Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes. When she was at Primary school they used to identify the top 25% (or something) regardless of the ability of class.
Funny she’s never mentioned it before, isn’t it. Not like her at all. So I’m inclined to think it’s steaming bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
OK having read that pudding recipe I'm almost tempted to try it, it sounds so disgusting!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
The article itself is just the same old self-obsessed self-aggrandising me me me stuff. All that “when I address housing conferences” stuff. Well, we’ve seen what that looks like. And the crawly Nigella stuff. (Shudder.)

Reactions: 33
Small boy goes to his dad's for boxing day dinner? Pull the other one it's got christmas bells on!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wish I hadn't checked in here so early in the day because I'm going to be wandering around muttering "diagnosed as gifted" all day whilst wearing a puzzled expression on my face. I must say I'm very surprised at a grammar school taking a child with a diagnosis of being gifted and then just leaving them to underachieve their way into a stupor, only paying attention to them when it's to make snide digs about burger flipping. Perhaps Jack was just too maverick and gifted to get the benefit of their support.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
We got our Christmas dinner this year all responsibly sourced and I will tell you a secret it didn't cost the earth either.

Why doesn't she do something like this. Good produce farmed responsibly and inexpensive. It's not always and easy task but it is doable.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Diagnosis: Gifted HAS to be the next thread title (unless we have another chaos before then)

Or should that be Diagnosis: Grifted ya shameless beggar

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.