Jack Monroe #142 Honorary Unt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was catching up on the last thread and wondered why I couldn't quote any of the posts before I realised we reached capacity for the posts! I thought Tattle had broken but, alas, I was so engrossed in reading that I forgot to put my thinking cap on 🤭

Re Jack's filming in the kitchen: Yes, it takes a lot of work BUT considering this is her job and she would definitely be able to contact her peers or people who can give advice/knowledge, it should not be that difficult. It just screams of building an outsider narrative. It's exhausting because she's desperate for all the media gigs going because she thinks she's so fantastic and worthy of the screen time yet puts on the novice act EVERY TIME. With the level of exposure she's had, it's embarrassing.

Also, what's with all of those bins? The stickers as well (!) As has already been pointed out: why do you need to label your elaborate system if it's just you and SB? Besides, drawing on my experience of living in different parts of the country, most councils will have a general waste bin then the glass recycling and then the paper recycling (and compost, if you request a bin from the council). You don't need 1,000,000 different subdivisions of the bin if it can be sorted into 3-4 general categories and just put straight into the relevant bin!?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Also, what's with all of those bins? The stickers as well (!) As has already been pointed out: why do you need to label your elaborate system if it's just you and SB? Besides, drawing on my experience of living in different parts of the country, most councils will have a general waste bin then the glass recycling and then the paper recycling (and compost, if you request a bin from the council). You don't need 1,000,000 different subdivisions of the bin if it can be sorted into 3-4 general categories and just put straight into the relevant bin!?
All that tat is probably not destined for the bin, it will doubtless be repurposed into Jack's outstanding craftwork.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I have just seen that.

Other brands have got it wrong in the past too (Rude Health being a case in point) and made a big point about apologising. In fact, I think their mistake was bigger and had greater ramifications for the plant-based community.

The longer this goes on, the more likely it is that nothing will happen and she will emerge wiped-clean of any wrong-doing. Infuriating.
I'm convinced she blackmailed them into a 'partnership' because of the blue plastic in the sausage incident.
They will let her do her recipes to honour whatever agreement they have come to, then put out a statement distancing themselves and remove her crappy content.

Reactions: 33
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
There's 2 new posts under the latest Linda video. Questioning the negativity and asking why they aren't questioning other companies like Quorn.
The account is brand new, no posts and only follows 3 accounts (Linda, Quorn and some chef/restaurant)
I call sock puppet.
Just had a nose - that's got to be Mrs Tweeton and yet another sock puppet account - she'll have been told to button it and not respond to any negative comments and this is her way of doing it - it's directed straight at the viggle who has been most vocal too.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
I'm convinced she blackmailed them into a 'partnership' because of the blue plastic in the sausage incident.
They will let her do her recipes to honour whatever agreement they have come to, then put out a statement distancing themselves and remove her crappy content.
I think we can guarantee that she won't be working with them again. Between this and her being blacklisted by Veganuary, I doubt any vegan company would go into partnership with her again.

Now to work on the omnivorous companies...

• Haha
Reactions: 45
It's well known that narcs can never have their image tarnished so I completely believe that this could be a sock puppet account. Nobody will defend Jack as much as Jack.

Reactions: 51
It's well known that narcs can never have their image tarnished so I completely believe that this could be a sock puppet account. Nobody will defend Jack as much as Jack.
Especially because her "minions" tend to exist in the Twitter sphere unless she unleashes them and she's made not effort tl direct them over the Linda IG...

Reactions: 41
Especially because her "minions" tend to exist in the Twitter sphere unless she unleashes them and she's made not effort tl direct them over the Linda IG...
Yeah you can see them defending her on her own insta but why would they even be looking at comments on Linda McCartney's newest post, which as absolutely nothing to do with Jack?
ETA not a single 'like' for either comment, must be killing her if indeed it is her.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The Viggles have called out the sock puppet account. One actually calls her 'Jack'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Just desperately tagging in vegan accounts in the hope that someone will stand up for her 😂

Screen Shot 2021-01-28 at 12.40.49.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Veganuary won't help you Jack...
In fact the only thing this will do is draw attention to the shitshow that is the Linda / Jack collab, and put other companies off the idea of working with her in the future 👍

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I'm only surprised she was able to resist this long, considering how in her Guardian days even the slightest dissent BTL would result in her wading in to deliver (as she saw it) withering putdowns to the plebs who dared not to recognise her genius.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I’m very surprised she lasted almost 2 weeks without responding to the Linda McCartney comments!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Definitely smells like a rotten old sock over on IG. I'm not even vegan, and absolutely cheering the viggles on. They'll go absolutely crazy if it turns out she did make a video for the Linda McCartney thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
There's 2 new posts under the latest Linda video. Questioning the negativity and asking why they aren't questioning other companies like Quorn.
The account is brand new, no posts and only follows 3 accounts (Linda, Quorn and some chef/restaurant)
I call sock puppet.
Very curious, also what a odd comment for that sock puppet account to make!

Sure other companies also have dodgy practices but right now people are focusing on Linda McCartney foods and for very good reason!

Other companies being crap is not an excuse/reason to stop scrutinising the mess that is Linda McCartney Foods paying someone who makes a point of eating and praising low welfare meat to promote their brand.

If that weird, new account is actually Jack then she really isn't as smart as she thinks she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Cripes. The angry vegan with a large following is really going for it on her own IG. Nearly 100 replies agreeing.
Interestingly I haven't seen one yet with a seeming Tattle cross over ie it really seems to be about the book Veganish for money then turning her back on it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
If that weird, new account is actually Jack then she really isn't as smart as she thinks she is.
She really isn't smart, she only gets away with stuff because nobody looks closely enough.

She thinks she is clever. In actual fact, she is really quite thick.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.