Jack Monroe #125 Tweeted it, completed it, deleted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m in bed watching Skyfall and likely to be asleep within the hour
so .....Happy New Year Tattlers .... and stay safe.

See you on the other side 💗💗💗

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Has dear heart lovely @Matt replied yet? He really is taking his time :unsure:
Trapping the poor cat in the kitchen was beyond buttock clenchingly cringe. And Jack's forced manic laugh. Oh dear.
Matt didn't educate her - he shouldn't bloody have to as she was hired as a PROFESSIONAL (after making such an embarrassing fuss over Jamie Oliver's programme). I presume he assumed she wouldn't turn out to be the appalling carcrash she turned out to be.
Shame she couldn’t be bothered to empty the overflowing bin

Happy New Year when it comes, you ninnies!!
Seriously though, it’s a pleasure to get to spend time with so many hilarious, intelligent, creative, kind and interesting people.

Here’s to a much better year to come, and even more laughter. 🥳

As Oscar Wilde once said...

“We are all in the traaazers,
But some of us are looking up at the birds”
#thread title We are all in the traaazers,

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm streaming Hacienda revisited and reliving my youth. Party for one...the music is fantastic and nobody can see me making a fool of myself having a dance round the flat. Anyone interested
unitedwestream.co.uk

Free, but donations to charity if you wish.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Happy New Year everyone! First and last post here, as she annoys me so much I am going to switch to reading books in 2021. Of the many things that made the scales fall from my eyes was the always falling ill/having an accident when she had a deadline. My husband passed away in April, he spent his last 3.5 years having painful treatment for cancer and hardly ever complained and never made a big deal out of being ill. I know we’re all different in how we react and in terms of mental health, but IMHO she needs to get some perspective. So thanks for all the laughs and I wish everyone well for 2021.

• Heart
Reactions: 118
Sorry guys, I am OBSESSED with the Tin Can Cook Gofundme.

Have been doing some digging in the hopes that someone somewhere can pursue this.

The GoFundMe Was set up in November 2018 to send copies of Tin Can Cook to food banks.

It closed in Sep 2020, having raised £44,643.
JM stated that her publisher had donated thousands of books, Heinz donated thousands of tins, and that donations have been passed to the Trussell Trust in the form of books, cans, or monetary donations.

There is no breakdown of how the funding was spent which is interesting because her May 24 2019 update goes into forensic detail.

Tin Can Cook was published in May 2019 and the GoFundMe update (24 May 2019) states that £23,977 was raised. GoFundMe admin fee was £916.63, making a total if £23,060.37, allowing JM to supply 6588 books at 3.50 per book including postage and packing.

A quick twitter search brings up one tweet from a food bank saying they were one of 100 food banks to get 56 copies.

I think that it would be very interesting, and a public service on behalf of those kind people who donated in good faith to provide a full breakdown of how the funding was spent and how many books were distributed, and how much went on admin costs and into the pockets of the author and publisher.

I am not alleging any wrongdoing, by the way, I am just saying that people who donate to charity deserve transparency and there has to be someone checking up on this.
Can you bang a freedom of information request in?

I'm streaming Hacienda revisited and reliving my youth. Party for one...the music is fantastic and nobody can see me making a fool of myself having a dance round the flat. Anyone interested
unitedwestream.co.uk

I used to go to the hacienda.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Wishing all you bulling ninnies a happy new year. 2020 is one a lot of us will be glad to see the back off. I came here after I Googled pip Schofield took a dip into Jack Monroe ( not literally) and have never looked back 🥰 .Thank you all so much for keeping me sane , I remember sitting with our pup in the garden when # thread 31 happened . It was brilliant 😆. Hope everything is better for us all in the New Year . I'm away for a piss and a sandwich if that's ok ? Now duck off ❤. Thankyou

• Heart
Reactions: 60
unitedwestream.co.uk

Thank you for this! Proper blast from the past.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Have visions of Marcus telling his agent “Literally anyone but That Woman”
There was clips of an interview with Marcus Rashford on Soccer AM’s best bits and again, you could tell he’s a genuine, humble guy. He was saying his campaign started when he injured his back and he and his family went on holiday to Dubai. They were talking about how different their lives all were from when he and his sibling(s) were young and he decided then he wanted to help other kids in poverty.

Originally the plan was to help kids in Manchester but it grew really quickly. He went onto say that everyone involved knew that this was still the beginning because there was so much work to be done but they were there for it.

He’s a breath of fresh air and the total opposite from Jack who claims to be Great Britain Poverty Champion 2013-2020 but actually will do nothing for anyone unless it benefits her.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Happy New Year cabal. Thank you so much for the laughs and company this year. You’re a fantastic bunch of brilliantly clever, hilarious people and you’ve made many days this year a bit easier to get through. Cheers!

5BA0D3F6-2D81-4147-8C73-BA70C21D89C0.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Can you bang a freedom of information request in?

I used to go to the hacienda.
Sadly not - FOI legislation only applies to public bodies 😞

Happy new year everyone. Thanks for all your super wit. I have laughed so much since I started reading here.

• Heart
unitedwestream.co.uk

Same same 🙌🙌🙌🙌
Old Hacienda bird here!

I always think I may know you MancBee some of the things you say just sound sooooo familiar. I bet I bumped into you in the gay traitors a time or two.

Happy new year you mithering ninnies thanks for the absolutely fantastic piss taking and comedy. You lot are alright! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Loving the Haç chat. I only went once, to see Elastica, because you didn't want to pay a fiver in just to get turfed out if the police showed up at half twelve and it was game over for the night.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I don’t know if it is still a rumour(?) but Caroline is real, I’ve seen her in the flesh. Won’t say anything else on the matter as she is lovely and the complete opposite to Jack

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I’m confused about how she thinks she’s going to get a mortgage (post butter cut-backs, of course) if she’s not able to get more than a basic bank account..
She doesn’t want a mortgage. She wants people to take pity on her and buy her a bleeping house. Unless she doesn’t find a relationship where her partner has a house, my guess is she hopes she’ll inherit her parents’. Typically that doesn’t work with other children in the family though.

The fact that she admitted to wanting to crowdfund one once shows how grossly entitled at bat tit she is.

There will always be these people. And it is baffling. To various degrees of course. But Jack is up there with Belle Gibson and other famous grifters.

I had a friend like this once—not to the same degree as Jack, but would find partners to provide a life for her. Then would grift off friends who never knew she was taking money from everyone else. Finally people stopped bailing her out and she got a regular job (instead of freelance).

I’m a single mom and she asked me for $1,000. I went against my own best judgment and gave it to her so she wouldn’t be evicted. Apparently she did that a lot which I only found out later. Of course it took a long time to see the money again and our friendship was never the same. Weirdly, her brother also used relationships to gain wealth. Bizarre.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Happy new year lovelies. May this year bring all good things.. duck knows we deserve it.

• Heart
Happy new year you lovely lot! You have given me so many laughs this year

I can no longer say trousers, its traazers (on a bird), and if I'm behind at work I say I'm on a grunka

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.