Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god she's on the defense today. The big come down from the night before. I think I need to make the coffee IV today.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Too busy making bank from the poor . And if this is her, making the world a better place (check out the delusion of grandeur) - just imagine a world of 7 billion Monroe's, all of us spending our days screaming lies into a twitter void, begging each other for money and blaming any misfortune on our parents or partners... Some world.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I call bullshit on the rent bouncing

So she apparently 'pays herself' £23000 a year (implying she actually has more money but this is the allowance she gives herself)

After tax that's about £1600 a month
Plus the minimum she gets from Patreon is £1200 a month*

So the bare minimum that she earns in a month is £2800~
And that's not including the higher tiers on Patreon or the money sent directly to her tip jar*

*Would she be taxed for Patreon and tip jar? I assume Patreon is business-like transaction so she should be taxed but the tip jar is just directly sending her money so I guess wouldn't?

Tons of people live comfortably on £3k a month. If she cant, then she's spending beyond her means.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I know she’s said it a lot, but what does this “with dignity and agency” thing actually mean?

Sometimes she chucks in “with advocacy” for good measure, and although I understand all the words (GSCEs!!), I cant figure out if these are just buzzwords or they genuinely have a real life application here.
They are all part of the wonderful world of mackienory, where not only all ingredients are interchangeable, words are too, don’t know what it means? Doesn’t matter, bung it in anyway, correct context? Not important, makes sense? Who cares, she certainly doesn’t

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think it's very clear that a chaos will be occurring today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
This just shows her naïvety . I live on on one of the most socially deprived estates in the UK. People sell their vouchers for less than face value, or they buy goods they know they can sell. There's a lot of trading goes on on this estate, always has, always will.

They don't necessarily sell them for drugs, (but again naïve to think some don't) it might be because they have received a foodbank delivery and need the money for kids shoes, or a coat more than for food.

ETA why is she set on vouchers, surely she should be saying just give them the money. As I said, they may need essentials such as underwear, pay the electric bill, or maybe they might want to buy a can opener. Ditch the bloody vouchers idea.

As an aside, if she's paying £120 a gram for crack, she's being overcharged. I know things are more expensive down south, but not that much! 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
She’s a Tory. “Much as I don’t like agreeing with David Davis” yeah, whatever. She’s been playing into the Conservatives hands for months with the peformative £20 a week bullshit shops, whilst munching her way through Ocado deliveries.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
If ever a tweet summed up my issues with Jack's campaigning it's this. Only yesterday she was wanging on about hot food being sent out, ignoring all the practical issues setting that up would cause. Now it's bring back vouchers to the fore because she got a bit of push back. Before going off on one and appointing yourself as the leader of a campaign,it's worth deciding what your aim is. I'm also sick of her inserting her emotional state into everything, it's as irrelevant as informing everyone you've just been for a piss and a sandwich.

Reactions: 53
How disingenuous and inflammatory to screech about not being able to cut up a jacket potato and use it across five days 🙄

She knows. Anyone looking at even the meanest of those boxes knows, that the potatoes are for one lunchtime meal. Or does she think that everyone else just lobs in every ingredient in sight when they make food?

Yes, the parcels should be way better. Yes, someone high up is pocketing a load of profit. But get your facts straight, stop spouting about them being for 7 days or 10 days when they aren’t, stop bringing up irrelevant bullshit when there are actual valid points to be made about the whole thing.

And!! Stop rattling your bleeping tip jar! As if you can’t afford your rent you bleeping lying cretin! Ask Del Monte to pay for it, hun.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Sorry if someone’s already said this, but she’s so patently desperate to get her racy/nudie shots out there! (And we all suspect the sudden appearance of DannyDogsDinner proffering pics on this forum back in the summer).

She is such a narc! Listen Jack, NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT, quite obviously! Particularly us Fraus/Herren who swiftly put the kibbosh on said DannyDD.

It hurts, but give it up, nudie Jack Monroe is not what the public want.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Omg. I just love Marcus
I know it sounds pathetic but every time I (big, burly, bearded monster) watch a Rashford inspired video, it nearly brings tears to my eyes.. He just relentlessly pursues the end goal, which is to help disadvantaged children - then he thanks his mum, says he's just doing what she started by raising him and that if poor kids need a voice then it'll just have to be his. Unbelievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
She got a mention by The Guardian in their Instagram comments.

View attachment 386868
Yet she is still banging on about it being £30, with the supplier "pocketing the £25 left over". She is so dangerous with her misinformation and zero fact checking. I wish she'd leave it to the grown ups.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I certainly don't think a majority of people were abusing the vouchers, but it is possible. I receive a voucher, I sell it to a friend at face value, I use the cash to buy booze, fags or sideboards, depending on my vice of choice.

She's pretending that's impossible, which is absurd. Be realistic. Acknowledge there are potential flaws, but it's still a much better system. And don't start wittering on about lukewarm tupperwares that break almost as many food standards as those fingernails!

PS the man from Del Monte, he say I pay Jack plenty, she only spends twenty! Why the duck can't this useless bellend pay her rent, and where are the recipes?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I'm loving al the love for 'Caroline has hands' that keeps popping up. However, may I remind you that these are MY WORDS and it's MY STORY, so in future, please credit me. I've applied for the trademark.

Also, I've added @HarderFaster 's excellent history on Jack to the wiki.
Great work as ever 👍

Reactions: 22
Haven’t been on for a day and a half and it’s going to take some catching up!
a few things puzzling me, her food shopping pictures don’t show enough fruit and veg for sb for a week for all his meals, I know the hampers are tit that are being sent out that are for lunches but to hear her asking whether kids should only eat fruit two days a week etc really boiled me!
Also why are people on Twitter calling for DKL to come back as we need her on tv. Went well the first time. So well it’s banished from i player etc. Also her flying monkeys having a go at Jamie Oliver for helping with recipes again this lockdown!
im sorry but he does have ideas that can be made with basic things and not a bleeping rinsed bean in sight.
I apologise, young flutterbucket has been poorly past two days (prone to bad chest with his poorly heart) and I’m tired stressed and just needed a rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.