Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to be a head and to quote myself, but if her vocal anti-corbyn phase really was just due to a 'mental breakdown' then surely when Corbyn was suspended last year she would have been sure not to passively report it on twitter in a way that could be easily misconstrued? Perhaps she would have felt compelled to comment on it from a personal perspective? At least have the conviction to stand by your political stances, my god.
Sorry Blurst I must have missed this, but when and where did jack lay down that a breakdown was her reason for anti-Corbyn stuff? X

Reactions: 14
Where did the £30 cost originate from? Is this from the normal cost for having the meals in school? Whereby some of that will be the cost of paying the staff to cook the food etc?

like in a cafe a cup of tea costs £1 but in Jack monroe land the cost of a cup of tea is 2p because she works out the cost of a single tea bag.

Not defending the company here but they have their own staffing costs, if the £30 was directly given to the schools they would have to pay staff to shop and prepare them also.

I would love to know how she calculates her own work costs when she does her tax return (hopefully on time this year, you know like a good tax payer)
It comes from the vouchers they were giving out to replace school meals during the last lockdown. They were £30 for 10 days food. Jack has assumed that the £30 is now going direct to Chartwells because the idea of the government using hampers to mask a cut in spending is too far fetched to be entertained apparently.

I'm certainly annoyed at Chartwells for the low quality of their offerings to date and hope the pressure will be kept up on them to ensure they deliver something decent from now on. However they are a private company doing what private companies do and trying to maximise profit. A better debate might look at whether or not private companies should be delivering the service at all. In my view we should be looking at Finland did and treating school meals as part of maintaining public health, making them properly nutritionally balanced and free to everyone up to the age of 16. Whilst this would cost more up front, if as in Finland it's done alongside good quality home economics education it would allow for longer term savings to be made on the NHS. Still that's quite boring and nowhere near as much fun as screeching at folk on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Sorry Blurst I must have missed this, but when and where did jack lay down that a breakdown was her reason for anti-Corbyn stuff? X
Last night! Classic manipulation here. Scary. Squiggle was making a perfectly valid point and has no reason to feel guilty or responsible for Jack's emotional state.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Loads of blue tick type columnists, authors and journalists I follow are retweeting her with congratulations, now

We’re going to get some more cosplay today aren’t we, while the Twitter high lasts?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Gina, just in case you read here, all of what you are looking for is at the bottom right hand corner of the website. Contact numbers, cookie policy, terms and conditions, the lot.

Who are these people that are pushing their own agenda instead of keeping to the problem at hand? Feeding children that live below the poverty line should be front and centre, not whether Chartwell has a cookie policy on its website (it does)

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Oh dear.
This Morning (who couldn't fit Jack in today apparently) are talking about the food boxes.
Phil Vickery is on. He's taking the phone in on 'Lockdown cookery' which is where people on a low income can ask him how to cook on a minimum budget.

Somewhere in Southend a crappy bungalow has had a small explosion just happen...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Last night! Classic manipulation here. Scary. Squiggle was making a perfectly valid point and has no reason to feel guilty or responsible for Jack's emotional state.
bleeping hell. An ailment for every occasion. Someone must have bought her a nurses dictionary (very 60s thing we had at home) when she was 7! 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She spoke about those bikini pics on the Instagram Live with Vix. Jack said she thinks they're worth a 'fair whack'.

😬
Christ Almighty, with what the Sidebar of Shame offers every day and all of the 'gram to peruse for leggings testing by fitness models, nobody needs to see grainy 12 year old mobile phone pictures of somebody working in a bar or the posed for a photographer crap we've already seen.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She is irritating AF. She needs to fact check. “The majority of schools have shut their kitchens”
Not in my LA 🤷‍♀️ I believe we’re still issuing vouchers too but I will check in the governors meeting later this week.

She thinks she speaks for everyone, it’s super annoying.
I cannot believe she didn’t sleep last night and instead spent her time on Twitter. Really unhealthy behaviour.

Reactions: 37
Oh my god she's so grim. I didn't realise going through a stressful period of your life absolves you of everything and anything. I'll bear that in mind next time I want to chat tit about people.

There was a lot about Corbyn I disagreed with but I'd take him over Anna bloody Soubry. And I voted Labour and didn't spoil my vote or whatever the duck she did because it was the best chance of getting out of this austerity mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
This tweet irritates me the most (in this nanosecond) and shows that Jack is not arsed if kids get fed, she wants to bash some cooperate folk! Isn’t the bleeping point, that you’re missing, about feeding kids, you twanker! 🤬
You'd think that would be the point of priority for her (except that her only priority *is* her).

It's a strange thing, how against financial success (other people's, obv) she is. In this case, though, I think that because the firms are being paid by the government (so, by us), it's a legitimate, but secondary point, in respect of margins made.

Reactions: 14
View attachment 386988
Bet you a pound she’s not.

I work for an LA and the national FSM voucher scheme was confirmed to be coming back last week as an option in case schools can't offer a suitable food parcel. Why doesn't she take any time to get a single fact straight? My pre teen has a more professional attitude than she does. Truly baffling and the polar opposite (as has been said) to how MR conducts himself.

Reactions: 41
She's going to take credit for this and add it to her list of 'achievements' for ever more now. It'll be the " I invented Healthy Start vouchers" all over again 🙄. Prick.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.