Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just a couple of DKL highlights for a bit of Sunday nostalgia.

Two beautifully subtle comments in 60 seconds from Matt to Jack with her passive-aggressive lemon and random extension lead block at 21-22 minutes.

More classic footage from 26m 45s onwards. Wonderful introduction from Matt, before a seminal cooking segment that Jack recorded "all by herself". 😘

View attachment 345237
The second hand embarrassment I’m experiencing all over again is hitting me hard 🙈 The corned beef being grated! The raw onion being poured into a cold pan! The FAT cloves of garlic! Her (badly) reading and reciting cue cards!

Jack and those adenoids are not made for television. Or radio. Or print.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Just watched a bit of the pre-recorded bit she did for DKL. She's a bit wooden and not great but not awful. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever she couldn't be making short clips like that and putting them up on a YouTube channel. She's not a "natural" but once she got enough under her belt she'd relax and start to come over much better. To me this is yet another example of her laziness, she'd rather scrounge from her pay pigs than put the work into making legit money off YouTube whilst developing presenting skills. For her to feel she was robbed of a TV show by THAT MAN is just delusional.

All that said we have to address the absolute abomination that is that recipe. I haven't eaten meat since the 80s so I've no clue as whether corned beef would work in chilli or not. I suspect that comes down to personal taste but why in the name of all that is sacred and holy is she putting everything into a cold pan? Boiled onions are bleeping rank and I love onions- but FFS just give them a few minutes to fry and then start putting other stuff in. There is no way she's eating this stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
My opinion is that she always wanted to be famous, in the media and she got her foot in the media door with her blog and a piece in the local paper. They liked the poor budget content and now she’s stuck with it.
She doodles as much on her school book or diary cover. Her ambition goes way back.

Reactions: 19
Just watched a bit of the pre-recorded bit she did for DKL. She's a bit wooden and not great but not awful. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever she couldn't be making short clips like that and putting them up on a YouTube channel. She's not a "natural" but once she got enough under her belt she'd relax and start to come over much better. To me this is yet another example of her laziness, she'd rather scrounge from her pay pigs than put the work into making legit money off YouTube whilst developing presenting skills. For her to feel she was robbed of a TV show by THAT MAN is just delusional.

All that said we have to address the absolute abomination that is that recipe. I haven't eaten meat since the 80s so I've no clue as whether corned beef would work in chilli or not. I suspect that comes down to personal taste but why in the name of all that is sacred and holy is she putting everything into a cold pan? Boiled onions are bleeping rank and I love onions- but FFS just give them a few minutes to fry and then start putting other stuff in. There is no way she's eating this stuff.

ummm excuse me have you SEEN the masterpiece that was Jack's comic kitchen series?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
With regards to the Company's House address, if that's correct then the absolute neck of her claiming to be working class.
You can opt NOT to have your personal address public facing in Companies House filings, in which case the website shows the business address or maybe it's her accountant's address. I can't believe that they still haven't corrected her date of birth; it's not like it won't have been reported.

Reactions: 13
God help this fella when he discovers JM’s ‘cookbooks’ if he thinks JO is bad.

View attachment 345309
Personally, I thought this early TV series when he worked in the River Cafe was sweet. The dialogue between him and the woman off camera worked well. I know some can’t stand him but this kind of TV cookery show was revolutionary and showed he had the confidence and TV presence which paved the way for all he has done since.

Reactions: 34
I had never seen the daily kitchen live parts. Wow. Just wow.
OMG I’ve never seen this. He’s a very good live presenter. So awkward to watch, no chemistry. (When this went out I was in the midst of 8 hours a day live teaching, whilst trying to simultaneously home school my own kids, dark days).
Oh cripes just watched the first DKL above and am getting 2nd hand embarrassment all over again. The sheer incompetence of Jack.
And the constant fishing for validation 'oh thanks Matt you've really cheered me up'. Oh and she simply cannot do natural bantz. All it a bit painful really.
The second hand embarrassment I’m experiencing all over again is hitting me hard 🙈 The corned beef being grated! The raw onion being poured into a cold pan! The FAT cloves of garlic! Her (badly) reading and reciting cue cards!
Jack and those adenoids are not made for television. Or radio. Or print.

No DKL retrospective would be complete without her bursting onto the live cooking scene with this. 25 minutes onwards - look away at 30 minutes. 😱

P.S. Thinking about it, we should have had a 'Best DKL Clip' in The Sloppies. "Have you ever grown beans?" award-winning gardener, Adam Frost.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
If I had the DKL experience as part of my professional career in the manner of Jack, I would still be curled up in my own colon with embarassment now. It’s the kind of thing that professional nightmares are made of and it would have broken me. But she didn’t give a tit. She was crap day after day and made no effort to fix the problems and she thinks it’s funny! So many people will be involved in the hard work of pulling that all together under the difficult restrictions but she seems to think as a co-presenter, her bleeping it up for herself and everyone else is hilarious and just another of her charming “chaoses”. She’s the epitome of spoilt middle class brat who thinks the world owes them a living.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Matt: “Hey Jack, care to explain why there are different percentages of fat in mince?”
Jack: There just are.

Stunned silence in the gallery before Matt remedies the situation.

Comedy.Gold.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
omg more bleeping cat instastories - make it stop 😱

when jack is trying to be on her best behaviour it really highlights how unbelievably bleeping boring she really is

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.