Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You'd think that would be the point of priority for her (except that her only priority *is* her).

It's a strange thing, how against financial success (other people's, obv) she is. In this case, though, I think that because the firms are being paid by the government (so, by us), it's a legitimate, but secondary point, in respect of margins made.
She ought to be careful banging on about profit margins when we look at her charitable deeds: buy my book at full retail price and I'll donate it to a foodbank!

• Heart
Reactions: 51
To use Twitter vernacular that I am far too old to get away with, a la Mackie... we love to see it!

To use the same vernacular, I am LIVING for this! So, so delighted that the word is out.

___979-20d39c4ec252552421d6a3ce895f51b7.png

I hope someone reads her Mirror column, in which she describes GB as "our once great nation", and asks her - what period in history, exactly, are you talking about 🥴

And why is she STILL talking about Benefits Street and Jeremy Kyle? It's 2021 Jack fgs.

___985-756711cda361cb8196d9c127dbc65435.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Another person that doesn't understand child food poverty. He might be able to provide food in his kitchen in Peterborough, but to send that food across the country and feed all those kids would be logistically impossible from one kitchen. Take into account all the children's allergies, dietary requirements, religious food exclusions, children's likes and dislikes, the ability to reheat the food, ensuring reheating is done safely, hygiene standards in delivery,etc etc etc.

Another bandwagon jumper who thinks it is all so easy. We don't need another person telling us that they should be giving out food like lady bountiful to sate their own need to be seen as a saviour. We don't need a chef linking up with Jack to rinse the government, or a charity, out of money, whilst deriding companies for doing just that.

JUST GIVE PEOPLE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY THEIR OWN FOOD, FOR GOODNESS SAKE.
That same chef was crowd funding a big (ie few £k) mixer for his kitchen at the start of lockdown, so that he could produce more sourdough for the community. Unfollowed him at that point because I couldn't help but think that money could be better spent elsewhere and the locals could forego their artisan loaves.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh my God I think she's actually getting cancelled on leftist Twitter. I knew this day could potentially come if they ever picked up on her shite. The above account has 13k followers.

___989-0f2600992e8d8231e9710233486c3452.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
Oh dear.
This Morning (who couldn't fit Jack in today apparently) are talking about the food boxes.
Phil Vickery is on. He's taking the phone in on 'Lockdown cookery' which is where people on a low income can ask him how to cook on a minimum budget.

Somewhere in Southend a crappy bungalow has had a small explosion just happen...
I’m pretty sure I heard it as I live in the same area 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I know everyone’s really angry and fed up with her and everything but I found a toaster for £7.50 in Tesco last night.

Just thought you some of you might want to know as you could be under the impression that all toasters cost £80 and had “toast” written on them.

Unfunny interlude over and we can go back to being angry again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I call bullshit on the rent bouncing

So she apparently 'pays herself' £23000 a year (implying she actually has more money but this is the allowance she gives herself)

After tax that's about £1600 a month
Plus the minimum she gets from Patreon is £1200 a month*

So the bare minimum that she earns in a month is £2800~
And that's not including the higher tiers on Patreon or the money sent directly to her tip jar*

*Would she be taxed for Patreon and tip jar? I assume Patreon is business-like transaction so she should be taxed but the tip jar is just directly sending her money so I guess wouldn't?

Tons of people live comfortably on £3k a month. If she cant, then she's spending beyond her means.
Sorry if this has been answered both are counted as donations. Patreon you have to pay a fee to have their service. It's like 4p in every pound

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Are we going to get a selfie of her crying into the cat? If we are, I may just give up on the internet and move to Nauru.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Honestly can't wait to see what narc tactics she uses to try and worm her way out of this.

Reactions: 24
erm, where did she get the info that the vouchers are being reinstated? i mean, you'd expect a news report or something, wouldn't you? there's nothing on twitter, just her shouty tweet with all the congrats from people including actual journalists. who, like, you might also expect have some knowledge of a major news story 🥴 so weird

still, she's got the attention high now. can't wait for the thunderclap tomorrow. cos that's definitely happening, isnt it? (no)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Oh dear.
This Morning (who couldn't fit Jack in today apparently) are talking about the food boxes.
Phil Vickery is on. He's taking the phone in on 'Lockdown cookery' which is where people on a low income can ask him how to cook on a minimum budget.

Somewhere in Southend a crappy bungalow has had a small explosion just happen...
Lol, even funnier that she claimed that she was going to be on This Morning today. Phil Vickery just stole your life's work hun 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Well done to Marcus Rashford for all his ongoing work.

If that's the vouchers back, is Jack returning to being a thunderclap?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Thanks for the kind words.

I loved being gay in the 80's, might seem strange what with the homophobia, the anti gay policing and AIDs but there was a feeling of belonging to a community. A community that looked after itself. If you haven't seen Pose on BBC (amazing) do so, Manchester in the 80s had a similar vibe. There was one guy, Michelle worked on the club doors, looked a lot like Dianna Ross, he was a mother to all the kids thrown out on the streets. We looked after our own.

I think that is what Jack is missing, she would have loved to be part of the Gay community of the 80's. She doesn't seem to belong anywhere now, she hasn't got a Tribe. Back then, it didn't matter if you were a high flying lawyer, a TV star or an on your arse benefit claimant, we were all in it together, fighting for acceptance and equality.

She wants the lifestyle that she had with Allegra, and be part of that community, whilst also wanting to be a working class hero and part of that community. All the time she is a stay at home middle class mum with a cause. No different to those women of the 50's whose husbands went out to work, so they did charity work to fill thier time.

She would have revelled in the Gay activism back then, she missed out and she knows it.
I think the fact shes gay has came up the least. She has never seemed to face any hardships on account of being gay. Somewhere successful public figure doesnt really fit the narrative. She might get the odd dumb comment on twitter. But I doubt shes ever felt inequality

Reactions: 31
I'm failing to understand how JMs bounced rent ( sure Jan ) adds any clout to anything or why it needs to be communicated?
With all of the jobs/opportunities for paid work over the past 12 months and rent can't be paid?
It BS and clearly designed to secure donations from the uptake in followers.
Tattle isn't needed for the muckrakers to take an interest, JM is doing a great job of leaving a bread crumb trail.

Reactions: 39
Nothing about us, without us - she misappropriated this slogan yesterday.
So she is banging on about the vouchers, what about people who want a food parcel delivered and wanted it to be better quality, is she speaking on their behalf?

And yes, RM’s parcel was pathetic. But for 5 child lunches it was a cheese sandwich, frube or soreen and a piece of fruit with half a potato with spoon of beans or pasta in tomato and half a cheese slice, and a slice of cucumber/carrot which is possibly more than kids get in school right now I reckon, still tit if she has two kids though. Edit to add- that’s what no one has jumped on, this is what they would have more or less got at school.

I hate how she makes me all Tory but it’s the frothing at the mouth, spoiling for a fight, self appointed spokesperson that winds me up, she talks tit and it just damages the cause

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Just seen Boris has called Rashford. Why hasn’t he called Jack? 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.