Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking at Twitter and her tweet about assembling the composter. Have these people got amnesia? Only one has pointed out she is supposed to be sick. All the others have simply forgotten and laughing and making jokes, totally oblivious to Jack's Covid adventure. That is how she gets away with all the tit she does, her followers take no notice and have the memory of a goldfish.

I think I am going mad.
It has to be said MancBee, her good natured followers are ........a bit stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Have we started a list of things she's done whilst suffering from the worst case of covid ever?

Make a composter
Roam the streets looking for fish and chip shops and eat a huge portion of it.
Portion up and photograph kilos of fish
Make a trifle and find the time to research and slag of other versions
Send Xx tweets
Go to shops for 3 copies of the Express
Vegan pasticcio
Delete about 3000 tweets

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Sorry guys, I am OBSESSED with the Tin Can Cook Gofundme.

Have been doing some digging in the hopes that someone somewhere can pursue this.

The GoFundMe Was set up in November 2018 to send copies of Tin Can Cook to food banks.

It closed in Sep 2020, having raised £44,643.
JM stated that her publisher had donated thousands of books, Heinz donated thousands of tins, and that donations have been passed to the Trussell Trust in the form of books, cans, or monetary donations.

There is no breakdown of how the funding was spent which is interesting because her May 24 2019 update goes into forensic detail.

Tin Can Cook was published in May 2019 and the GoFundMe update (24 May 2019) states that £23,977 was raised. GoFundMe admin fee was £916.63, making a total if £23,060.37, allowing JM to supply 6588 books at 3.50 per book including postage and packing.

A quick twitter search brings up one tweet from a food bank saying they were one of 100 food banks to get 56 copies.

I think that it would be very interesting, and a public service on behalf of those kind people who donated in good faith to provide a full breakdown of how the funding was spent and how many books were distributed, and how much went on admin costs and into the pockets of the author and publisher.

I am not alleging any wrongdoing, by the way, I am just saying that people who donate to charity deserve transparency and there has to be someone checking up on this.
On a grunk so apologies if it’s already been said.
I noticed the go fund me team donated 1k (check “top donations”)
The GFM blurb states “I only earn the living wage and some months that’s hairy” or similar. Earns. Not takes, earns. That’s the part I’d be showing to a lawyer.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
Of all her named disagnoses I would bet on the ADHD one being accurate. This is because she sounds just like me when faced with a task which is supposed to be simple but which ends up being anything but.

Her tweeting that's she had to put herself in time out on the stairs had me howling with laughter and nodding in recognition...and I am no fan of hers . It describes me to an absolute T . I have to go and have time out upstairs for five mins. Mr Droosie sends me there when my frustration levels start rising.

And I'd be throwing the bits of that compost thing in the garden too. So have this one on me Jack, you really made me laugh and nod in recognition.

I've also decided that any future flat pack stuff will be put together by someone able and competent to do it.

If you're reading this Jack....

Find the money and get someone to do it for you, it's not urgent and like me you're in Tier 4. Put it aside until you aren't.
Agree with everything you've written. I do understand and relate to many of her struggles, but what gets me in a rage is that she intentionally makes life as bleeping difficult as possible for herself and then expects sympathy and cash in return for colossal duck ups and ripping people off. She has no self awareness and does not give a tit about her effect on people or how difficult it makes life for those around her.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I'm so buying into the Caroline doesn't exist narrative. It would just be the most Jack thing ever to have a pretend assistant.
Do any of our learned fraus and herrs know if employee information is shown, as a matter of course, at Companies House?

Reactions: 15
Have we started a list of things she's done whilst suffering from the worst case of covid ever?

Make a composter
Send Xx tweets
Vegan pasticcio
Delete about 3000 tweets
Write an article for a right wing rag.

Reactions: 39

Make a composter
Send Xx tweets
Vegan pasticcio
Delete about 3000 tweets
The Comfort Food Express

Reactions: 15
Do any of our learned fraus and herrs know if employee information is shown, as a matter of course, at Companies House?
It does and tbh that’s why I 100% believe an assistant exists, unless she’s paying a parent which is another common sole director of a ltd company trick but I highly doubt it as both of hers will be HRTP with the property income anyway?

Sorry for the dead content, but agreed with others who feel sick when jack tries to be sexual. She’s like a grotty sixth former in heat wanking multiple times a day in those freezing cold Victorian toilet blocks 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
So she has got a perfectly good compost heap, she just wants to have a "tumbling composter" because it is another gadget.

No doubt it will have been a Christmas gift. But being as they are in the region of £100, the house and garden are rented, and she already has a standard compost heap, it was a waste of money. Who gives Christmas presents of £100 anyway?

She is supposed to be so poor, but accepts gifts of £100 whilst being unable to reciprocate. She should explain that she finds it embarrassing to accept gifts when she cant do the same in return. If she came to an agreement that a maximum of £10 for a present should be spent, it would prevent any awkwardness. Though Jack is so self centred, she would never feel shame about accepting extravagant gifts, because in her mind "She's worth it"
She bought it herself, she needs to get rid of all the inedible veg and mountains of peelings somewhere

• Haha
Reactions: 27
& her squiggles prove to be moronic again, why would you waste money on an accountant to execute a very basic bit of data manipulation / analysis? It’s the sort of stuff you might use as an interview exercise for an intern or junior. She loves this idea of being a forensic statistician but she’s actually thick?

Also friendless cos I’ve done a lot more for friends, or friends of friends, for entirely free 🥴 it’s like a 5 minute job.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I predict deafening silence from the lovely @ Matt Tebbutt.

Yes re Marcus and Tom, no doubt Marcus discussed with her who to Collab with during one of their 📞calls. But he acknowledged Jack is simply too busy - she will take a background advisory role.
Have visions of Marcus telling his agent “Literally anyone but That Woman”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Will any of you lovely people do us the favour of buying and reading this book? We really do need to know what's in it, but I couldn't stomach a whole book of her whining and unsubstantiated ramblings.

I bet any money the first paragraph will be something along the lines of "I was a single mum, struggling on benefits, in a freezing cold flat. I sold all my possessions, bla bla, son's toys, bla bla, light bulbs, bla bla, more jam mummy, bla bla, rented flat, bla bla, moved 26million times bla bla bla."
I would but I don't want to giver her my hard earned cash. I just checked my local library app and am astounded that her books are on it, available to download and read. If the new book appears there I will gladly take one for the cabal.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.