Jack Monroe #132 Leader of the Slopposition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure I suggested that she paid off her rent until the end of the contract when she last got a lump sum payment. Council tax would have been a plan, too - if it's already been paid off for the year (because she missed two payment dates, at which point the entire year's falls due), then get some money in there for the coming year.

Not anybody else's bleeping problem if she didn't think 'Oh hang on, it's a real pinch to have to pay those when my income varies so much - if I clear them now, I won't have to worry about them again just after Christmas' and just went out buying chocolate, posting it internationally, getting new fillers, clothes and whatnots. Said from the point of view of somebody who nearly got evicted a couple of times due to benefit fuckups and did have bailiffs turn up for council tax once - I learned to always add a bit on top, whether just up to the nearest tenner when on benefits or more when I was working. That extra always gave me breathing space in case of sudden unemployment, erratic wages frequency/wages, illness, benefits stopping without warning (which happened several times) or maintenance being withheld because I'd offended him in some way (too many times to count). Because you don't duck about with rent or council tax. And, years later, I still do it - which was incredibly handy when the tit hit the fan for the two of us, as there was a month where I was in the last knockings of my overdraft after my salary had been paid and the rent hadn't been taken out yet; I could blob the rent because I'd got so far ahead in more stable times, it was covered. Which meant I could pay the council tax and eat.

Two bloody sideboards would have covered her rent this month. Her DKL/Hellmanns Five Figure Sum/Royalties/Newspaper Articles/Christmas Puff Pieces/Patreons would easily have covered it.
<delurks> Excellent advice here and JM could learn a lot from it. I do this too. I'm on UC as a carer and pay slightly over the rent amount so when I get my rent-free weeks I can use that money to pay off council tax and the water bills. It gives just that little extra in the weekly budget and takes away a lot of stress. <relurks. As you were :)>

• Heart
Reactions: 49
She ought to be careful banging on about profit margins when we look at her charitable deeds: buy my book at full retail price and I'll donate it to a foodbank!
You've just angered me all over again I forgot she did this. Used other people being charitable and buying her book to make herself look better. She didnt donate a penny yet took all the glory.
How she wasnt found out then

• Heart
Reactions: 50
The twitter left can be absolutely unbearable, but I am absolutely here for them gutting Jack like a (yellow sticker) fish.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
She gets away with so much appropriation, doesn't she? "Nothing about us without us" is a low, especially when at the same time she is grabbing the mic from marginalised people on an issue that does not affect her :(

PS. I hope to god she doesn't wheel out the mental health excuse for hating JC, as she has hinted. Just own your opinions ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Well of course, Jack is "politically difficult" because of her tattoos, accent and background.

Whereas Marcus Rashford, as we all know, is from a privileged background and went to Eton and then Oxford.

No wonder the PM is calling him instead.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
She ate a Big Mac out of a bin??.This tops all.her lies for me 🙄
Who buys a McDonald's and then throws it away? She's a liar, and her fantasies are getting more and more bizarre to back up an origin story that doesn't bear scrutiny.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Well of course, Jack is "politically difficult" because of her tattoos, accent and background.

Whereas Marcus Rashford, as we all know, is from a privileged background and went to Eton and then Oxford.

No wonder the PM is calling him instead.
But, but, but... her Grandad shopped at Aldi, smoked rollies and HE'S DEAD!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Last night! Classic manipulation here. Scary. Squiggle was making a perfectly valid point and has no reason to feel guilty or responsible for Jack's emotional state.
Having spent more time than I'd like explaining my mental heath symptoms to GPs I am more than slightly amused at the idea of sitting there rhyming off symptoms "well I'm not sleeping, I've lost interest in things, I don't like Jeremy Corbyn..." and the GP going "woah you don't like Corbyn- maximum dose for you".

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Just seen Boris has called Rashford. Why hasn’t he called Jack? 🤣
He's actually doing it the right way and talking to the people who are responsible and can make the changes. She's just a keyboard warrior.
I might go and put another nomination in the pride of Britain award for him and RM. They are both humble and looking after the children not going but WHAT ABOOUT ME.

She's is not doing a good thing she just wants attention and money.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Who buys a McDonald's and then throws it away? She's a liar, and her fantasies are getting more and more bizarre to back up her origin story.
It was probably her own bin. Not that that's any better than an outside one from DKL evidence.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
When I saw the bikini tweet, I was waiting for her to go 'I'm releasing these MYSELF so I can't be BULLIED by your smear campaign'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
To add one more thing - last night her article for the Mirror/Independent was circulating. She had promised to donate the fee to the Magic Breakfast.

Normally when a writer donates their fee, there's a line in italics at the end of the article stating this.

I must have missed it...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
The twitter left can be absolutely unbearable, but I am absolutely here for them gutting Jack like a (yellow sticker) fish.
Its so nice to see them pulling out the direct quotes from her as receipts - and that they’ve picked up on her not having voted in the Brexit ref!

• Wow
Reactions: 41
I think the fact shes gay has came up the least. She has never seemed to face any hardships on account of being gay. Somewhere successful public figure doesnt really fit the narrative. She might get the odd dumb comment on twitter. But I doubt shes ever felt inequality
Don't you know, in her own words she has lost jobs in the media because she is, and I quote "a loud mouth, tattooed, lezza". She has had untold abuse for being gay, or trans, or NB, though there is scant evidence of it anywhere.

Her failure to break into media has nothing to do with her being a liability and just generally awful, unprofessional and a difficult person to work with. No sir, it's because she's got tattoos and is a lesbian.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Almost like there is an agenda by Jack not to share the good ones. Twitter is brilliant today!
___039-c7246c91c804d067341fae8cd2f31d7a.jpg
___040-e3388cc685545b82ae91f41d6fa51a72.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.