Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why has she stiched two pieces together that go the opposite way? I don't have OCD but by Christ that's frustrating to look at. Like most things Jack does tbh.
Why are they all the same colour if she's using them to mark the days? They'll just all blend into one beige blanket 🤷. Not that she'll get as far as completing a blanket before the next fad appears.

Reactions: 33
I've outed myself as a JO fan before. Regardless of whether anyone personally likes him or not, he, like all other chefs that have thriving TV careers, is good at communicating. He can convey his enthusiasm for food, and makes cooking look achievable and enjoyable. I don't like Nigella (sorry, cabal). She's too verbose for my liking and I'm never that keen on the 'sexy' cooking thing, BUT I completely understand why she's successful. She's charming and has an easy, relaxed manner. She loves food and cooking.
And that is pretty much true for all TV chefs, regardless of whether you like them or their recipes personally. The only exception in my opinion is Heston Blumenthal, but I guess his skillset is pretty unique. Personality of a wooden plank though.
I’m a huge fan of THAT MAN. I know he’s a fat tongued mockney but I have never made a recipe of his that’s failed. The crispy duck/ plum sauce from one of his books is so easy and always impresses. Jamie’s Italian chain I wanted to love but they are (were?) terrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Why are they all the same colour if she's using them to mark the days? They'll just all blend into one beige blanket 🤷. Not that she'll get as far as completing a blanket before the next fad appears.
I have a friend who last year was pregnant and suffered blood clots in her legs (DVT)
Thankfully both she and her baby are fine, but when she was in hospital she took up knitting as a hobby.
She hadn't done it before so can only do squares. She just had piles of squares and didn't really know what to do with them until she saw a woman on Twitter who decided to knit a scarf by doing one row every day.
Each day is knitted in a colour depending on the weather/temperature.
My friend took inspiration from this and has made a really lovely blanket using the red to blue colour scheme according to the weather.
Jack's squares are just tit in comparison

• Heart
Reactions: 42
It's always one of Jack's books to trade - never a small amount of cash, a charity donation or covering the postage. There's a difference between people who are frugal and those who are just plain tight with their money.
I do think this is possibly also because she really truly believes that having one of her books is worth more than cash, a charity donation or anything else.

Reactions: 25
DKL: she does know that Marguerite Patten (RIP) died in 2015- doesn’t she? She talked about her in the present tense.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Please refresh my memory. What is Tanks Jack?
From memory she pretended was extremely interested in tanks on twitter. I can't remember why however. Was it for something she was writing?
One of her undercover assignments for the government?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Please refresh my memory. What is Tanks Jack?
Omg my love it was so bad I scarcely read it but she seemed to be going on about bigger tanks or weaponry birthing small baby weaponry, for some reason their issue numbers of these things was of the utmost importance?

This is where she told us she deletes all her web history.... whilst surrounding herself with connected smart home accessories 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Jack, stop fannying about knitting porridge, and get those bastarding 50 shades of tit cards in the post!

Procrastination at it's best

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Would you not just know it as shrimp cocktail?
Yes, absolutely. I've determined the mayo and pink colour is what threw me. Plus the tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, and griddled canned grapefruit in Jack's recipe. And the martini glasses.

Franny Cradock's wiki led me to cocktail sauce wiki and it's not nearly as interesting, but it does say mayo and Marie Rose sauce is not common in North America. In Belgium, they add a dash of whisky. Everyone's got Cradock to thank. I've never heard of her before today, but I will be cooking in an evening dress tonight. I've watched some videos and in one she says, "It's my considered opinion that Christmas is just about slave labour for the women." Something I might repeat in her accent later this month.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.