Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This picture stuff is what is so infuriating. She will use us doing this compare and contrast as evidence of bullying. When in fact it is entirely of her own making.

If she just posted pictures of herself completely undoctored that looked like the ones that appeared in the media then we would have no fuel. As it is, she posts triggering, FaceTuned, unrealistic images that look nothing like her. For many of us here, this is harmful, for others it enrages, but for all it isjust evidence of the lies that we need documenting.

Like with so many facets of what we are discussing, if the lies stopped, we would.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Iceland used to advertise the prawn ring with a song, featuring the lyrics: " who's got the pretty pink prawn riiiiing?".

My sister and I used to be bent double laughing at it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
The “I want to be Nigella when I grow up” thing is also ridiculous and embarrassing. As if she is so ickle and young. FFS Jack, you are THIRTY TWO YEARS OLD. The growing up really should have happened by now. When Nigella was your age, she already had a journalism career and TV under her belt, as well as books.
And her Daddy a Baron, not an MBE...

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I dunno. I heard it was lard, mandarin juice and cranberry sauce. Possibly blended with raw onion. Bung it in a curry!
Boiling the onions whole before chopping them is probably the most questionable culinary "tip" I've ever seen her shart out into the public domain, and I don't say that lightly.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
When we were really hard up I'd start in September buying one extra thing a week (l mean tins and frozen stuff).

I couldn't afford a turkey, and we didn't really like it so we had a large chicken.
All the usual sides mash and roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots and peas, stuffing, Yorkshire puds, pigs in blankets, gravy etc.

Starter was just melon with some frozen berries made into a coulis, and pudding varied but may have been trifle.

There were always leftovers for boxing day.

No lard was harmed in the making of that dinner

• Heart
Reactions: 37
But if I were a gammon sitting down to read that paper today, what exactly in that article would even bring my thoughts to issues affecting people in poverty
What I would take from that article (if I didn't know better) would be that people who receive benefits get plenty of money, they just don't know how to cook/budget. She says that she is using the platform to change people's views. What she has done is reinforced their views, not challenged them.

I know I keep saying it, but she is dangerous to the very people that she purports to represent and campaign for.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
It's pantomime season! Yay! I'm working on my script for a show based on JM's life, along the lines of the radio play (RIP June), and the.film offer.

Provisionally titled "Jack and the Beanslop", I'm hoping for Joe Pasquale for the starring role.

Supporting roles include the scarf, brambly mice, Cooper cat.

I've approached the Cotswold Company re providing the set. No reply as yet

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Christ, The Express is like a Monroe goldmine, look at this little piece of genius by her. Ten tips to cut down on your food shop....stating the obvious 101.

”Don’t serve more than necessary” Okay Jack, I deliberately put more food on everyone’s plate as I LOVE to waste money.

View attachment 344632
Dunno about anyone else but, when I cook, I plate up what I hope my kids will eat. If it doesn’t get eaten, I scrape it onto my own plate or bowl and stick on the side to eat for lunch the next day. Nothing gets wasted 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.