Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This tweet irritates me the most (in this nanosecond) and shows that Jack is not arsed if kids get fed, she wants to bash some cooperate folk! Isn’t the bleeping point, that you’re missing, about feeding kids, you twanker! 🤬
First we feed the people, well I say first but I mean once I've done my crap parody left act at the man.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
She spoke about those bikini pics on the Instagram Live with Vix. Jack said she thinks they're worth a 'fair whack'.

😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 72
Jack could really learn a thing or two from MR.. I hope he sees through her! He gets things done, behind the scenes with the right people and then updates people in a calm and factual way. Jack is just non stop hysteria but no action.. ranty, shouty, narcissist! Feel so sorry for her son, I’m guessing she hasn’t spoken a word to him in the last 48 hours.

• Sad
Reactions: 46
Where did the £30 cost originate from? Is this from the normal cost for having the meals in school? Whereby some of that will be the cost of paying the staff to cook the food etc?

like in a cafe a cup of tea costs £1 but in Jack monroe land the cost of a cup of tea is 2p because she works out the cost of a single tea bag.

Not defending the company here but they have their own staffing costs, if the £30 was directly given to the schools they would have to pay staff to shop and prepare them also.

I would love to know how she calculates her own work costs when she does her tax return (hopefully on time this year, you know like a good tax payer)

Reactions: 36
She spoke about those bikini pics on the Instagram Live with Vix. Jack said she thinks they're worth a 'fair whack'.

😬
Yeah my mates on the newsdesks say you'll get a five figure sum for a picture of a shameless hussy in a two piece bathing suit.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
It's a shame the sun done away with page 3 she could do a sell all.

Also the whole point of any of this is too feed kids. As far as I am aware the companies are sorting it s job done. It needs an eye kept on but why all the corrupt business conspiracies now. As long as Jimmy and Amy get a good hot meal daily as per requested by MR thats all that matters. I do hope the catering companies have also donated a few ££ to the right places.

Reactions: 23
To use Twitter vernacular that I am far too old to get away with, a la Mackie... we love to see it!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

I'm shamelessly sharing something I posted myself a few months ago. Even back in 2012 - that is to say, mid-poverty - Jack's story was a mess of contradictions. She claimed to have sold everything before the infamous yard sale in which she sold everything. She either did or didn't sell her son's bed. She apparently sold her iPhone twice. This is not a retrospective telling of events distorted by unreliable memory. This is her contradicting herself while the events were happening.

Poverty is not, and never has been, about her. She's a compulsive liar who hijacked a serious issue and made herself its acceptable public face. She's tried to hijack more issues since then - alcoholism, autism, trans, veganism...the list goes on. When she is given a platform, people with real stories to tell are ignored.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Yes I thought this! It’s ridiculously mean spirited and unfair to assume that the vouchers will always be abused, but it’s also very naive to assert that they never ever have been either. They’re not some kind of silver bullet.

I have a friend who bought her children coats with the vouchers. They needed them, she had the vouchers, and she had enough food that week. That was, IMO, a perfectly responsible and reasonable choice to make. It’s still categorically not what the vouchers were for, though. That means that yes, there is a chance they can be used for things other than lunches, and no not everyone will be so responsible.

Jack seems to think that the only research she needs to do is listening to her Twitter followers’ personal experiences. This is why she just shouts and stomps, she finds things that fit her narrative, discards the rest, and has no substance or evidence of anything she’s saying.

My school’s boxes are apparently wonderful, I’ve seen three different pictures of them. Nice fresh produce, more pasta, bread, and potatoes than my kids could eat in five days, and plenty of ingredients to make proper hot meals. To me it looked like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Has Jack come across any good ones at all? Has she asked? Or just being the ghoul that she is, as usual, looking only for some misery and negativity to ride on.
What she will never understand (and sadly she's not alone in this) is that misinformation will always hurt your cause. Instead of furiously tweeting, take a minute and get your facts straight. Acknowledge flaws, be realistic, be truthful. Or, alternatively, just be ANGRY or hollow husk or a zen mama or whatever else. She's truly awful. Clickbait personified.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
speaking of jezza, here's a nice screenshot of Jack at her absolute cuntiest
Sorry to be a head and to quote myself, but if her vocal anti-corbyn phase really was just due to a 'mental breakdown' then surely when Corbyn was suspended last year she would have been sure not to passively report it on twitter in a way that could be easily misconstrued? Perhaps she would have felt compelled to comment on it from a personal perspective? At least have the conviction to stand by your political stances, my god.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.