Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK, will post the article over a few posts. The inevitable verbal vomit first. Then the meal plan. View attachment 343869View attachment 343870View attachment 343871View attachment 343873
I know there’s a lot to take from this but I can’t believe how bitter she was about stopping working for Essex Fire Brigade! I don’t believe they sacked her because she was pregnant. I don’t know anything about employment law but as a Civil Service employee, I’m aware that public sector employers have to accommodate requests for flexible working...but that’s not always possible, you can’t have someone on permanent night shift or back shift just because JM has a kid.

And you would think that the life she has would help her get over it - we wouldn’t be here now if she’d continued working for them (mind you, I can only imagine how hellish an employee she would be and she does have a lot of ailments) and she has had some amazing opportunities (this stuff keeps me awake at night, I mean why her?!)

That sounded a really nasty snipe at people who married firefighters. Resentment is the number one offender, you need to move on from this tit Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I wish I hadn't checked in here so early in the day because I'm going to be wandering around muttering "diagnosed as gifted" all day whilst wearing a puzzled expression on my face. I must say I'm very surprised at a grammar school taking a child with a diagnosis of being gifted and then just leaving them to underachieve their way into a stupor, only paying attention to them when it's to make snide digs about burger flipping. Perhaps Jack was just too maverick and gifted to get the benefit of their support.
If she was “gifted and talented” or gifted as she states then extra resources would have been put in at every stage of her secondary schooling. It was/is a bone of contention about the “abandoned mid-attainers”. This would have been particularly the case if she was diagnosed as ASD at 11 as she claims.

She would have attended extra revision classes, mastery classes and high achiever events at universities. If there was any sign of her underachieving, interventions would have been put in place.

I think you can tell by my post how I feel on this statement of hers.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Well that whole meal plan is just a complete waste of time, money and ingredients. Far simpler and nicer ways to have a budget Christmas dinner. She's just done her usual thing of unnecessarily bleeping about with food and making vile concoctions, except this time with added lard, being Christmas an' all 🙄. Her recipe inventions really have no place anywhere, who the hell is going to make that tit for Christmas? The only people that will praise that are her diehard followers, that would praise a sugared turd if that's what she served up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
That meal is the bleeping saddest thing she's ever made and that really is something.
I said the other day that Clodagh (can't remember surname) on Stephs pack lunch did Christmas dinner for a tenner and it looked lovely.
No bleeping lard or tinned mandarins in sight.
If you were genuinely hard up at Christmas you would definitely not be making this tit.
Personally I would get a chicken, a packet of pigs in blankets, potatoes to roast and sprouts.
Mince pie for pud.
She is soooooo annoying!!

• Heart
I wouldn't even have that shitrag in my house.
I did it for the cabal, though I must admit I hid it under my coat as I walked home in fear of someone seeing it.

It won't stay in my home long, am I forgiven?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
If she was “gifted and talented” or gifted as she states then extra resources would have been put in at every stage of her secondary schooling. It was/is a bone of contention about the “abandoned mid-attainers”. This would have been particularly the case if she was diagnosed as ASD at 11 as she claims.

She would have attended extra revision classes, mastery classes and high achiever events at universities. If there was any sign of her underachieving, interventions would have been put in place.

I think you can tell by my post how I feel on this statement of hers.
this is so true - i went to a state school that is very highly ranked and took results very seriously (chucking you off your GCSE course if they expected you to get below a B...great message to send to kids 🙄)...my best friend was in trouble all the time, bunking off, smoking outside the school etc but she was also highly gifted, particularly at maths and won some national maths competition for the school, so no matter what she did she was never even close to being expelled! While the rest of us were all asked not to come back for sixth form lol.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
@MancBee does it include the recipe for the prawn cocktail too? I just looked back and can't see it in your posts.

Reactions: 20
  • Sad
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
So bread and tinned mandarins in the starter, and bread and tinned manderins in the pudding. Disgraceful

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I did it for the cabal, though I must admit I hid it under my coat as I walked home in fear of someone seeing it.

It won't stay in my home long, am I forgiven?
As long as you do something fun with it afterwards.

Do you have a rabbit who needs his cage lined or a cat whose litter tray needs a base?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Thinking that you can 'turn' right wingers by appealing to their better nature or meeting them half way is the most centrist bullshit ever. It's what got us those Labour Party anti-immigration mugs a few years ago and why we're probably going to go the same way with Starmer. I can't work out if Jack actually believes that she's doing some good here or she just got those ££££££ signs in her greedy goblin eyes.

Regardless, does she honestly think that such a nazi shitrag as the Express would allow *actually* left wing stuff in that interview? It passed cos she's a good little tory at heart and she's proving a point that those feckless benefit cheats should shovel down their lard stew and shut up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Sure Jack, to suggest people to get this shopping at that price, go to two supermarkets just before Xmas, when the places are mental, but also in a pandemic!!

Not a single person will follow this thankfully! (hopefully!)

Wonder how many readers have changed their mind about whatever she thinks they would change their mind about? maybe they thought she was just a tattooed left-wing lesbian and now thinks of her as a self-centred head who secretly right-leaning?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.