Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I call bullshit on the rent bouncing

So she apparently 'pays herself' £23000 a year (implying she actually has more money but this is the allowance she gives herself)

After tax that's about £1600 a month
Plus the minimum she gets from Patreon is £1200 a month*

So the bare minimum that she earns in a month is £2800~
And that's not including the higher tiers on Patreon or the money sent directly to her tip jar*

*Would she be taxed for Patreon and tip jar? I assume Patreon is business-like transaction so she should be taxed but the tip jar is just directly sending her money so I guess wouldn't?

Tons of people live comfortably on £3k a month. If she cant, then she's spending beyond her means.
Also need to factor in Child Benefit and support from SBs father, plus the fact he's not there 50% (or more).

Reactions: 37
Wouldn't it be odd if, of all the terrible things she's done, disliking Jezza Corbyn is the thing that brings her down.

It's okay if she didn't rate him. But the problem is she was, as always, mouthing off about things she didn't understand. She just jumped on the bandwagon of Corbyn hate.

Now, instead of saying why she personally didn't support Corbyn, (or God forbid, ignoring the squiggles' criticism), she's pretending it didn't happen, and that she's a fan of him and bezzie mates. OWN your opinions Jack. Or it just makes you look like a clueless, ignorant flake.

Interesting that they believe her not supporting him was because it would have rendered her career redundant. I don't think her Jezza hate is that deep (she's not intelligent enough to be thinking that way), but they are bang on the money about how she personally benefits from poverty.
She doesn't really believe in anything. All that happened with Corbyn is that she noticed a lot of centre left journos couldn't stand him and because she want's to be in with that set said she didn't like him either. With the heat dying down on that and a centrist leading the Labour party it's safe enough to claim that she actually liked Corbyn but said she didn't due to a mental breakdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Wow she is desperate for those bikini pics to be published isnt she? I'll break it to you gently Jack...nobody cares!

I think it's all well and good shes being an 'activist'( even though we all know it's about the fame) but I think its downright shocking that's shes not made sure she had enough money for her rent and let it bounce.

She goes on and on about how many homes SB has lived in and how she wants a forever hone but she cant even be arsed to be responsible for this home,

I hope it's just another grift and shes just attention seeking, but if not GET OFF TWITTER JACK and get your priorities straight, there are enough (better) people sorting out the school dinners you need to be concentrating on the child you've got!
But the Dino stress balls (plural) are a necessity! Rent? but I’m a famous smol pixie urchin I shouldn’t have to pay rent! Where’s the del Monte Linda McCartney money gone?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
This just shows her naïvety . I live on on one of the most socially deprived estates in the UK. People sell their vouchers for less than face value, or they buy goods they know they can sell. There's a lot of trading goes on on this estate, always has, always will.

They don't necessarily sell them for drugs, (but again naïve to think some don't) it might be because they have received a foodbank delivery and need the money for kids shoes, or a coat more than for food.

ETA why is she set on vouchers, surely she should be saying just give them the money. As I said, they mag need essentials such as underwear, pay the electric bill, or maybe they might want to buy a can opener. Ditch the bloody vouchers idea.

As an aside, if she's paying £120 a gram for crack, she's being overcharged. I know things are more expensive down south, but not that much! 😂
Yes I thought this! It’s ridiculously mean spirited and unfair to assume that the vouchers will always be abused, but it’s also very naive to assert that they never ever have been either. They’re not some kind of silver bullet.

I have a friend who bought her children coats with the vouchers. They needed them, she had the vouchers, and she had enough food that week. That was, IMO, a perfectly responsible and reasonable choice to make. It’s still categorically not what the vouchers were for, though. That means that yes, there is a chance they can be used for things other than lunches, and no not everyone will be so responsible.

Jack seems to think that the only research she needs to do is listening to her Twitter followers’ personal experiences. This is why she just shouts and stomps, she finds things that fit her narrative, discards the rest, and has no substance or evidence of anything she’s saying.

My school’s boxes are apparently wonderful, I’ve seen three different pictures of them. Nice fresh produce, more pasta, bread, and potatoes than my kids could eat in five days, and plenty of ingredients to make proper hot meals. To me it looked like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Has Jack come across any good ones at all? Has she asked? Or just being the ghoul that she is, as usual, looking only for some misery and negativity to ride on.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I’m now wondering if something has happened with Del Monte due to what @hydeist mentioned here, in a this post from Friday ⬇

“I'm still on a mini-grunk so forgive me if someone else has already mentioned it, but:

"Thank you for contacting us with your complaint about Del Monte Europe Ltd in association with Jack Monroe’s advertising.

We’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and, from the information we have, we think it likely to have breached the Advertising Codes (“the Codes”) that we administer. We are writing to let you know that we have taken steps to address this."”

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Fortunately, her GMB slot was mercifully brief.
I’m Grunka-ing again but came into real time in case this thread closed before I caught up 😩.

Anyway. I know we’ve said it before but the nasty, rude, judgemental, untruthful persona she has on Twitter has been proven again to be fine when she can delete the responses and control the narrative but not so great when you have people there who can and will call you out. So she’s polite and timid.

Piers Morgan asked her if she had got to the bottom of why the box debacle had happened and she uhm-ed and ahh-ed and stuttered before saying she had and she hadn’t, it was something to do with money but she didn’t want to say it “in case she was sued”. Kevin Maguire from the Mirror was also on and he said outright it was all to do with profit, without hesitation.

Andrew Pearce from the Daily Fail said that he thought the Government thought if vouchers were not given out because people were buying the wrong thing. She was sickeningly nice while explaining the vouchers were age restricted so they “couldn’t even by a vegetable peeler”. Far cry from her Twitter response if it had been suggested there.

Piers Morgan wasn’t interested in her at all really which I think would have maddened her 😂

Mouthy, arsey people are annoying and quite often horrible but it can be a wee bit more tolerable if they stand by what they say and have the same persona all the time. So many people would have seen her over the last couple of days and thought that couldn’t possibly be the Twitter mouthpiece.

Oh and she said she’d been up all night talking to parents through her Twitter DMs. I quite like that the original recipient of the lunch box put homeschooling her kids before talking to Sky News....

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Also need to factor in Child Benefit and support from SBs father, plus the fact he's not there 50% (or more).
Yes I hadn't thought of that! CB adds another £82(?) a month. As for child support, I think I read that SBs dad doesn't pay child support in return for having SB half the week but idk

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sorry if someone’s already said this, but she’s so patently desperate to get her racy/nudie shots out there! (And we all suspect the sudden appearance of DannyDogsDinner proffering pics on this forum back in the summer).

She is such a narc! Listen Jack, NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT, quite obviously! Particularly us Fraus/Herren who swiftly put the kibbosh on said DannyDD.

It hurts, but give it up, nudie Jack Monroe is not what the public want.
I used to work in a bar in the 80's, where I wore just white briefs. I was a gym bunny and had a body that I wish I had now. It was in the press at the time that the bar had men serving drinks in skimpy costume.

Have I ever mentioned it to anyone since? Not until now. Are there photos of me serving behind the bar almost naked? Probably yes. Would the press be interested today? No way.

What I am trying to say is, she's not the only one to have served behind the bar in a risqué costume. It is not anything the press are interested in, it is not the 1980's anymore.

Had she been on stage with a live sex show, that might be a different matter...........(not that I know anyone that's done that 😳)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Jeremy Corbyn - not that long ago she was doing her breaking news thing about him being suspended from the labour party? Obviously all the receipts will be on here.

Also annoyed at her doing the home school martyr act. Yesterday SB was having to parent her :(

I sense dino naps.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
I used to work in a bar in the 80's, where I wore just white briefs. I was a gym bunny and had a body that I wish I had now. It was in the press at the time that the bar had men serving drinks in skimpy costume.

Have I ever mentioned it to anyone since? Not until now. Are there photos of me serving behind the bar almost naked? Probably yes. Would the press be interested today? No way.

What I am trying to say is, she's not the only one to have served behind the bar in a risqué costume. It is not anything the press are interested in, it is not the 1980's anymore.

Had she been on stage with a live sex show, that might be a different matter...........(not that I know anyone that's done that 😳)
@MancBee - I just want to come round to yours for a cuppa, cake and a big natter. I always love your posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
so she's broken and home schooling, yet still mardily replying to squiggles, but there's a nice white heart for a blue ticker. 🥴

she's deleted the bikini tweet thank christ. the "i've never looked thinner" line was truly sickening

and of course the rent hasn't bounced. that was merely a tip jar rattle for the new followers

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Yes I thought this! It’s ridiculously mean spirited and unfair to assume that the vouchers will always be abused, but it’s also very naive to assert that they never ever have been either. They’re not some kind of silver bullet.

I have a friend who bought her children coats with the vouchers. They needed them, she had the vouchers, and she had enough food that week. That was, IMO, a perfectly responsible and reasonable choice to make. It’s still categorically not what the vouchers were for, though. That means that yes, there is a chance they can be used for things other than lunches, and no not everyone will be so responsible.

Jack seems to think that the only research she needs to do is listening to her Twitter followers’ personal experiences. This is why she just shouts and stomps, she finds things that fit her narrative, discards the rest, and has no substance or evidence of anything she’s saying.

My school’s boxes are apparently wonderful, I’ve seen three different pictures of them. Nice fresh produce, more pasta, bread, and potatoes than my kids could eat in five days, and plenty of ingredients to make proper hot meals. To me it looked like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Has Jack come across any good ones at all? Has she asked? Or just being the ghoul that she is, as usual, looking only for some misery and negativity to ride on.
It would be good if her to post any pictures etc of schools doing the right thing, good boxes etc. The primary school three of mine go to is fantastic. At Easter the headteacher delivered every child an egg, once a fortnight he and his teenage son and daughter delivered cereal, bagels, beans to every school child. No one opted in or out. It was breakfast food the school had got sponsorship for as every child gets breakfast for free at the school. December the 23rd he delivered for each child
2 loaves bread
Crumpets
Bagels
Apple juice
Orange juice
And four boxes cereal/porridge
Every child who was off school on Christmas party day got a party bag delivered to the doorstep.
we are lucky. We have a fantastic school and a headteacher who goes above and beyond.
I wishsome positives could be highlighted not just the bad

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Jack, stop with the linguistic cosplay. It's not cute, it renders your voice inauthentic, and it frequently crosses over into problematic.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.