Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blog post says the gofundme raised 30k which covered 6,500 books. £9 per book would cost £58k. This makes it under £5 per book.
Also we don’t know the terms of the book deal. Some pay an advance then you’d need to sell a million before you get royalties (so you really only get the advance as payment) fora shrewd author/agent with an idea of predicted sales you would have a tired approach advance + 7% per unit from sales after 10k sold.
Then there’s the question - is she selling them herself? Reading about bookshop.org the bookseller makes around 30% of RRP.
However the books were “sold” below rrp at around under £5 each.
Make it make sense!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Happy New Year to you wonderful bunch of fraus...you have been the highlight of my year online.

Here's to a better 2021 for the nation and the world eh?

Signing out now. Back for any chaos later.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Hello and greetings from the past! I've been catching up on this thread since October and was going to wait until I finished before saying anything but she's just done something that has really, really annoyed/upset me and I need to vent. For context I'm on thread 17 and it is May 24th. She's just either been gifted or purchased a fridge and a very heavy sideboard, Mrs J may or may not have left her, she's about to spend some time in a shed with Miguel Barclay and several tubs of mayo, and she's kicked a bloke on the train for sitting next to her.

She has also just tweeted that she hasn't eaten a single proper meal for 16 days and when someone mentioned her son she snipped at them that he eats three meals and two snacks a day and this is what has upset me.

I knew we were poor growing up. We were outsiders living in a council house in a tiny uper middle class village in the early 90s. There was a Happy Shopper but to get to anywhere cheaper it was a 7 mile walk (no car) each way to a small co-op in a nearby village on 60mph roads with no pavement/verge/lights. At the time my super childish concept of 'poor' was that we just didn't have as many toys, our TV was black and white and we ate 95% frozen/tinned/packet food while my friends had 'fancy' food like tomatoes, rice and grapes. We got a family car when I was 7 and things got a lot easier after that because they had access to supermarkets with fresh and cheaper food. It wasn't until I was an adult that I found out my parents had both missed multiple meals every single week for years. My sister and I always had three meals every day (my mum has said this is her proudest accomplishment in life) but there wasn't enough money to feed four people HS food and they had hidden this from us because they didn't want to put the huge guilt and pressure of 'mummy and daddy didn't eat because you had the food instead' onto two young children.

It got me thinking - she's mentioned that her son is banned from googling her because of what other people say about her but he will eventually google her and when he does he will see what she has said about him. He will find dozens and dozens of newspaper articles and blog posts that, while she is railing against the Tories, basically boil down to "I had lots of money and then I had my son and had none," "I had fantastic mental health and then I had my son and I've been repeatedly suicidal ever since," "I lived in great accomodation and then I had my son and slept on the floor without a lightbulb for two years," "I had wonderful physical health and then I had my son and I've never recovered," "I had a great career and then I had my son and couldn't do the job I loved."

Obviously parents have a right to rail against the government if they're struggling because of austerity but it's the way that she writes it - she doesn't say 'things were okay and then they got really hard', she paints this picture of a wonderful amazing life that went to hell after her son was born. I just hope the poor thing doesn't internalise any shame over it.

Okay, I'm back off to thread 17 now that I've said my piece. At the rate this thread moves I'll probably catch up by August. Thanks for keeping me entertained during these lockdowns and a happy new year to all!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 142
Looking at Twitter and her tweet about assembling the composter. Have these people got amnesia? Only one has pointed out she is supposed to be sick. All the others have simply forgotten and laughing and making jokes, totally oblivious to Jack's Covid adventure. That is how she gets away with all the tit she does, her followers take no notice and have the memory of a goldfish.

I think I am going mad.
Father Ted.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Just popping in to say wish all you fraus and herren a wonderful, prosperous, lucky and happy New Year. God, bless us every one. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 51
You’re right - that does look peculiar. Looks like she’s manipulated that part of the image (circled).
Below the red circle, her rear end looks unnaturally straight. Also the bottom of her necklace appears to be blurred/missing as there's a straight line going through the image.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Happy New Year when it comes, you ninnies!!
Seriously though, it’s a pleasure to get to spend time with so many hilarious, intelligent, creative, kind and interesting people.

Here’s to a much better year to come, and even more laughter. 🥳

As Oscar Wilde once said...

“We are all in the traaazers,
But some of us are looking up at the birds”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Has anyone seen this persons vids? Would love him to do a JM drama lol

Yes!!!! Oh that would be perfect, genius idea!

I’ve been singing “she’s a rotten, recip stealing witch, Doris“ in my head all day!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Happy New Year from the future! I’m about to go to bed.

she should get an accountant, and proper admin assistant. She doesn’t understand that her time is her money when she is bleeping about being forensic. I think I pay £300 or something to get a guy to do my UK tax return, she can easily afford this (half a sideboard).

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Blog post says the gofundme raised 30k which covered 6,500 books. £9 per book would cost £58k. This makes it under £5 per book.
Also we don’t know the terms of the book deal. Some pay an advance then you’d need to sell a million before you get royalties (so you really only get the advance as payment) fora shrewd author/agent with an idea of predicted sales you would have a tired approach advance + 7% per unit from sales after 10k sold.
Then there’s the question - is she selling them herself? Reading about bookshop.org the bookseller makes around 30% of RRP.
However the books were “sold” below rrp at around under £5 each.
Make it make sense!!!!!
Check the GoFundMe blurb JM goes into quite a bit of detail on costs and royalties. She ended up getting the books for £3.50 each inc p&p that's in the May 2019 update. I wanted to screenshot but my phone is on strike.

Reactions: 13
Happy New Year Fraus und Herrs when it comes. I'll pop in and out but mostly having a quiet one tonight. Loving all the laughs as usual. This cabal needs a comedy show ❤ I'm sending a floofy doggo in the meantime.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
@AnderbeauJohnson thank you for visiting from the past to share that. It must be very triggering. I often wonder what SB will make of it all in the years to come.

Happy New year and visit again soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
@kachoochoo your profile picture ❤

Only Taylor Swift could post something like that and the world fall at her feet. Expect a Jack tweet dressed in a bear suit shortly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.