Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know there’s a lot to take from this but I can’t believe how bitter she was about stopping working for Essex Fire Brigade! I don’t believe they sacked her because she was pregnant. I don’t know anything about employment law but as a Civil Service employee, I’m aware that public sector employers have to accommodate requests for flexible working...but that’s not always possible, you can’t have someone on permanent night shift or back shift just because JM has a kid.

And you would think that the life she has would help her get over it - we wouldn’t be here now if she’d continued working for them (mind you, I can only imagine how hellish an employee she would be and she does have a lot of ailments) and she has had some amazing opportunities (this stuff keeps me awake at night, I mean why her?!)

That sounded a really nasty snipe at people who married firefighters. Resentment is the number one offender, you need to move on from this tit Jack.
So many lies/inconsistencies. She wasn't sacked from the fire service. She quit in temper when they wouldn't let her pick and choose her own hours.
Well, that's what she said before, so who knows?

Reactions: 41
How Jack wants us to think she looks:

581AA029-EA9E-45E3-88FE-027A7A672EAD.jpeg

How Jack actually looks:

258932E3-804B-40D5-B057-6464986BC1FD.png

The stupidest thing is, she doesn’t even look that bad in the photo from the shoot, she looks like a mum in her early 30s. It’s just a shocking comparison to her heavily doctored fantasy.

Agree with all other posters: saddest Christmas dinner attempt ever and absolutely playing into the hands of the tories. Way to perpetuate some toxic anti-welfare ideology, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
SHE has the cheek to call sweet potatoes TRAGIC! She’s a bit of a tragedy imho 😤

(I ❤ sweet potatoes so I am fiercely protective of them 😂. It would be boring if we all liked the same things and offering people alternatives is handy...but her alternatives are always SHOCKING!!!
Ah but would you defend them with the fire of a thousand suns?? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I did it for the cabal, though I must admit I hid it under my coat as I walked home in fear of someone seeing it.

It won't stay in my home long, am I forgiven?
It's like you are an actual spy.

Now burn it...

• Haha
Reactions: 35
@MancBee does it include the recipe for the prawn cocktail too? I just looked back and can't see it in your posts.
Ohhhhh better have a look. Not like me to miss something (liar, liar, pants on fire, I'm always missing something 😂)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
As long as you do something fun with it afterwards.

Do you have a rabbit who needs his cage lined or a cat whose litter tray needs a base?
No, but I could cut it up and make Christmas paper chains out of it. You know it's all us poor people on benefits deserve.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Ok, so i decided to take one for the team and looked at the website.
No mention of Jack's cheap and nasty Christmas dinner.
In fact, no mention of Jack at all..
Plenty of food stuff, Christmas dinner stuff but nothing on her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Unless it's a commonly held right wing belief that left wingers can cook well, I'm not sure what she's changing anyone's mind about??
Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 11.45.56.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
So many lies/inconsistencies. She wasn't sacked from the fire service. She quit in temper when they wouldn't let her pick and choose her own hours.
Well, that's what she said before, so who knows?
Another Jack story I find hard to believe. I've helped numerous people get their hours changed as a union rep. There's always a lot of back and forth and negotiation unless it's just a very small change. I'm in the third sector which mostly has better policies than the private sector but isn't as good as the public sector. I suspect her weird pass agg war with her parents has more to do with it than anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
There's a multitude of things that irritate me about Jack so it's sometimes hard to rank them, but trying to make a catchphrase out of "plenty of black pepper" is pretty, pretty high up there.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
There's a multitude of things that irritate me about Jack so it's sometimes hard to rank them, but trying to make a catchphrase out of "plenty of black pepper" is pretty, pretty high up there.
Yes and I love plenty of black pepper to the extent that it's one of my lottery fantasies to open a restaurant where they leave the big pepper grinder on the table instead of the waiter allocating your ration. Jack has brought the whole POBP community into disrepute with her antics.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Er ... an HOUR for pigs in blankets in the oven?? At 180? They should only take around 25 minutes. After an hour they’d be like coal.
And 15 minutes for Yorkshires? No way, unless she’s making goblin size ones

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.