Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The comic kitchen phase was really bizarre. Like why?
Genuinely why? I saw some posts like this on FB and she was being all cryptic about why she was doing it and all these wingebag commenters were complaining the filter gave them a migraine or something (delicate flowers) and she said she was gonna do some big reveal of the reason behind it but I never saw she did

• Haha
Reactions: 31
....and she had the bleeping nerve to state that once we’d done it her way we’d never go back
She meant you’d “never go back” to being able to eat even a properly prepared white sauce after witnessing her abomination.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Everyone. And I mean everyone knows when you knit a square patch blanket you use different colours for each square, otherwise it’s just a....blanket with dividing squares?

BB must be out living it up in London tonight, maybe been in an exec box for the football or somewhere equally as fun and Jack is scratting around on Twitter for some attention. I bet she didn’t even realise when she tweeted that that the blanket would end up as the same colour and has had to act like her little maverick brain made up that plan all along. What a grade a prick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
No DKL retrospective would be complete without her bursting onto the live cooking scene with this. 25 minutes onwards - look away at 30 minutes. 😱

P.S. Thinking about it, we should have had a 'Best DKL Clip' in The Sloppies. "Have you ever grown beans?" award-winning gardener, Adam Frost.
Oh no. The lasagne horror again. I was wincing all the way through.
She does this self conscience rushing around grabbing things that is so uncomfortable to watch. And so many excuses all the time. And the 'ladle - I need a ladle' just like her GQ masher moment.
I love the way at this point Matt doesn't even hide how baffled he is - 'that sauce is very thin'.
She makes cooking appear so stressful and unrelaxing. The exact opposite of good (or even slightly competent) TV chefs.
Thank you so much for these clips - Jack will be pleased to see them again I'm sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Oh no... does this mean that she’ll be wearing hideous Dr Who-esque type scarves when she next graces our screens with her presence? 😤😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
D9F14A51-95CA-477D-8475-8C34E141D221.jpeg

you say there was no chemistry... but why, then, did Matt dress as Jack for this episode?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I've outed myself as a JO fan before. Regardless of whether anyone personally likes him or not, he, like all other chefs that have thriving TV careers, is good at communicating. He can convey his enthusiasm for food, and makes cooking look achievable and enjoyable. I don't like Nigella (sorry, cabal). She's too verbose for my liking and I'm never that keen on the 'sexy' cooking thing, BUT I completely understand why she's successful. She's charming and has an easy, relaxed manner. She loves food and cooking.
And that is pretty much true for all TV chefs, regardless of whether you like them or their recipes personally. The only exception in my opinion is Heston Blumenthal, but I guess his skillset is pretty unique. Personality of a wooden plank though.
Agree with every word.. I don't want to look at Nigella's tits or her 'stock' cupboard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.