Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
98597429-C3A3-49A2-8627-52EF37FE3035.jpeg
Thank(space)you, can you please send me Jamie Oliver’s Christmas Cookbook? 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 90
Oh god, it really is as bad as I remember.
The way she flaps her hands because no one is talking to her and so she starts to tantrum.
And, my favourite bit (and a true testament to Matt's professionalism) when Matt desperately starts to fill in the silence and basically just lists all the vegetables in the world.
The gallery must have been going crazy shouting in his earpiece.
JESUS CHRIST MATT FILL FILL FFS!!
Matt..'Um asparagus, spinach, Jane what other vegetables can you cook'
Jane 'all vegetables'
M' do you put olive oil on them?'
J 'no'

Oh and thankspaceyou for reminding us of the true horror on Matt's face when realising this isn't a piss take and she genuinely meant the lasagne to look like that
When you said Jesus Christ Matt fill for FFS. Did anyone else here read it in the voice of Richard from Bridget Jones.

"Come the f**k on Bridget"

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Oh no. The lasagne horror again. I was wincing all the way through.
She does this self conscience rushing around grabbing things that is so uncomfortable to watch. And so many excuses all the time. And the 'ladle - I need a ladle' just like her GQ masher moment.
I love the way at this point Matt doesn't even hide how baffled he is - 'that sauce is very thin'.
She makes cooking appear so stressful and unrelaxing. The exact opposite of good (or even slightly competent) TV chefs.
Thank you so much for these clips - Jack will be pleased to see them again I'm sure.
Could not have been more contrast between the gorgeous segment with Nigel Slater waxing lyrical about the soothing nature of making his own pastry, when he had the time and inclination.
Editing genius, to make her live cooking somehow even more frenetic 😝

Reactions: 28
No DKL retrospective would be complete without her bursting onto the live cooking scene with this. 25 minutes onwards - look away at 30 minutes. 😱

P.S. Thinking about it, we should have had a 'Best DKL Clip' in The Sloppies. "Have you ever grown beans?" award-winning gardener, Adam Frost.
I had forgotten how bad this was, the long spells of silence .................................................

Has anyone counted up the number of times Matt started a sentence with "so' when he was trying to coax a response out of Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Agree with every word.. I don't want to look at Nigella's tits or her 'stock' cupboard.
Nigella's stock cupboard makes me unnecessarily annoyed. So much food. Like her bloody tool box of liquorice. And her affectation of constantly waving her hands around. I like her in theory but find her almost unwatchable now. Much prefer JO.

Jack's 'when have I ever done anything the conventional way?'  Crazy madcap smol scamp. 🤮

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
It's always one of Jack's books to trade - never a small amount of cash, a charity donation or covering the postage. There's a difference between people who are frugal and those who are just plain tight with their money.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
That's a Flippity Fish, they've been advertised on TV. They're 19.99 quid.

Cooper is a lovely boy and he deserves his 20 quid cat toy. But why pretend you can't spend 2 pounds on butter??!
Um, how do you know he didn’t just FIND IT IN A PUDDLE?!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I've outed myself as a JO fan before. Regardless of whether anyone personally likes him or not, he, like all other chefs that have thriving TV careers, is good at communicating. He can convey his enthusiasm for food, and makes cooking look achievable and enjoyable. I don't like Nigella (sorry, cabal). She's too verbose for my liking and I'm never that keen on the 'sexy' cooking thing, BUT I completely understand why she's successful. She's charming and has an easy, relaxed manner. She loves food and cooking.
And that is pretty much true for all TV chefs, regardless of whether you like them or their recipes personally. The only exception in my opinion is Heston Blumenthal, but I guess his skillset is pretty unique. Personality of a wooden plank though.
A lot of people don’t watch nigella for the cooking 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I've outed myself as a JO fan before. Regardless of whether anyone personally likes him or not, he, like all other chefs that have thriving TV careers, is good at communicating. He can convey his enthusiasm for food, and makes cooking look achievable and enjoyable. I don't like Nigella (sorry, cabal). She's too verbose for my liking and I'm never that keen on the 'sexy' cooking thing, BUT I completely understand why she's successful. She's charming and has an easy, relaxed manner. She loves food and cooking.
And that is pretty much true for all TV chefs, regardless of whether you like them or their recipes personally. The only exception in my opinion is Heston Blumenthal, but I guess his skillset is pretty unique. Personality of a wooden plank though.
I like JO too. I never did before actually watching one of his TV shows. I used to dislike him because of his tongue and being a self-righteous nob. But he really is a natural at TV presenting, comes across as very friendly and as you said makes cooking look easy. I really enjoyed his Veg show.

Nigella, I've never actually watched. But my dad likes her, despite him have zero interest in cooking.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Um, how do you know he didn’t just FIND IT IN A PUDDLE?!

it was a gift from the mice in lieu of payment for all his hard work

knitting jack is absolutely the most yawnsome jack. thank duck it won't last long 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Why has she stiched two pieces together that go the opposite way? I don't have OCD but by Christ that's frustrating to look at. Like most things Jack does tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Oh no. The lasagne horror again. I was wincing all the way through.
She does this self conscience rushing around grabbing things that is so uncomfortable to watch. And so many excuses all the time. And the 'ladle - I need a ladle' just like her GQ masher moment.
I love the way at this point Matt doesn't even hide how baffled he is - 'that sauce is very thin'.
She makes cooking appear so stressful and unrelaxing. The exact opposite of good (or even slightly competent) TV chefs.
Thank you so much for these clips - Jack will be pleased to see them again I'm sure.
I skipped ahead, landed on the mushroom mince and her weird passive aggressive comment and immediately had to turn it off before I cringed my own hole out.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.