Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am SO ANGRY about her comment in the article that the jobs kept rolling in after the horrible 'cookery' show. Another proof that she put on a poor show to grift money from poor strangers who felt compelled to donate bc she kept mentioning unopened mail and the threat of having her water cut off!!!
No excuse ever for this. She deliberately mislead her good hearted followers.
Now she is doing a 'nah nah, am not poor just saving for a house' thing. What a slap in the face!!!!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
We were very working class and it was the one time of the year when we did. It was either veg soup or pate( when we got older) Xmas dinner, then, gateau or ice-cream for dessert.
God I love pate so much. I have to go to tescos soon (been putting it off all day) and you've influenced me to get some now - thank(space)you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
200g of prawns for four people?! Is that normal portion size? No wonder I'm such a fatty!
I love, LOVE prawns. 200g would do me just fine. I hate prawn cocktail though. Any prawn starter ideas that aren’t prawn cocktail dear hearts? Answers on a beige postcard please.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
If you read the article like satire, it helps. You can tell where Jack really insisted: working-class family, rented house, diagnosed as gifted, WTF ⚰:ROFLMAO:

What really annoyed me though was the mention of her raising her son single-handedly. He has a father who was never absent. They may not share the same household, but SB's dad didn't abandon his son, deny him, or die.
But she’s point scoring, oh poor me 😢😢 boo hoo I’m a single parent, I’m so poor, it’s so hard.

you get no points for huge detached bungalow, stay at home all day, designer gear, father has child regularly, and supports him

• Angry
Reactions: 29
I love, LOVE prawns. 200g would do me just fine. I hate prawn cocktail though. Any prawn starter ideas that aren’t prawn cocktail dear hearts? Answers on a beige postcard please.
Prawn toast? No idea how to make it, I am a non-fishy frau and basically hate all seafood but prawn toast is *chefskiss*

ETA its probably not the best starter idea I just love it!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thoughts. Why all the unnecessary origin story guff? I’ve never read a cook/chef go on about their life story so much. Tell me about the charity you’re working with, what they do, where to donate and then tell me the recipes. No-one needs to know you were once “diagnosed as gifted” at school or you all shared one prawn between you because poor.

So. Much. Lard. What is the point of suggesting a vegan option when the vegan guests can eat duck all else with it because you’ve cooked it all in lard? Lard is disgusting. Even if you’re on a budget, buy a bottle of sunflower oil.

Prawn cocktail recipe. Get prawns, open jar of sauce. Mix. Great recipe, Jack.
Except that it does NOT contain unnecessary details- they are all in it for a reason..to establish a weird bond and narrative and fake inside look.
Strange only that with such a lovely and close-knit family she suffered from poverty and did not have enough to eat.

To be clear for non-coven readers: People should not have to rely on their families, everyone should be able to feed themselves based on benefit, no exceptions allowed.

Oh, and I think the very tiring long trek to Asda was because she wants to get a deal with them. Why would she mention them so often?

Reactions: 33
A tattoo explanation. Of course it was to do with an ex and probably a passive aggressive way of provoking them into contacting her. She is such a narcissist, I don’t know how the squiggles can’t put two and two together 🙄

9293FBDE-03F3-4D3D-95D1-09C3BAB4FA40.jpeg

Ps. Except some passive aggressive tweet about the state of her nails at some point - as soon as she Grunka’s.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Just read the full article shared by @MancBee.

Since when did Jack watch the Queens Speech? Ever since she started writing for the Express? :sneaky:

Looks like we have a whole new Jack. Goodbye Guardian Jack who is vegan and hates tories and welcome Express Jack for whom church and the Queens Speech the focal points of the day. Next she'll need to say she watches Songs of Praise and slept out in the streets to get the best vantage point during the Jubilee.

The bit about Nigella was super cringe. 🤢

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
I'm proper pissed off with the undeclared Del Monte advert. Tesco's own tinned grapefruit in juice is 80p and Princes mandarin in juice is 85p. That's 20 and 15 pence less than Del Monte. Either the pennies matter or they don't.

The vegan option is... bread and vegetable peelings? With no sides cos they're all covered in bloody lard.

Also what the duck does 'ideas she said sprang from her autism' mean?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Tom Yum soup? I like to do prawns in a pan, turn off the heat and then drizzle on a dressing made of fish sauce, palm sugar, and lime. Add chilli if you like, finely sliced shallots, coriander 👌

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.