to alienate. Stop Getting Food Wrong! springs to mind. ;)
Oh god, what if this vegan backlash makes her do a full 180C turn, and we end up with full-on carnivore Jack? Keto on a Bootstrap coming soon!

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Oh that's interesting, that'll be at least the second novel that mentions tattle. If it's complementary we could have it on the tattle book club 😆. Most of the national papers painted a pretty misleading picture of tattle - with the worst being the independent

You can watch YouTube vids on any of the invidious clones like https://invidious.fdn.fr/
It would defs be an amazing book club choice, anyone that’s posted on a thread or felt cynical about influencers would enjoy it. It would need a TW about child loss though, and the authors are ex journos! Hopefully this’ll inspire our lazy comrades down at the Scotsman to get writing a lil summin about Jack 😫

Yessss to that link too, can’t wait to see what slop’s been pulverised amongst a back drop of largely dead/dying plants 🙌🏻

Reactions: 21
Oh god, what if this vegan backlash makes her do a full 180C turn, and we end up with full-on carnivore Jack? Keto on a Bootstrap coming soon!
She's way too cheap to be spending any kind of money on meat. Keto on a Bootstrap would mainly be Spam, corned beef, and tins of stewed steak, as well as those eyelid sausages SB just loves so much.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Ah, Ladbaby on Steph's pack lunch talking about Foodbanks.
He's made a little film. Talks about how he and his family used them which is why they've been raising money for Trussel Trust. Everything those god awful Christmas songs all made they handed over to charity.
The film was short and sweet and he only mentioned his time 'in poverty' in maybe 2 or 3 sentences. Both he and his wife said how grateful they were and how pleased they were to now be in a position to help others.
Really sweet and humble.
Never made it about him and didn't mention selling lightbulbs.
Jack be fewmin

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Welcome to @Wonderalice6 and @Cunderthunt please do take a seat And let us know the story of when you realised she was full of lard?
Thankyou 💛 (wish I had a white heart!) I first heard of her when an ex-friend of mine, who became a vegan hater after we fell out (which was nothing whatsoever to do with veganism and she was never hateful before), started tweeting and retweeting supportively about Jack Monroe during Veganuary either 2020 or 2019. It was about Jack not being “fully” vegan any more and Ex-Friend’s tweets/retweets were intended to make vegans and veganism look ridiculous and unreasonable, while Jack was the saintly, harassed non-vegan-but-quite-plant-based good person (my friend values flexitarianism).

So as a vegan my opinion of Jack was low from the start. I also noticed Ex-Friend tweeting positively about her in general and praising her.

I didn’t look into Jack too much until a few months ago, and was astounded to learn that she was supposed to be working class because that’s not how she came across to me at all.

It’s worth mentioning that Ex-Friend is fantastically middle class. She eats all kinds of poncy food and tweets endlessly about it. She loves Waitrose. All her family are academics/professionals and have degrees. Her dad recently bought her a £345000 house! Yet she’s the type to call vegans “privileged” and follow Jack Monroe as if she’s a saviour of the poors.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Keto on a Bootstrap 😨 please, if there is a benevolent God, no.

Bulletproof coffee made with lard instead of butter 😨

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
Keto on a Bootstrap 😨 please, if there is a benevolent God, no.

Bulletproof coffee made with lard instead of butter 😨
She doesn't drink coffee*, so...a mug of warm lard. 😋😋

Ironically, imagining Keto Jack makes me want to dabble in veganism far more than Vegan Jack ever did!

* at times

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Someone in the last thread asked about favourite lies, but I can't quote it now. I want more people to join in. Mine is that she'd never had a cat before when she used to talk about her cats by name in her blog.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Welcome to @Wonderalice6 and @Cunderthunt please do take a seat And let us know the story of when you realised she was full of lard?
I don’t know the exact moment but I remember years and years ago she was in a tv advert for Samsung which I can imagine she got quite a nice payment for (although she does everything for free apparently) that was her first strike.
I find the fact that she was living in poverty with her family living down the road a little unbelievable. She went to a private school ( not sure if that is quite right so please correct me) it just seems massively exaggerated

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Hmmm favourite lie...

Got to be that she was expelled. I was lurking during that chaos. I just adored how she noticed her mum would read it, immediately made up another lie about the school never telling her parents, then quickly deleted the lot.

It’s my favourite because it was so ill-thought out, transparent and absurd.

I’m sure there are superior lies from before my time 💛

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
All that tat is probably not destined for the bin, it will doubtless be repurposed into Jack's outstanding craftwork.
FRAUS!! I read last year somewhere that people sell (🤢) used loo roll tubes for crafting so maybe the separate bin for them is for that purpose! So I went straight to eBay and had a good chuckle at how many people of flogging them. I thought I may have 🔺cackie’s eBay account as I found a huge pile of them for sale and these in the seller’s other items 😂😂😂

N.B the charity benefitting the sale of the tubes is PETA

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Ah, Ladbaby on Steph's pack lunch talking about Foodbanks.
He's made a little film. Talks about how he and his family used them which is why they've been raising money for Trussel Trust. Everything those god awful Christmas songs all made they handed over to charity.
The film was short and sweet and he only mentioned his time 'in poverty' in maybe 2 or 3 sentences. Both he and his wife said how grateful they were and how pleased they were to now be in a position to help others.
Really sweet and humble.
Never made it about him and didn't mention selling lightbulbs.
Jack be fewmin
I saw them talking about this yesterday too and felt they really came across brilliantly- elevating other people’s experiences of using food banks NOW as opposed to eleventy years ago.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
.....So 84th out of the 150 who gained a place. Jack will have gone from being among the top academic performers in her primary school, to suddenly being very, very average in her grammar school. That must have been a huge shock to her system.
I went to same school as Jack though a good few years before her. You have really hit the nail on the head here .. and I can attest to the fact that being incredibly average at that grammar school leaves you feeling .... a little bit tit about yourself. That school especially only wanted the high achievers and I was made to feel very very average. Whereas actually I have since gained a first class degree and am actually a bit of a swot/ bookworm. I surprised myself by doing really well in my English language GCSE and also my teacher who was incredibly dismissive of me.
hope you feel better by the way!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Lads lads you know that no-mates-IG account that peeked out all suspiciously? It’s been tagging then deleting
This from prominent Viggle
9795EF46-451C-47A5-B7A7-16B496202397.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
I don't think the suspicious account is Jack. There's a Twitter account with the same name that follows a lot of food brand/vegan accounts and some Liverpool players. Whilst there is a complaint to a train company on there(!) it just doesn't sound like Jack to me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.