Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ffs stop going on about Cameron. He's highly unlikely to be anything to do with this.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Jeremy Corbyn - not that long ago she was doing her breaking news thing about him being suspended from the labour party? Obviously all the receipts will be on here.

Also annoyed at her doing the home school martyr act. Yesterday SB was having to parent her :(

I sense dino naps.
lest we forget her solidarity tweet in hebrew

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I’m Grunka-ing again but came into real time in case this thread closed before I caught up 😩.

Anyway. I know we’ve said it before but the nasty, rude, judgemental, untruthful persona she has on Twitter has been proven again to be fine when she can delete the responses and control the narrative but not so great when you have people there who can and will call you out.

Piers Morgan asked her if she had got to the bottom of why the box debacle had happened and she uhm-ed and ahh-ed and stuttered before saying she had and she hadn’t, it was something to do with money but she didn’t want to say it “in case she was sued”. Kevin Maguire from the Mirror was also on and he said outright it was all to do with profit, without hesitation.

Andrew Pearce from the Daily Fail said that he thought the Government thought if vouchers were not given out because people were buying the wrong thing. She was sickeningly nice while explaining the vouchers were age restricted so they “couldn’t even by a vegetable peeler”. Far cry from her Twitter response if it had been suggested there.

Piers Morgan wasn’t interested in her at all really which I think would have maddened her 😂

Mouthy, arsey people are annoying and quite often horrible but it can be a wee bit more tolerable if they stand by what they say and have the same persona all the time. So many people would have seen her over the last couple of days and thought that couldn’t possibly be the Twitter mouthpiece.

Oh and she said she’d been up all night talking to parents through her Twitter DMs. I quite like that the original recipient of the lunch box put homeschooling her kids before talking to Sky News....
THe original recipient, Roadmum, called in on BBC Breakfast this morning, and it was wonderful to hear her calm yet deeply moving commentary. So glad they had her AND NOT JACK!

RM said that the expression on her child’s face fell when they realised that the meagre food she was photographing was lunch for the week, omg, 😩.

(I was truly dreading the appearance of the smol, angry, bodybuilding, fragile pixie, but now I know she was on the other side, lol!)

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Let's not forget that she has a big David Cameron headshot on her office wall.

I never thought I'd have much sympathy for the man, but honestly Dave, it may be restraining order time.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
The woman is a chameleon. In the past year I don’t think she’s looked the same in any photos. Each one is completely different. Truly amazing.

Many articulate Fraus have pointed out before all of her skinny fishing. For someone that is meant to be so woke and so understanding of ALL of the issues, she certainly is dangerous when it comes to body image. With the very posed selfies, face tuning and how many tweets just tonight about how skinny she was. It’s quite irresponsible.

I’ve said it before but I’m still amazed that absolutely no consequences came from her raising £68k for a Kickstarter and not delivering what was promised, making no apologies and dragging it all on for TWO YEARS.

Tattle has a bad rep and almost all the threads i take with a pinch of salt but the Jack Monroe threads just pretty much contain tweets from Jack Monroe that get deleted so she can change her narrative. There is solid evidence of her lies - it’s not hearsay it’s literal tweets from her own mouth that suddenly vanish. Not to mention that there are some extremely intelligent people on this thread that speak sense, are wonderfully supportive of others and have taught me a fair amount (especially around food banks). It’s so easy to cry bully and trolls (and honestly influencers etc probably do have them - we know people are quite crap) BUT you can’t call someone a bully/troll/gossip when all they are doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of your own words, collecting receipts of actions and quite rightly calling you out.
The bit in the spoiler of your post - I‘m so glad you said this. She’s doing a lot of other things at the moment that are even worse, but this is still damaging, and it’s important that it doesn’t get missed out amongst everything else.

There’s just so much to say isn’t there. I’ve just been quietly reading along, so grateful for all the knowledge, insight and intelligence here. I’m still stunned at her tweet to Marcus. As well as it being offensive (for reasons others have clearly explained), it shows once again that she’s too busy trying to ride his coattails to see what he’s actually about. If his name is being misused, his team will deal with it, HE deals with it, by talking to them, like an adult. He doesn’t NEED her jumping in saying “oh look at what they’re saying about you”, it’s SO disrespectful of her to think he does. I’m sorry I’m not explaining this very well, I just needed to get it off my chest.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
It's the unprofessional tweets for me, I just love em
Trouble is, usually she can delete them after and it's only ever us that remember they existed (with receipts of course 😏). But now, she's attracting all this attention she craves and many, many 👀 are watching and reading.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Yes I hadn't thought of that! CB adds another £82(?) a month. As for child support, I think I read that SBs dad doesn't pay child support in return for having SB half the week but idk
There was a Mumsnet post thought to be from the Dad's partner saying he paid maintenance and moved in with Jack to support her when he was a baby.
She's also stated he buys things for her (not least that plant she got at Christmas) and he brings things like the chip supper she posted.
I doubt she spends much on the boy. She was livid that he'd ripped/lost a coat and went on a Twitter rage about it. She took it as a personal insult despite it being a normal accident for a child. She sure as hell doesn't buy him books. The David Walliams rant showed she wasn't aware of what he was reading and included digs like 'He doesn't have it in THIS house' all aimed at the dad.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
It might well be the case that there is some corruption involved in the awarding of this contract, then again it might not. I hate to be a boring square but shouldn't we establish if there's any evidence to that effect. A far better line of attack might be questioning whether the private sector are the best people to be delivering school meals at all and that it might be more efficient and better for public health if it was carried out by the local authority instead rather than all these private contracts. Of course if Jack does have evidence of corruption then I'd suggest she tells a grown up rather than trying to break the story herself and making a complete arse of it. Also her obsession with failed PM and political irrelevance David Cameron is becoming alarming, the way she carries on about him you'd think he'd set up his shepherds hut in the back garden of the crappy bungalow.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Haven't been able to bring myself to watch the interviews in her kitchen. Amongst the expensive kitchen equipment and make up.....did anyone notice if the dust pan and brush have been taken down?? They were hanging over the work top the other day and I was :sick::sick::sick: (trivial I know but it freaked me out!! 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I'm sure I suggested that she paid off her rent until the end of the contract when she last got a lump sum payment. Council tax would have been a plan, too - if it's already been paid off for the year (because she missed two payment dates, at which point the entire year's falls due), then get some money in there for the coming year.

Not anybody else's bleeping problem if she didn't think 'Oh hang on, it's a real pinch to have to pay those when my income varies so much - if I clear them now, I won't have to worry about them again just after Christmas' and just went out buying chocolate, posting it internationally, getting new fillers, clothes and whatnots. Said from the point of view of somebody who nearly got evicted a couple of times due to benefit fuckups and did have bailiffs turn up for council tax once - I learned to always add a bit on top, whether just up to the nearest tenner when on benefits or more when I was working. That extra always gave me breathing space in case of sudden unemployment, erratic wages frequency/wages, illness, benefits stopping without warning (which happened several times) or maintenance being withheld because I'd offended him in some way (too many times to count). Because you don't duck about with rent or council tax. And, years later, I still do it - which was incredibly handy when the tit hit the fan for the two of us, as there was a month where I was in the last knockings of my overdraft after my salary had been paid and the rent hadn't been taken out yet; I could blob the rent because I'd got so far ahead in more stable times, it was covered. Which meant I could pay the council tax and eat.

Two bloody sideboards would have covered her rent this month. Her DKL/Hellmanns Five Figure Sum/Royalties/Newspaper Articles/Christmas Puff Pieces/Patreons would easily have covered it.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Wouldn't it be odd if, of all the terrible things she's done, disliking Jezza Corbyn is the thing that brings her down.

It's okay if she didn't rate him. But the problem is she was, as always, mouthing off about things she didn't understand. She just jumped on the bandwagon of Corbyn hate.

Now, instead of saying why she personally didn't support Corbyn, (or God forbid, ignoring the squiggles' criticism), she's pretending it didn't happen, and that she's a fan of him and bezzie mates. OWN your opinions Jack. Or it just makes you look like a clueless, ignorant flake.

Interesting that they believe her not supporting him was because it would have rendered her career redundant. I don't think her Jezza hate is that deep (she's not intelligent enough to be thinking that way), but they are bang on the money about how she personally benefits from poverty.
It's fascinating isn't it? Not sure I agree that anyone has to demonstrate loyalty to Corbyn before they get to campaign on this issue, but this backlash is getting to something fundamental about Jack, which is her lack of integrity and her endless jumping on a bandwagon.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Yes I hadn't thought of that! CB adds another £82(?) a month. As for child support, I think I read that SBs dad doesn't pay child support in return for having SB half the week but idk
You’re not eligible for child benefit if you earn over £55k per annum (I think? It may have gone up they were discussing it a bit ago).

The rent thing 🙄🙄🙄 give over she’d have upped the patreon game far before she let her bank balance drop that low

Reactions: 42
@MancBee - I just want to come round to yours for a cuppa, cake and a big natter. I always love your posts.
Thanks for the kind words.

I loved being gay in the 80's, might seem strange what with the homophobia, the anti gay policing and AIDs but there was a feeling of belonging to a community. A community that looked after itself. If you haven't seen Pose on BBC (amazing) do so, Manchester in the 80s had a similar vibe. There was one guy, Michelle worked on the club doors, looked a lot like Dianna Ross, he was a mother to all the kids thrown out on the streets. We looked after our own.

I think that is what Jack is missing, she would have loved to be part of the Gay community of the 80's. She doesn't seem to belong anywhere now, she hasn't got a Tribe. Back then, it didn't matter if you were a high flying lawyer, a TV star or an on your arse benefit claimant, we were all in it together, fighting for acceptance and equality.

She wants the lifestyle that she had with Allegra, and be part of that community, whilst also wanting to be a working class hero and part of that community. All the time she is a stay at home middle class mum with a cause. No different to those women of the 50's whose husbands went out to work, so they did charity work to fill thier time.

She would have revelled in the Gay activism back then, she missed out and she knows it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.